TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > DVD TiVo Units
>>> Do you think we will get HDTV/TIVO/DIRECTV/DVD-RW? <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
MediaLivingRoom is offline Old Post 01-06-2004 07:23 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for MediaLivingRoom Visit MediaLivingRoom's homepage! Find more posts by MediaLivingRoom Add MediaLivingRoom to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MediaLivingRoom
Special Ed Student

Question Do you think we will get HDTV/TIVO/DIRECTV/DVD-RW?

Do you think we will get HDTV/TIVO/DIRECTV/DVD-RW in 2005? And I do understand that HDTV is not the same as DVD.

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Dan203 is offline Old Post 01-06-2004 07:33 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Dan203 Visit Dan203's homepage! Find more posts by Dan203 Add Dan203 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dan203
Cyn-er

No! I don't believe there will ever be a unit that combines DirecTV with DVD-RW. Pressure from DriecTV's content partners as well as the DMCA will prevent it.

Also HDTV and DVD-RW won't work well together either. HDTV's bitrate (~20Mbps) is to high for conventional DVD players, and even if it wern't a standard 4.7GB DVD-RW disk would only hold about 30 minutes of HDTV which wouldn't be much use to anyone. Now a HDTiVo with a built in Blu-Ray DVD recorder might be another story.

Dan

All with Lifetime
Note: Two of the above TiVos actually belong to loopey, but I have access to them so I'm counting them

"It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye" - loopey
"Dan's absolutely correct." - TiVoPony (link)
"Dan's absolutely correct." - TiVoOpsMgr (link)

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jasonl99 is offline Old Post 01-06-2004 07:36 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jasonl99 Find more posts by jasonl99 Add jasonl99 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jasonl99
Now New and Improved

I'd be happy if they just had another upgrade with a new feature or two

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged