TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
>>> Ashlee Simpson show <<<

Pages (2): [1] 2 Next »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
adelimon is offline Old Post 06-18-2004 08:42 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for adelimon Find more posts by adelimon Add adelimon to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
adelimon

Ashlee Simpson show

Did anyone bother watching this show? I grabbed it because it was on right after Newlyweds. Finally got a chance to watch it last night.

It could be one of the worst shows I've seen. I'm not sure what happened in that family, but Ashlee is a buttaface (unlike her sister, who is fine). Not only that, but she's at least 10x annoying as Jessica. Which doesn't seem to work too well when you're ugly.

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dirtypacman is offline Old Post 06-18-2004 09:08 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for dirtypacman Visit dirtypacman's homepage! Find more posts by dirtypacman Add dirtypacman to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dirtypacman
Best in Class

Lol- i did not catch the show but I do hate her from Seventh Heaven

I will try and miss it again based upon your review.

1) TIVO Series 2 225 Hour (Upgraded) w/monthly service
2) PIONEER #810H-S (Un-modified)
3) TIVO Series 2 80 Hour (Un-modified)
(#2/3) with Lifetime + networked

HD Comcast /Digital Comcast

Network through Verizon DSL
w/Belkin Router and (2) LinkSys USB200M ethernet adapter

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

mwhip is offline Old Post 06-18-2004 11:44 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for mwhip Find more posts by mwhip Add mwhip to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mwhip
**FOOTAGE NOT FOUND*

She is really bad on 7th Heaven, she's a horrible actress. The show was pathetic also watching her gush over her BF then get dumped was a little poetic justice. The one thing I though was strange is when they were going to watch the sunset and she could not climb the hill, why didn't one of those dudes pick her up and carry her up the hill? She can't weigh more than 110.

Their parents should be proud they raised two spoiled brats who have no idea how to clean up after themselves.

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Bradc314 is offline Old Post 06-19-2004 12:08 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Bradc314 Find more posts by Bradc314 Add Bradc314 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bradc314
Hi.

Man, those Simpson folks sure make dumb kids. They should be ashamed of themselves. Of course, they're too busy counting their kids' money to be ashamed.

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jsmeeker is offline Old Post 06-19-2004 12:13 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jsmeeker Find more posts by jsmeeker Add jsmeeker to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jsmeeker
Big know-it-all

Is this a "reality" show on MTV?

Yay, Smeek! Smeek rules! -- JediCowboyD
jsmeeker, you will live in a dark place someday....where they do not allow TiVo. -- nachonaco

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Rkkeller is offline Old Post 06-19-2004 12:53 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Rkkeller Find more posts by Rkkeller Add Rkkeller to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rkkeller

I recorded it and plan to watch it soon.
I dont know if she can sing or not
but I guess I will find out soon.

Also heard Paris Hilton is releasing
a music CD soon. Nicole Ritchie is
doing one too.

Rich

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Bradc314 is offline Old Post 06-19-2004 01:04 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Bradc314 Find more posts by Bradc314 Add Bradc314 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bradc314
Hi.

Boy the music industry has really gone down the tubes, into the sewer, and halfway to the poop plant.

It's all Napster's fault!

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Rkkeller is offline Old Post 06-22-2004 12:37 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Rkkeller Find more posts by Rkkeller Add Rkkeller to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rkkeller

I finally watched the show and it was
soso. I am glad that her and that guy
broke up. I was tired of every other word
coming from her being "Im so in love with"
or "this was for him", etc... Maybe next
weeks will be better.

The good thing is we finally get to see
more of Jessicas mom and pop. Turns
out both sisters are ditzy and have no
idea how to clean.

Rich

POST #8 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Peter000 is offline Old Post 06-22-2004 09:21 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Peter000 Find more posts by Peter000 Add Peter000 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Peter000
TiVo Forum Special Member

Re: Ashlee Simpson show

quote:
Originally posted by adelimon
I'm not sure what happened in that family, but Ashlee is a buttaface (unlike her sister, who is fine). Not only that, but she's at least 10x annoying as Jessica. Which doesn't seem to work too well when you're ugly.
I don't know how you set your standards, but I think Ashlee is at least as good looking if not better than Jessica. Great smile. I'd never watch her show based on that though. I find them equally annoying.

listen
get

POST #9 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

BBQ Chicken is offline Old Post 06-22-2004 02:06 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for BBQ Chicken Visit BBQ Chicken's homepage! Find more posts by BBQ Chicken Add BBQ Chicken to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BBQ Chicken
Bling Bling

Re: Re: Ashlee Simpson show

quote:
Originally posted by Peter000
I don't know how you set your standards, but I think Ashlee is at least as good looking if not better than Jessica. Great smile. I'd never watch her show based on that though. I find them equally annoying.
She has a humongous nose, I think she is ugly too.

POST #10 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Rkkeller is offline Old Post 06-22-2004 08:22 PM
Rkkeller

I think Ashlee is nice looking and will
give the show another go this week.

Not Jessica or Paris hot but still nice.
The Simpson sisters are both blessed
with more than ample parts.

Rich

POST #11 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Bradc314 is offline Old Post 06-22-2004 09:39 PM
Bradc314
Hi.

quote:
Originally posted by Rkkeller
The Simpson sisters are both blessed
with more than ample parts.

Too bad some of those parts weren't brains.

POST #12 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Buster is offline Old Post 06-22-2004 09:39 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Buster Find more posts by Buster Add Buster to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Buster

I watched it, and I probably won't watch it again. I didn't think it was possible, but there is someone dumber than Jessica Simpson out in the world...and it's her sister. The problem with the show is that there's no Nick-type normal person to balance out the idiocy and self-absorption. The show also seemed really contrived.

POST #13 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Frylock is offline Old Post 06-22-2004 11:38 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Frylock Find more posts by Frylock Add Frylock to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Frylock
Live Long and Tivo!

quote:
Originally posted by Buster
I watched it, and I probably won't watch it again. I didn't think it was possible, but there is someone dumber than Jessica Simpson out in the world...and it's her sister. The problem with the show is that there's no Nick-type normal person to balance out the idiocy and self-absorption. The show also seemed really contrived.

Yes! Newlyweds is funny because you feel for Nick, and can relate to his wanting to kill Jessica. Ashlee comes off more of a spoiled brat or an immature teen who doesn't know anything. However, part of the blame falls on the parents, who clearly devoted their life to Jessica, and Ashlee just caught a ride.

Newlyweds seems like a real show. This show feels like a marketing campaign for Ashlee's career.

POST #14 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Rkkeller is offline Old Post 06-24-2004 10:36 PM
Rkkeller

I Tivoed the 2nd show and will watch
it tonight. Hope it gets better.

Rich

POST #15 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

LlamaLarry is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 09:31 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for LlamaLarry Find more posts by LlamaLarry Add LlamaLarry to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
LlamaLarry
Llama Rancher

This show is a little poo poo.

Part of my dislike comes from the fact that at 33 I am too much of an old bastard that I cannot relate to a 19yo that acts like a 14yo.

"Umm, like from my experience when a guy comes to get his stuff that means you're, umm, like, broken up..."

Now if I only had folders. . .

POST #16 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Rkkeller is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 10:36 PM
Rkkeller

I watched the 2nd episode and
it was OK. I added a SP for it.

I think I watch it more cause she
is Jessicas sister than anything.
Jessica was in a few minutes of
last nights show.

I didnt know she was 19, I thought
she was only 15/16 ?

Rich

POST #17 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

LlamaLarry is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 10:46 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for LlamaLarry Find more posts by LlamaLarry Add LlamaLarry to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
LlamaLarry
Llama Rancher

Yep, she was born 3 October, 1984 (~4 years after Jessica). So she will be 20 this year and definitely acts like she is MUCH younger.

She does live on her own and drives in the show, so 15/16 in actual age would be pretty tough to pull off.

Now if I only had folders. . .

POST #18 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

whitson77 is offline Old Post 06-26-2004 03:33 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for whitson77 Find more posts by whitson77 Add whitson77 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
whitson77
LOTR third Age

She was a cute kid, I am surprised how unattractive she grew up to be.

POST #19 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Swirl_Junkie is offline Old Post 06-27-2004 10:10 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Swirl_Junkie Find more posts by Swirl_Junkie Add Swirl_Junkie to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Swirl_Junkie
Advanced Member

Do all these people on these shows get free cars to drive while they're on them?
It looked like both her and the BF had spanking new Lexi ( pleural for Lexus? ) with dealer promo plates on the front.

POST #20 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged