TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > TiVo TV Talk > Season Pass Alerts
>>> Comcast of Northern Virginia has some incorrect channels. <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
wildjohn999 is offline Old Post 06-19-2004 11:56 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for wildjohn999 Visit wildjohn999's homepage! Find more posts by wildjohn999 Add wildjohn999 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wildjohn999

Thumbs down Comcast of Northern Virginia has some incorrect channels.

I am currently missing all of my G4TECHTV season passes and all the INDemand channels are incorrect in the channel guide because Tivo currently has incorrect channel lineup data.

If you go to comcast.com and look at the lineup for zipcode 22204 and then compare it to your Tivo channel guide, Tivo currently has it wrong:

Channel Incorrect# Correct#
G4TechTV 162 138
Indemand1-5 501-2 201-2, currently missing 203-5

I received a message about this from Tivo messages but Comcast, who usually sends line up changes about a month before the change, gave me no notice of this.

I currently has a bug in with Tivo about this.

Is it common for Tivo to jump the gun before the cable company actually does any change to it's lineup?

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

JolDC is offline Old Post 06-21-2004 06:24 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for JolDC Visit JolDC's homepage! Find more posts by JolDC Add JolDC to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JolDC

Re: Comcast of Northern Virginia has some incorrect channels.

quote:
Originally posted by wildjohn999
I received a message about this from Tivo messages but Comcast, who usually sends line up changes about a month before the change, gave me no notice of this.

I'm in Arlington and Comcast mailed out notice of the lineup changes last month. They aren't supposed to take place yet, so for whatever reason Tribune made them a couple of weeks early.

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

aindik is offline Old Post 06-23-2004 05:07 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for aindik Find more posts by aindik Add aindik to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aindik
Advanced Member

I'm in your exact ZIP code. The changes are supposed to take place on Thursday 6/24 - we got a card about it in the beginning of the month.

Yes, TiVo/Tribune did err by executing this change too early. Your recordings will be screwed up if they're on any of those channels, for two more days.

Last time Comcast did this, we had a lineup with lots of duplicate channels for a few days - both the old and new channel locations were available. People had to change their "channels I receive" to reflect whether they had been switched or not. After the switch was done, the old numbers were gone. I guess that required too much user intervention, so they avoided that this time.

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged