TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Suggestion Avenue
>>> Favorite Channels <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
page is offline Old Post 06-20-2004 04:55 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for page Find more posts by page Add page to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
page

Unhappy Favorite Channels

I really miss the favorite channels feature I had w/ my cable providers remote where I went into a set up screen and placed a check mark next to up to 20 of my favorite channels. When I wanted to quickly channel surf, all I had to do is hit one button on my remote called favorite channels and it would change the channel to one of my favorite channels in ascending order each time I hit the favorite channels button.

The TIVO remote is really slow compared to my cable providers remote so the favorite channel functionality would help ease the slowness pain of the TIVO remote because at least I wouldn't have to remember the channel numbers and try to flip through them in the dark. One button is alot easier to find in the dark

I did find some similar functionality in the TIVO set up menu but when I checked off all of my favorite channels, I didn't see a favorite channel button on the remote to surf through my favorite channels so I think it's some other kind of functionality??

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

csyria is offline Old Post 06-22-2004 01:39 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for csyria Visit csyria's homepage! Find more posts by csyria Add csyria to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
csyria
200 posts down...

Try this:

Stop watching live TV and only watch recordings. You'll not be missing that feature.

But, it can be had from the guide. Go to it and hit Enter. Change the guide to Favorite Channels. Guide surfing is what you'll get.

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

BrettStah is offline Old Post 06-23-2004 01:37 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for BrettStah Find more posts by BrettStah Add BrettStah to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BrettStah
TiVo Forum Special Member

If you got a Tivo to channel surf, you should go get your money back. Use it to (primarily) watch things you've told it to record for you, and for the occasional live TV viewing (like maybe some sporting events, breaking news, etc.).

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged