TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > TiVo TV Talk > Season Pass Alerts
>>> Monk? <<<

Pages (2): [1] 2 Next »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
wug is offline Old Post 06-07-2004 06:06 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for wug Find more posts by wug Add wug to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wug

Monk?

Does anybody know what's up with Monk? My TiVo has a bunch of episodes on the to-do list (SP set to record new first-run only), and those episodes don't have any specific guide data. Just the general description of the series. Are these actual new episodes, or old episodes? Anybody know when the new season starts? I'm pretty sure I've seen every episodes that has already aired, so if these are poorly labeled reruns, I'll just delete from my to-do list.

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Captain Video is offline Old Post 06-07-2004 07:27 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Captain Video Find more posts by Captain Video Add Captain Video to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Captain Video
Guy with a Tivo

There seems to be a marathon of last season's shows coming up.

I believe the new season starts on Friday June 18. Look at the ep info and the new ones should have a description and (2004) next to the title.

2004 World Series Champions

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ttodd1 is offline Old Post 06-07-2004 07:29 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ttodd1 Find more posts by ttodd1 Add ttodd1 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ttodd1
Computer Geek

That's just it, there is no description. Just the same generic one on each.

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

lew is offline Old Post 06-07-2004 09:30 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for lew Find more posts by lew Add lew to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lew
Advanced Member

I was going to post...In the past I set Monk up for first run and repeats because the episodes wouldn't record as new. I'd just delete the re-runs. Depending on your settings the marathon may fill up your monk quota before the new episode gets recorded.

MANUALLY LOOK AT AND EDIT YOUR TO DO LIST.

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Jonathan_S is offline Old Post 06-07-2004 10:36 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Jonathan_S Find more posts by Jonathan_S Add Jonathan_S to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jonathan_S
TiVo Forum Special Member

thefutoncritic.com says that the first episode of the new season is Friday June 18 at 10pm. I'd guess that the other episodes are a mini-marathon of reruns, but since Monk has it usual total lack of usable guide data your First Run Only season pass is picking them up.

I went ahead and canceled everything before 10pm.

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Captain Video is offline Old Post 06-07-2004 11:00 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Captain Video Find more posts by Captain Video Add Captain Video to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Captain Video
Guy with a Tivo

I believe there is ep info & the year beginning with the 10 PM show on June 18. The rest are repeats it seems.

2004 World Series Champions

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Rob Helmerichs is offline Old Post 06-07-2004 11:41 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Rob Helmerichs Visit Rob Helmerichs's homepage! Find more posts by Rob Helmerichs Add Rob Helmerichs to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rob Helmerichs
Um...

USA has become very spotty with Guide Data lately...

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jaydro is offline Old Post 06-08-2004 02:12 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jaydro Find more posts by jaydro Add jaydro to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jaydro

quote:
Originally posted by Medieval Guy
USA has become very spotty with Guide Data lately...
Yeah, even on SA TiVos, where I had had less problems than with DTiVo.

POST #8 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

lambertman is offline Old Post 06-08-2004 04:58 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for lambertman Visit lambertman's homepage! Find more posts by lambertman Add lambertman to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lambertman
Hmm, that's strange

the info on the eps is over at usanetwork.com. Basically, the daytime marathon is the entire second season.

POST #9 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

BadlyDrawnBoy is offline Old Post 06-09-2004 09:48 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for BadlyDrawnBoy Find more posts by BadlyDrawnBoy Add BadlyDrawnBoy to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BadlyDrawnBoy

The new Episode showed up on My Dtivo with ep info when I looked this morning.

POST #10 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

lvirden is offline Old Post 06-11-2004 06:08 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for lvirden Visit lvirden's homepage! Find more posts by lvirden Add lvirden to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lvirden

Be certain to report to tivo customer service when you find series with minimal to no series information, so that someone at tivo can track down the problem.

1 TiVo Series 2 StandAlone, 40 hr, upgraded to 2 160 gig Maxtor drives

Even if explicitly stated to the contrary, nothing in this posting should be construed as representing my employer's opinions.

POST #11 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Rob Helmerichs is offline Old Post 06-11-2004 06:47 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Rob Helmerichs Visit Rob Helmerichs's homepage! Find more posts by Rob Helmerichs Add Rob Helmerichs to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rob Helmerichs
Um...

The problem is with USA, and has been going on for a very long time. Everybody knows about it; USA just doesn't care enough to fix it (by providing accurate schedule information to Tribune).

POST #12 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Gene Plantz is offline Old Post 06-11-2004 08:27 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Gene Plantz Visit Gene Plantz's homepage! Find more posts by Gene Plantz Add Gene Plantz to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gene Plantz
Four Tivos

Bad Data

quote:
The problem is with USA, and has been going on for a very long time. Everybody knows about it; USA just doesn't care enough to fix it (by providing accurate schedule information to Tribune).

------

If we all know it is bad data, why don't the Tivo people responsible for the guide data???

I'm not paying USA or Tribune for a service, I'm paying Tivo. How difficult could it be to know guide data from several channels have a tendancy to be bad and give it an extra special look before sending to subscribers????

POST #13 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Rob Helmerichs is offline Old Post 06-11-2004 10:45 PM
Rob Helmerichs
Um...

Re: Bad Data

quote:
Originally posted by Gene Plantz
------

If we all know it is bad data, why don't the Tivo people responsible for the guide data???

I'm not paying USA or Tribune for a service, I'm paying Tivo. How difficult could it be to know guide data from several channels have a tendancy to be bad and give it an extra special look before sending to subscribers????

Because TiVo and Tribune aren't the ones who know what's going to be on USA two weeks from now. USA is. And they aren't talking.

POST #14 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Gene Plantz is offline Old Post 06-11-2004 10:49 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Gene Plantz Visit Gene Plantz's homepage! Find more posts by Gene Plantz Add Gene Plantz to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gene Plantz
Four Tivos

Re: Re: Bad Data

quote:
Because TiVo and Tribune aren't the ones who know what's going to be on USA two weeks from now. USA is. And they aren't talking.

--
We know the bogus data when we see it (generic description, bad dates), so why can't the Tivo people see that and contact USA and ask what is real???

I don't buy the lack of service on this. They can do better withg really little more effort.

POST #15 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

stevel is offline Old Post 06-12-2004 03:34 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for stevel Visit stevel's homepage! Find more posts by stevel Add stevel to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
stevel
Dumb Blond

Looking at zap2it.com, it seems a lot of series on USA lack episode info now.

One thousand three hundred thirty-three, zero

POST #16 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

starbuck is offline Old Post 06-13-2004 07:13 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for starbuck Find more posts by starbuck Add starbuck to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
starbuck

May or may not help for everyone to provide feedback to USA NETWORK.

Email addresses are on this web page: http://www.usanetwork.com/feedback/

It only takes a couple of minutes to send an email to make the point for providing better guide data: episode name, original air date, etc.

You might indicate that you enjoy the shows but the hassle of your TiVo not recording properly because of the incomplete guide data that the network provides is resulting in a potential decison to remove the recordings all together and watch other channels.

POST #17 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

TonyD79 is offline Old Post 06-13-2004 07:19 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for TonyD79 Find more posts by TonyD79 Add TonyD79 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TonyD79
Advanced Member

The marathon they are running has no guide data but looking at my TiVo this morning shows accurate data for the season premiere.

POST #18 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dhowell is offline Old Post 06-15-2004 12:14 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for dhowell Find more posts by dhowell Add dhowell to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dhowell

USA's guide data was horrendous tonight. According to the Tivo guide data, it was:

10:00 pm Touching Evil
11:00 pm Law & Order: SVU
12:00 am Monk
1:00 am Dead Zone

In actuality, it was
10:00 pm Touching Evil (75 minutes!)
11:15 pm Touching Evil (repeat)
12:30 am Dead Zone
1:30 am Martin

So, no Monk tonight, and anyone who tried to record Touching Evil or Dead Zone tonight and didn't catch this thread didn't get want they wanted.

The correct info is on USA's web site, why can't TiVo, Tribune and USA get their act together and get the correct info to us?

Dan

Last edited by dhowell on 06-15-2004 at 12:30 PM

POST #19 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ccwf is offline Old Post 06-15-2004 12:46 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ccwf Visit ccwf's homepage! Find more posts by ccwf Add ccwf to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ccwf
Good holiday spirit!

quote:
Originally posted by dhowell
The correct info is on USA's web site, why can't TiVo, Tribune and USA get their act together and get the correct info to us?
As others have written above, probably because USA Networks (for whatever reason) is refusing to supply the listings info.

(Some might ask, why can't Tribune Media Services just get the episode info from USA's web site? USA Network's web site's terms of service prohibit it.)

TiVo Help Forumsfeatured member
TC-Con '05, June 13
中日韓 Chinese/Japanese/Korean Dramas board admin

Tristana Moore, BBC News: Arts promoter Christof Blaesius wants to rebuild the [Berlin] wall and have it decorated by artists from around the world. The idea is proving controversial.

POST #20 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged