TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Underground Playground > TiVo Upgrade Center
>>> cannot make tivo bootable work <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Jim277 is offline Old Post 06-27-2004 03:26 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Jim277 Find more posts by Jim277 Add Jim277 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jim277

cannot make tivo bootable work

Can anyone help me with this...I am at my wits end...I have made boot discs for make tivo bootable and when I try to restart the pc from the floppy it says replace the disc any hit any key....All I want is for the thing to work again.....Thanks..JIM

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

krymaney is offline Old Post 06-27-2004 06:55 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for krymaney Find more posts by krymaney Add krymaney to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
krymaney

Have you gone into your CMOS settings and made sure the boot sequence includes the floppy drive?

Have you burned a CD bootable image, or just the floppy?

The reason it says "Replace the disk, and hit any key to reboot" is because your system doesn't recognize the boot disk as "bootable".

Did you use a new floppy to make the boot diskettte? If not, try that. Even if it is un-used but old...the ferrous-oxide on floppies deteriorates over time.

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged