TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > TiVo TV Talk > Season Pass Alerts
>>> G4TechTV Anime Unleashed Season pass alert <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
lvirden is offline Old Post 06-10-2004 09:57 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for lvirden Visit lvirden's homepage! Find more posts by lvirden Add lvirden to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lvirden

G4TechTV Anime Unleashed Season pass alert

I have seen a problem in my area (Central Ohio - Insight Communication cable company)
with Anime Unleashed season pass.

1. While the web site seems to imply that there are 2 episodes of 2 different series shown, followed a few hours later by a repeat of those same 2 episodes, TiVO season pass treats all 4 as unique showings.

2. Locally, the repeat showings, when recorded, turn out to be infomercials rather than Anime Unleashed.

What I can't tell is whether these problems are G4, Tivo, my local cable provider, or some other factor.

I've seen the same problem (thinking I was getting one show, and getting an infomercial instead) on other stations - like Food Network.

1 TiVo Series 2 StandAlone, 40 hr, upgraded to 2 160 gig Maxtor drives

Even if explicitly stated to the contrary, nothing in this posting should be construed as representing my employer's opinions.

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

VinceA is offline Old Post 06-10-2004 10:42 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for VinceA Find more posts by VinceA Add VinceA to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
VinceA
Advanced Member

The problem is that G4 isn't providing decent schedule info to Tribune so all episodes appear new. I've got Anime Unleashed set up as a First Run Only season pass. This worked until 5/28 when G4 took over. Since then my box has been recording every episode of the show.

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged