TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
>>> American Chopper <<<

Pages (4): « Prev 1 [2] 3 4 Next »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
JoeTiVo is offline Old Post 09-12-2003 04:44 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for JoeTiVo Visit JoeTiVo's homepage! Find more posts by JoeTiVo Add JoeTiVo to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JoeTiVo
HD or Tivo? Hmm...

Both Paul Jr. and Sr. were in Milwaukee over the Labor Day weekend during the Harley 100 Anniversary celebration. I was able to see all the bikes up close and in person. They're even more incredible than they look on TV. They're amazing. That's all there is to it. They unveiled a new bike that they designed and built for Snap on Tools. It was beautiful. I can't wait to see the episode on that bike. It will be interesting to see the process, from start to end, on a bike that I already know how it turns out.

Both the guys were signing autographs, but the line was at least 2 hours long when I arrived. I wasn't going to wait that long. I got close enough to see them while they worked away at the autographs. I yelled, they waved and that was that. :-)

I think the new season starts in January. I can’t wait.

My Home Theater

POST #21 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

FuzzyDolly is offline Old Post 09-16-2003 07:05 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for FuzzyDolly Find more posts by FuzzyDolly Add FuzzyDolly to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FuzzyDolly

You'd think by now that Paul Jr. would just open his own garage! Between him and Vinny they could definitly do it.

As for Monster Garage. I still watch it, although last nights episode was really bad. I must admit that so far my favorite episode was the Cop car to donut maker!

POST #22 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

TiVo Rox is offline Old Post 09-16-2003 08:37 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for TiVo Rox Visit TiVo Rox's homepage! Find more posts by TiVo Rox Add TiVo Rox to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TiVo Rox
If I Fall Back Down

quote:
Originally posted by FuzzyDolly
You'd think by now that Paul Jr. would just open his own garage! Between him and Vinny they could definitly do it.

As for Monster Garage. I still watch it, although last nights episode was really bad. I must admit that so far my favorite episode was the Cop car to donut maker!

Jr. has said quite a few times on Talk Shows that he doesn't have the stomach for the business side of the company.

Yes he can build wonderful bikes, but he doesn't have the proficiency to handle the business. There is a big difference. He needs his father or someone who can do his father's job. Since he clearly loves and values his relationship with his father and his family there is no way he'd do that. Family is extremely important to the Tuttles.

POST #23 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

FLbadgirl is offline Old Post 09-16-2003 08:42 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for FLbadgirl Find more posts by FLbadgirl Add FLbadgirl to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FLbadgirl
Or is it NCbadgirl?

quote:
Originally posted by TiVo Rox

Yes he can build wonderful bikes, but he doesn't have the proficiency to handle the business. There is a big difference. He needs his father or someone who can do his father's job. Since he clearly loves and values his relationship with his father and his family there is no way he'd do that. Family is extremely important to the Tuttles.

I totally agree. I think Paul Jr. is a master at what he does and I think his father takes care of the paper/management side of the business well.

Stick to what you know and have a passion for....

POST #24 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

TiVo Rox is offline Old Post 09-16-2003 08:50 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for TiVo Rox Visit TiVo Rox's homepage! Find more posts by TiVo Rox Add TiVo Rox to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TiVo Rox
If I Fall Back Down

quote:
Originally posted by FLbadgirl
I totally agree. I think Paul Jr. is a master at what he does and I think his father takes care of the paper/management side of the business well.

Stick to what you know and have a passion for....

Plus, it's not like he's not making any money...

Also, they show the yelling on the show because it is entertaining, but realize that they are showing every minute of shouting over a period of weeks while he builds a bike.

When I worked with my dad we would argue that much too, normal generational conflict, but I never would have left had the business been something I truly loved.

POST #25 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

FLbadgirl is offline Old Post 09-16-2003 08:55 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for FLbadgirl Find more posts by FLbadgirl Add FLbadgirl to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FLbadgirl
Or is it NCbadgirl?

Yeah, I agree. Television editing is extremely slanted and how entertaining would it really be to make the Tuttles appear like the Waltons?

I think they compliement each other well and it's a true picture of the business. There are stresses and deadlines and with all that comes some disagreements and occasionally some shouting matches.

If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun. — Katherine Hepburn

POST #26 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ScottE22 is offline Old Post 10-15-2003 04:59 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ScottE22 Visit ScottE22's homepage! Find more posts by ScottE22 Add ScottE22 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ScottE22
Digitally Obese

I love this show. My wife actually discovered it by accident during a night of insomnia and she loves it, too - especially the interaction between Jr. and Sr. The show has something for everyone!

Does anyone know whether there will be a "second season" or any new episodes? I have seen them all at least twice and they still have me rolling when Paul Sr. talks about his "size 12"...

Thanks!!

POST #27 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

DanB is offline Old Post 10-15-2003 07:50 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DanB Find more posts by DanB Add DanB to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DanB

I believe that Paul Sr & Jr said on "Late Night" that they were picked-up for another season.

POST #28 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

edrock200 is offline Old Post 10-15-2003 08:07 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for edrock200 Find more posts by edrock200 Add edrock200 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
edrock200
TiVo Forum Special Member

I heard Jan is when new episodes are to air.

POST #29 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

lander215 is offline Old Post 12-10-2003 03:39 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for lander215 Find more posts by lander215 Add lander215 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lander215
Hooked on TiVo

Thought I'd dig this back up to the top since evidently they're starting the new episodes beginning last night.

POST #30 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

edrock200 is offline Old Post 12-10-2003 05:12 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for edrock200 Find more posts by edrock200 Add edrock200 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
edrock200

WHAAAAAT??? I don't recall my Tivo catching it...oh no! Hmm...well hopefully it will reair and I can see what happened. There was one new episode between the last post and yours, kind of, it was Mikey doing a "best of" show...it was just highlights of the first season.

POST #31 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

mp2526 is offline Old Post 12-10-2003 05:40 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for mp2526 Visit mp2526's homepage! Find more posts by mp2526 Add mp2526 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mp2526

Last night's was a tool bike, according to the guide data. I haven't watched it yet, but was happy to see a new episode was waiting on my Tivo last night.

POST #32 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

lander215 is offline Old Post 12-10-2003 06:16 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for lander215 Find more posts by lander215 Add lander215 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lander215
Hooked on TiVo

I didn't consider the "Mikey" show to be new since it was just a rehash of any show that had him in it .

Last nights was Tool Bike 1, they're doing a Snap-On bike, and they've started out pretty well I think.

The whole "fair" segment was a bit cheesy, it seemed to me it was inserted so we could get a look at Paulie Jr's new eye candy (think she'll show up on an episode of Fear Factor or what?). The rest was worth watching.

I think they reair them on Sunday evenings don't they? Whenever it is, it'll be reaired this week still.

POST #33 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

TomK is offline Old Post 12-10-2003 07:48 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TomK Find more posts by TomK Add TomK to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TomK

It's one of my favorite shows.

POST #34 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

johndierks is offline Old Post 12-10-2003 08:19 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for johndierks Find more posts by johndierks Add johndierks to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
johndierks

Love the show, hate how all the naration is so scripted.

Sure I know they're not actors, but it just comes off like someone who's trying not to act, but knows he is.

I wish they could just improvise what they were going to say about the bike, and then it would be so much more natural, even if not so fluid.

POST #35 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ScottE22 is offline Old Post 12-10-2003 10:00 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ScottE22 Visit ScottE22's homepage! Find more posts by ScottE22 Add ScottE22 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ScottE22
Digitally Obese

This is the BEST show!

I was not aware that the new season was starting already... If that is what this is...

I guess their guide data must not be the best b/c I'm so used to TiVo grabbing old episodes that I almost missed the fact that "Tool Bike 1" was actually not a re-run... (I don't think it was anyway...)

I didn't think Paulie's girlfriend was all that, but maybe it's just me. I think the fair segment was just to show us that he has some kind of a life outside the shop.

Mikey is such a doofus - he cracks me up every time he is on camera. I loved when Paulie handed him that blowtorch... Classic...

The Snap-On bike is going to be bad a$$ when it's done....

POST #36 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

JoeTiVo is offline Old Post 12-10-2003 10:02 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for JoeTiVo Visit JoeTiVo's homepage! Find more posts by JoeTiVo Add JoeTiVo to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JoeTiVo
HD or Tivo? Hmm...

quote:
Originally posted by lander215
Last nights was Tool Bike 1, they're doing a Snap-On bike, and they've started out pretty well I think.

As I stated back a bit in this thread, I got to see the Snap-On bike this past summer. It's a beautiful piece of work. It's going to be pretty cooling watching the bike take shape after I've already seen the finished product.

My Home Theater

POST #37 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

edrock200 is offline Old Post 05-15-2004 02:01 AM
edrock200

Check it out, American Chopper in HD!!!!
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-v...638#post1957638

POST #38 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

DLFerguson is offline Old Post 06-14-2004 12:31 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for DLFerguson Visit DLFerguson's homepage! Find more posts by DLFerguson Add DLFerguson to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DLFerguson
Vermicious Knid

Cool

I just love the creative process that goes into building those incredible bikes and like so many other posters here, after watching AMERICAN CHOPPER for a few weeks, I found myself wanting to own a motorcycle. That's the mark of a really good show, IMO. The love that Paul Sr, Paulie, Mikey, Cody and the rest have for what they do can't help but infect you if you watch the show long enough.

I do think that Paulie is becoming something of a primadonna, tho and I don't think that Vinnie gets nearly enough credit for the work he does. A lot of times it seems as if Paulie wanders off and lets Vinnie do the work and he comes back a few hours later to help him finish things up.

And I really felt bad for Vinnie in the episode where Paul Sr was yelling at Vinnie about how messy the shop was and Paulie was ignoring the whole thing. Paul Sr. was threatneing to send Vinnie home for the day which really would have sucked since Vinnie's wife was expecting a baby and he couldn't afford to lose a day's pay. I couldn't imagine why Paulie just wouldn't find some kid to come in to clean up after school and pay him out of his own pocket.

POST #39 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

edrock200 is offline Old Post 06-14-2004 04:14 AM
edrock200

My F-I-L just got me an OCC shirt signed by Paul JR and SR from a bike show they were at. WOOHOOO!

POST #40 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged