TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > DIRECTV Receiver with TiVo
>>> DTivo + Multiplexor question <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
NailStorm is offline Old Post 06-28-2004 05:46 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for NailStorm Find more posts by NailStorm Add NailStorm to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
NailStorm

DTivo + Multiplexor question

I just moved and over this past weekend I ran cabling throughout the house so we could watch DTV. I ran two main cables to our primary TV for our DTIVO. On the multiplexor there is an input for ANT. If I ran cable into that in would it then transmit cable tv over the existing cables I already ran?

If so, how would we watch this on our DTivo?

Last edited by NailStorm on 06-28-2004 at 06:00 PM

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ycrazyy is offline Old Post 06-28-2004 07:36 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ycrazyy Find more posts by ycrazyy Add ycrazyy to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ycrazyy
Big Perm

Well first off, you cannot watch the cable feeds on your DirecTV TiVo unit period. It has no capability for OTA tuning (unless it's an HD unit?). As for watching the ANT channels via a regular DTV receiver you will hvae to get something called a diplexer which you install right before the SAT box. This splits the line into two cables, one that goes into your SAT feed and one that goes into the ANT feed on the box.

SA Series2 150hrs w/HMO
Hughes HDVR2(3) 80hrs w/4.0.1b and HMO
Samsung SIR-4040R 141hrs w/4.0.1b and HMO

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Vin is offline Old Post 06-28-2004 07:45 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Vin Find more posts by Vin Add Vin to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vin

Yes, you can send the cable signal to other locations by connecting it to the antenna input of the multi-switch.

Using a diplexer, you'll only need to separate the two signals (sat & cable) from ONE of the sat lines that will connect to your DTivo. Then connect the three lines (2 sat and one cable) to the DTiVo.

Putting the DTiVo in standby will allow you to view the cable signal.

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

zechman is offline Old Post 06-28-2004 08:17 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for zechman Find more posts by zechman Add zechman to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
zechman
Alpha Geek

All of this assumes that you can view the cable signal on your TV without a cable box. If you have to have a cable box, then I won't say it's impossible--but it's highly unlikely that you can make it work.

--Dwayne

DSR6000 #1: 185hrs/200G/LBA Kernel/CacheCard/",#401"
DSR6000 #2: Stock 2-drive with the bad remote
and one shiny new HR10-250!!!

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

JimSpence is offline Old Post 06-28-2004 10:25 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for JimSpence Visit JimSpence's homepage! Find more posts by JimSpence Add JimSpence to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JimSpence
TiVo Forum Special Member

With a cable box you take the cable output of the diplexer and connect it to the cable box. Then connect the box to an A/V input on the TV.

Waivers for all four nets are in place.
I'm suspicious of newbies, but tolerant!
And, just because I have a bunch of posts doesn't mean I'm always right.
Add 1231 for accurate post count.

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged