TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Suggestion Avenue
>>> Last seasons episodes <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
stevetro is offline Old Post 06-23-2004 12:36 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for stevetro Find more posts by stevetro Add stevetro to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
stevetro

Last seasons episodes

This would require a good deal of infrastructure work at Tivo and a little legal wrangling, but wouldn't it be cool if we could download last seasons episodes of our favorite shows? Or maybe all the previous seasons? How about the series premier?

Guess that would make Tivo more of a broadcast company then--but man that would be the cats pajamas. You know, I missed the premier of Star Trek Voyager and it never seems to appear in reruns. When it does, though, my Tivo will catch it.

Maybe one day when Tivo gets to be as big as MS and can afford to do such things. I hear their already talking about downloadable movies.

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

classicsat is offline Old Post 06-23-2004 08:21 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for classicsat Find more posts by classicsat Add classicsat to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
classicsat
Astute User

That is what the producers are selling DVDs for.

Given time, and enough bandwidth, you could have VOD of any program.
A Tivo would be just a client (right now I think it kind of is in the works).

It would really be on the shoulders of the production companies to make what you want available, and I don't think Tivo wants to be become much of a Conent distribution company.

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Dennis Wilkinson is offline Old Post 06-24-2004 12:26 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis Wilkinson Visit Dennis Wilkinson's homepage! Find more posts by Dennis Wilkinson Add Dennis Wilkinson to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dennis Wilkinson
Advanced Member

I'd love to see official support for advanced wishlists, with the addition of a logical NOT operator as well as the ability to match the year for things that aren't movies (movies get a year of release, TV shows get an original air date -- keyword wishlists will currently match the former but not the latter.)

Not the same as VOD of the season, but a step in the right direction.

All that being said, TiVo has claimed to be moving in the VOD direction. We'll have to see what kinds of content copyright holders will let them distribute.

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

stevetro is offline Old Post 06-24-2004 06:51 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for stevetro Find more posts by stevetro Add stevetro to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
stevetro

Yeah, I'd like some better wishlist control as well as finding programs to watch. You've got some good ideas with the NOT and match year. It gets harder to keep the interface simple if you include a full set of SQL like abilities--but that's a problem for development.

Then again, maybe they should keep the simple wishlists as well for those who can't seem to set the clock on their VCR.

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged