TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > DIRECTV Receiver with TiVo
>>> Can't call (or can it???) <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
wxwx is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 07:09 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for wxwx Find more posts by wxwx Add wxwx to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wxwx

Can't call (or can it???)

OK, here's the situation...

I got a message, dated today, that my sat-t60 hasn't made a call in 15 days. So, I went to the System Information and it said the last attemp & the last sucessful call were early this morning.

What's up?

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

rminsk is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 07:44 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for rminsk Find more posts by rminsk Add rminsk to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rminsk
TiVo Forum Special Member

With version 3.1.1c of the software the daily calls happen every 8 days. If your DirecTiVo misses a call then the next call will be on the 16th day. The message is sent after 15 days. We hope DirecTV/TiVo will bump up the error message to 25 days with the next release of the software.

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

JimSpence is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 09:06 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for JimSpence Visit JimSpence's homepage! Find more posts by JimSpence Add JimSpence to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JimSpence

The T60 is a series 1 DirecTV DVR and hasn't gotten the "c" update yet. At least mine hasn't. Neither has my DSR6000, also a series 1.

Waivers for all four nets are in place.
I'm suspicious of newbies, but tolerant!
And, just because I have a bunch of posts doesn't mean I'm always right.
Add 1231 for accurate post count.

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

rminsk is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 02:56 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for rminsk Find more posts by rminsk Add rminsk to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rminsk

Opps.. your right. I missed that he had a sat-t60. Don't know why it missed so many calls then...

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

JimSpence is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 06:04 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for JimSpence Visit JimSpence's homepage! Find more posts by JimSpence Add JimSpence to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JimSpence

Re: Can't call (or can it???)

quote:
Originally posted by wxwx
OK, here's the situation...

I got a message, dated today, that my sat-t60 hasn't made a call in 15 days. So, I went to the System Information and it said the last attemp & the last sucessful call were early this morning.

What's up?

Have you made any changes to your phone system, like DSL? Can the unit make a test call?

Waivers for all four nets are in place.
I'm suspicious of newbies, but tolerant!
And, just because I have a bunch of posts doesn't mean I'm always right.
Add 1231 for accurate post count.

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

wxwx is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 10:33 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for wxwx Find more posts by wxwx Add wxwx to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wxwx

troubleshooting

No, I can't make a test call. It instantly says test failed. On the system information it says called failed, busy calling Directv.

I did add DSL recently. I do have that phone jack filtered, I even changed the filter in case the first was bad.

Then I took a phone and connected it using the cord at the back of the tivo, it worked fine, there was a dial tone and I completed a call.

So, everything seems good right up to the tivo, does this mean the modem is bad? If so, what next?

Thanks!!!!

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

galewis is offline Old Post 06-26-2004 09:13 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for galewis Visit galewis's homepage! Find more posts by galewis Add galewis to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
galewis
what square pupils?

FWIW, I've just begun having trouble with my phone calls, too (HDVR2). I swapped out the phone jack extender base unit with another I had on hand. I also changed access numbers (just in case the default one I was using is glitchy) and changed the "can detect dial tone" setting to "yes.' Was able to make both a test call and a daily call. Guess we'll see if that solution holds....

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

bradb21 is offline Old Post 06-26-2004 09:20 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for bradb21 Find more posts by bradb21 Add bradb21 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bradb21

I got the message on my Phillips Series I receiver today. I've had this receiver for a couple years and have never had any dialout problems.

I tried to force the daily call and it sits at the "dialing" prompt for about 5-10 minutes then finally comes back and says "Failed. Modem not responding"

I've plugged a phone into the POTS line and I have dialtone.

Either my box has finally died or they did something screwy with a firmware release the screwed up my modem??

Toshiba-TheaterviewHD 55H70, DirecTV HD Tivo 10-250, Harmon Kardon AVR120, Philips DSR6000 Tivo, Harmon Kardon DVD25 Progressive Scan DVD, Philips PRONTO TSU 2000, Terk Eliptical Dish w/ Sat-C Kit, & Rat Shack 120" OTA Attic mounted antenna

Last edited by bradb21 on 06-26-2004 at 09:49 AM

POST #8 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

wxwx is offline Old Post 06-27-2004 07:14 AM
wxwx

I've got the same dial in number on my other sat t60 and it works fines. When I force a test call it gives a different error. It says... Failed. Busy calling Directv.

Will I eventually lose some data or function if it doesn't make a call? If so, when?

POST #9 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

rminsk is offline Old Post 06-27-2004 01:08 PM
rminsk

After 25 days you will get a daily nag screen and when there is new software it will not download it. If it can not make the DirecTV call (a different call) then you will not be able to order pay-per-view with the remote or subscribe to certain sports packages. Other than that it should work fine.

POST #10 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

suzyq is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 07:32 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for suzyq Find more posts by suzyq Add suzyq to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
suzyq
Now Upgraded!

I have been getting the same, "Please Make a Daily Call Soon" error message. Should I force a call if in the System Information screen it says it has made a successful call?

Edited to add: I can make a test call and force a call, so it's not that my receiever is incapable of making a call.

Rewrite the book and rule the pages, saving face, secured in faith
Bury, burn the waste behind you
This land is the land of ours, this river runs red over it
We are not your allies, we can not defend
This is where they walked, this is where they swam
Take a picture here, take a souvenir

POST #11 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged