TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Underground Playground > TiVo Upgrade Center
>>> After new harddrive install service not working ... Help <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
JohnDubs is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 08:40 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for JohnDubs Find more posts by JohnDubs Add JohnDubs to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JohnDubs

After new harddrive install service not working ... Help

I have 2 Hughes HDVR2. I had one of my HD's crash and it cauesed a GSOD. I tried to repair some files but nothing worked. I made a image copy of my 2nd Hughes HDVR2 unit and everything went smoothly. I installed the new hardrive and everything worked fine. Now a day later on the unit I replaced the HD in the service is not working. Service is working in the rwst of the house just not on that unit. Do I need to get a new card or just reactive it? thanks.

Last edited by JohnDubs on 06-29-2004 at 08:45 PM

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

weaknees is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 08:48 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for weaknees Visit weaknees's homepage! Find more posts by weaknees Add weaknees to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
weaknees
TiVo Forum Special Member

Did you do a "clear and delete everything?"

Michael

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

JohnDubs is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 08:51 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for JohnDubs Find more posts by JohnDubs Add JohnDubs to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JohnDubs

yes, I did it last night. All the channels worked. I woke up this morning and it said to "activate" call....... I'm stumped. Could I have done the wrong kind of backup or something making it see the same serial numbers....I don't know I'm so frustrated right now.

Last edited by JohnDubs on 06-29-2004 at 08:57 PM

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

JohnDubs is offline Old Post 06-30-2004 12:56 AM
JohnDubs

can anyone help me?

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

tarman is offline Old Post 06-30-2004 01:35 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tarman Find more posts by tarman Add tarman to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tarman

quote:
Originally posted by JohnDubs

can anyone help me?

Clear and delete all should have worked. Did you somehow switch access card with a different one?

If you get a signal on 100, I suggest you call D* and have them re-enable your card.

If not, you may have broken the box.

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

JohnDubs is offline Old Post 06-30-2004 01:38 AM
JohnDubs

Clear and delete worked last night. I had all the channels and I could record. I woke up this morning and it said my service needed to be activated. It is strange because it all worked the night prior. Since I used made a backup image from my other HDVR2 when I call Dtv will they able to see that? Would that mean I have two identical drives or whatnot. I jus't don't want no legal trouble.

Last edited by JohnDubs on 06-30-2004 at 01:53 AM

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Robert S is offline Old Post 06-30-2004 02:00 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Robert S Find more posts by Robert S Add Robert S to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Robert S
TiVo Forum Special Member

No-one cares that you re-imaged your drive. They probably could tell if they needed to, but why would they bother?

Anyway, this doesn't seem to be related to the hard drive problems as far as I can see. The need for the C&DE reset is well documented, but it should have worked after you did that.

You might want to take this to the DTiVo forum to see if this is a known issue with DTiVoes.

It sounds to me like your DTV card has come loose, or something like that.

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

JohnDubs is offline Old Post 06-30-2004 02:02 AM
JohnDubs

quote:
Originally posted by Robert S
No-one cares that you re-imaged your drive. They probably could tell if they needed to, but why would they bother?

Anyway, this doesn't seem to be related to the hard drive problems as far as I can see. The need for the C&DE reset is well documented, but it should have worked after you did that.

You might want to take this to the DTiVo forum to see if this is a known issue with DTiVoes.

It sounds to me like your DTV card has come loose, or something like that.

Thanks for your help.

POST #8 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged