TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > TiVo TV Talk > Season Pass Alerts
>>> G4 screwing up The Screensavers orig. air dates <<<

Pages (2): [1] 2 Next »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Crash331 is offline Old Post 06-02-2004 08:13 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crash331 Find more posts by Crash331 Add Crash331 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crash331

G4 screwing up The Screensavers orig. air dates

They WERE getting better. Now, all of last weeks TSS episodes had an orig. air date of 5/31/1998.

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dhowell is offline Old Post 06-02-2004 09:01 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for dhowell Find more posts by dhowell Add dhowell to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dhowell

That is because G4 isn't providing episode specific data for these episodes. 5/31/98 represents the date Screen Savers premiered.

Worse though, is that they are actually giving wrong episode descriptions and air dates for some episodes of "Unscrewed"... there was late-night repeat last Saturday that claimed an air date of 7/29/03, but it was actually a repeat of last Tuesday's new episode.

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dcheesi is offline Old Post 06-03-2004 02:23 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for dcheesi Find more posts by dcheesi Add dcheesi to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dcheesi
Advanced Member

Well, it could be worse (and possibly is?). I checked today and I was getting a blank screen and the words "No Signal" instead of the SS re-air I was supposed to be recording. I'll have to wait and see whether it comes back, or if my cable co. (Adelphia) is dumping the channel...?

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

rsnaider is offline Old Post 06-03-2004 07:38 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for rsnaider Find more posts by rsnaider Add rsnaider to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rsnaider
TiVo Forum Special Member

quote:
Originally posted by dcheesi
Well, it could be worse (and possibly is?). I checked today and I was getting a blank screen and the words "No Signal" instead of the SS re-air I was supposed to be recording. I'll have to wait and see whether it comes back, or if my cable co. (Adelphia) is dumping the channel...?

I had the same thing on Cablevision in NY, but after about 8 minutes the show actually started to play, and of course it was from last week and not new.

Like others however, most of my TechTV shows are no longer recording due to the wonderful guide data.

TiVo | SERlES2 - 302 Hrs
TiVo | SONY SVR3000 - 273 Hrs

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

tbh999 is offline Old Post 06-04-2004 09:01 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tbh999 Visit tbh999's homepage! Find more posts by tbh999 Add tbh999 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tbh999

Angry G4 Lack of Guide Data

Everything I have Season Passes for on TechTV...I mean G4 is screwed up due to G4's lack of guide data!!!

Philips: DSR6000R01-3.1.0b-02-1-001 (109hr)
Hughes: HDVR2-3.1.1c-02-2-151 (35hr)
Mitsubishi: WS-65869 (65" HDTV)
McIntosh: MX-132 (V1.12)
McIntosh: MC-7106 (100w x 6)
McIntosh: MC-7100 (100w x 2)
Turttle Beach: AudioTron-100
Pioneer: CLD-D704 (Anyone Remember LaserDiscs)
Sony: DVP-S7700 (DVD)
Home Theater Master: MX-500

DirecTV Since 1997
Tivo Since 10/2000
Recruits to the Tevolution: 3

Cable companies are evil and must be dealt with

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jpwoof is offline Old Post 06-05-2004 02:00 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jpwoof Find more posts by jpwoof Add jpwoof to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jpwoof

not to mention their website is all pretty messed up. full of ads and not much content.

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dcheesi is offline Old Post 06-05-2004 03:23 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for dcheesi Find more posts by dcheesi Add dcheesi to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dcheesi
Advanced Member

Yeah, yesterday the ScreenSavers crew actually apologized for the crappy website. It's clearly out of their hands, though...

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

SpaceAce69 is offline Old Post 06-05-2004 07:22 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for SpaceAce69 Find more posts by SpaceAce69 Add SpaceAce69 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SpaceAce69

I also tried to set up a season pass for TSS but when I checked the to-do list, it was recording every episode that will air! I had changed the option to record only first run shows...

I think we will all be very "displeased" with the G4-Tech TV merger...

Leo (wherever you are), you will be sorely missed

SpaceAce69

POST #8 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

MKREdit is offline Old Post 06-08-2004 09:39 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for MKREdit Find more posts by MKREdit Add MKREdit to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MKREdit

Well Time warner in NYC just dropped the channel today couldnt even dial the channel in manually. Why I dont know

POST #9 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

trausch is offline Old Post 06-08-2004 09:53 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for trausch Find more posts by trausch Add trausch to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
trausch

I agree the TSS website is as uselass as a [insert bad metaphor]. I saw on Kevin's web page that he is moving to LA. Yoshi is also moving. So far here is the list of people staying with the show and moving to LA...

Kevin - Yes
Sarah - Yes
Yoshi - Yes
Foo - ?
Brentano - Gone for weeks
Patrick - no
Leo - no

POST #10 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

geneb11 is offline Old Post 06-09-2004 12:23 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for geneb11 Find more posts by geneb11 Add geneb11 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
geneb11

My Tivo has been recording all the reruns too.It is very annoying.I see they Kicked Tech live to the curb and put Chris Leary on Fresh Gear.What happened to Jesica Corbin?

POST #11 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

FatherTed is offline Old Post 06-09-2004 12:45 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for FatherTed Find more posts by FatherTed Add FatherTed to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FatherTed
Summer's eve pickle

quote:
Originally posted by trausch
I agree the TSS website is as uselass as a [insert bad metaphor]. I saw on Kevin's web page that he is moving to LA.

I had a first surprised impression with this post. I read it as *he* was moving but she wasn't and then I saw the list.

POST #12 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

usrbingeek is offline Old Post 06-09-2004 01:20 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for usrbingeek Visit usrbingeek's homepage! Find more posts by usrbingeek Add usrbingeek to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
usrbingeek
Digital:Snot

quote:
Originally posted by geneb11
I see they Kicked Tech live to the curb and put Chris Leary on Fresh Gear.

He has always been on Fresh Gear.

Google is your friend. Learn to use it wisely.

POST #13 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

geneb11 is offline Old Post 06-09-2004 10:02 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for geneb11 Find more posts by geneb11 Add geneb11 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
geneb11

I didn't know Chris was on Fresh Gear. Actually I didn't watch Fresh Gear until Tech Live was gone. My season passes were maxed out until now.

POST #14 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dcheesi is offline Old Post 06-10-2004 12:03 AM
dcheesi
Advanced Member

quote:
Originally posted by trausch
Kevin - Yes
Sarah - Yes
Yoshi - Yes
Foo - ?
Brentano - Gone for weeks
Patrick - no
Leo - no

If this list is accurate, it means that only the kids (aka young-whipper-snappers ) will be left. I hope they bring in another mature cohost to keep the show balanced.

After all, Kevin & Foo already have their own 1337 h@X0r d00dz show up on the web, we don't need another one...

POST #15 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

lvirden is offline Old Post 06-10-2004 09:46 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for lvirden Visit lvirden's homepage! Find more posts by lvirden Add lvirden to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lvirden

Things got worse on G4 after this past weekend. TiVO changed the name of the channel from G4TV to G4TechTv. This invalidated all the Season Passes on my TiVO series 2. I had to go through and reestablish them all .

There was an almost funny bug as well. After the change, visiting a season pass entry for the old channel name indicated that no shows were scheduled to be recorded. Then, doing a record by title, and selecting season pass, indicated a conflict with the other season pass! I had to write down the old list of season passes, recording options, priority, etc. , then delete the old ones and reestablish the new ones.
Yuck!

1 TiVo Series 2 StandAlone, 40 hr, upgraded to 2 160 gig Maxtor drives

Even if explicitly stated to the contrary, nothing in this posting should be construed as representing my employer's opinions.

POST #16 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

lvirden is offline Old Post 06-10-2004 09:53 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for lvirden Visit lvirden's homepage! Find more posts by lvirden Add lvirden to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lvirden

Re: g4 and tivo data

quote:
Originally posted by dhowell
That is because G4 isn't providing episode specific data for these episodes. 5/31/98 represents the date Screen Savers premiered.

Worse though, is that they are actually giving wrong episode descriptions and air dates for some episodes of "Unscrewed"... there was late-night repeat last Saturday that claimed an air date of 7/29/03, but it was actually a repeat of last Tuesday's new episode.

Actually, from what I can tell, G4 is providing fine information for the shows. For example,
here's a recent entry they provided:
<episode datetime="06-10-2004 12:00"
timeindex="2004-06-10T12:00:00"
episode_key="1621"
title="Crash Test Dummies"
number="2024"
showname="The Screen Savers"
show_key="52"
lengthminutes="30" bshowstart="1"
description="On today's show, we'll look at crash test dummies (not the band
from the 90's, but the real thing) and mods that you can do in a minute."
bnewimage="0"
fileextension="" bthumbnail="1"/>

I'm uncertain where the rest of the info , like original broadcast date, is coming from.
However, as you can see, g4 is providing a lot of info that isn't making it into the tivo schedule
database.

Perhaps the problem is at the tribune fed?

Even if explicitly stated to the contrary, nothing in this posting should be construed as representing my employer's opinions.

POST #17 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

swinca is offline Old Post 06-10-2004 10:54 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for swinca Find more posts by swinca Add swinca to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
swinca

Schedule info from The Screensavers Today newsletter:

BANK IT
Yesterday I explained our Tuesday/Friday repeat schedule through July 16.
If you missed it, better go fish that newsletter out of your trash and read
it.

So why are we taping all of these shows? We're essentially creating a bank of new shows for broadcast after July 16.

In case you've been on a trip around the world or in a self-prescribed solitary confinement, "The Screen Savers" is moving from San Francisco to Los Angeles. The show crew needs time to move to Southern California and get situated. That includes building the set and everyone getting familiar with it.

So instead of rolling out repeat after repeat after July 16, we'll air the banked shows, so you'll have sometime "new" to watch. We're also putting together a series of "best of" compilation shows.

After July 16, how long will it be until we are back live on the air again? That's still in discussion. We'll let you know as soon as we figure it out.

Last edited by swinca on 06-10-2004 at 10:59 PM

POST #18 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

lvirden is offline Old Post 06-10-2004 11:47 PM
lvirden

So, I believe I have my season pass for this show set up to record 'first time events' - but I'm getting all sorts of shows from May - I don't know that I've seen a June recorded episode of this series yet.

Are the newly recorded episodes being shown, or is my tivo doing the best it can?

POST #19 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

HTH is offline Old Post 06-11-2004 03:14 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for HTH Visit HTH's homepage! Find more posts by HTH Add HTH to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HTH
No Avatar Selected

I've added a one minute tail pad to both Unscrewed and Anime Unleashed so I don't get four old episodes of AU a day. U conflicts with first AU, records second AU, then records first AU on its second airing and not the second AU second airing conflicting with first second airing. Except when U is not on or not new, and the second U has to be cancelled manually.

I might switch back to manual recordings for G4TTV.

Also need to send email to lineup for lineup corrections. We only get G4TTV on one channel here now. The old G4TV channel now has a static card directing you to the lower number formerly occupied by TECHTV.

If you are dissatisfied with your life, return unused portion for partial refund.

POST #20 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged