TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Underground Playground > TiVo Upgrade Center
>>> svr 2000 with turbonet <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
mikebon is offline Old Post 06-27-2004 02:43 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for mikebon Find more posts by mikebon Add mikebon to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mikebon

svr 2000 with turbonet

I have an svr 2000 that I would like to upgrade with more recording time and also use broadband insted of phone line. I have read that you can do this, but if I do, can I also have the capability to slect programs to record while on internet. Also, could I use the home media options so I could play music show pictures from computer to tivo?

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Chris Gerhard is offline Old Post 06-27-2004 04:00 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Chris Gerhard Find more posts by Chris Gerhard Add Chris Gerhard to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chris Gerhard
TiVo Forum Special Member

Re: svr 2000 with turbonet

quote:
Originally posted by mikebon
I have an svr 2000 that I would like to upgrade with more recording time and also use broadband insted of phone line. I have read that you can do this, but if I do, can I also have the capability to slect programs to record while on internet. Also, could I use the home media options so I could play music show pictures from computer to tivo?

Regarding using the SVR2000 to schedule recordings online, post that question on the Underground forum here with that specific question in the thread name. To my knowledge, the answer is no but someone may have hacked a way by now. HMO is not available for series 1 TiVos, which the SVR2000 is. You can easily upgrade to a larger hard drive for greater capacity. You can also add ethernet connectivity as you have determined.

Chris

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Gomer Pyle is offline Old Post 06-27-2004 04:33 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Gomer Pyle Find more posts by Gomer Pyle Add Gomer Pyle to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gomer Pyle

You can use the TiVoWeb hack to schedule over the internet. You will never get TiVo's HMO on a Series 1.

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged