TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > TiVo TV Talk > Season Pass Alerts
>>> The Shield - season pass snafu <<<

Pages (2): [1] 2 Next »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
RogerD_AZ is offline Old Post 06-06-2004 03:12 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for RogerD_AZ Find more posts by RogerD_AZ Add RogerD_AZ to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RogerD_AZ

The Shield - season pass snafu

My dTiVo first run/season pass for "The Shield" which had worked through episode "Fire In The Hole" is not catching the next two espisodes, "All In" and "On Tilt". I had to create a new season pass, I also left the old SP. The difference between the two shows as this:

old pass...
The Shield (FX)
new pass...
The Shield (248 FX)

... seems the channel tag changed a bit with the addition of "248", check your SP's.. might not hurt to double check the rest of your SP's just in case they changed also.

btw.. seems SP's for the USA network are starting/sorta working.. for The Dead Zone, Touching Evil, and Monk my first run passes are now catching the new episodes. Only problem I'm seeing now are some the encore runnings also get tag for recording. Seems to be due to the encore descriptions show up as (2004) .. generic show description instead of specific episode description..

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ellinj is offline Old Post 06-06-2004 03:54 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ellinj Find more posts by ellinj Add ellinj to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ellinj
TiVo Forum Special Member

Directtv recently removed FX and added DTVFX, This caused all the Season Pases I had on that channel to stop working.

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

krompot is offline Old Post 06-06-2004 06:52 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for krompot Find more posts by krompot Add krompot to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
krompot

I had the same problem. The error message displayed in recording history states, "The program will not be recorded because it is no longer in the program guide".

It is very irritating when they change the channel names like this.

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Nightfall is offline Old Post 06-07-2004 05:39 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Nightfall Visit Nightfall's homepage! Find more posts by Nightfall Add Nightfall to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nightfall

Yup, I lost both Nip/Tuck and The Shield. I had to readd both my season passes. Did so and now both shows will record.

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Joshv is offline Old Post 06-07-2004 07:31 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Joshv Visit Joshv's homepage! Find more posts by Joshv Add Joshv to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Joshv

Same thing, I missed the NASCAR race on FX this weekend because of the name change.

I seem to recall a feature called "Mail" which the service providers can us to warn us of such changes.

Thanks DirecTV, yet another nail in your coffin for me.

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Captain Bob is offline Old Post 06-08-2004 12:53 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Captain Bob Find more posts by Captain Bob Add Captain Bob to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Captain Bob
Arrrr, Matey

Can someone please tell me why DirecTV felt the need to swap FX for DTVFX (whatever that is) and why there was no notice about this anywhere? I would have missed these last two episodes if not for the heads-up in this forum. I realize that the above may be an unanswerable question.

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

turls is offline Old Post 06-08-2004 07:48 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for turls Find more posts by turls Add turls to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
turls
Advanced Member

When are they going to figure this out? Just because they change the name does not mean the show IDs have to change. Unbelievable. I believe this is the 2nd time this has happened with FX too.

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

toddvj is offline Old Post 06-08-2004 11:41 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for toddvj Find more posts by toddvj Add toddvj to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
toddvj

Yeah, I almost missed the entire 2nd season of The Shield because of this. Thanks for the heads up.

POST #8 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Rob Helmerichs is offline Old Post 06-08-2004 11:46 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Rob Helmerichs Visit Rob Helmerichs's homepage! Find more posts by Rob Helmerichs Add Rob Helmerichs to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rob Helmerichs
Um...

quote:
Originally posted by toddvj
Yeah, I almost missed the entire 2nd season of The Shield because of this. Thanks for the heads up.
That's odd, because tonight's episode is the first to be affected...

POST #9 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

turls is offline Old Post 06-09-2004 04:16 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for turls Find more posts by turls Add turls to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
turls
Advanced Member

Well I guess I was thinking of Spike. I wish somebody could explain why this issue affects FX but doesn't mess up something major like the G4TV deal. They seriously have to blow up season passes? Its really fun when it happens to a station with seasonal programming and you can't even make a new SP when it breaks.

POST #10 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

PaulieWalnuts is offline Old Post 06-09-2004 10:58 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for PaulieWalnuts Find more posts by PaulieWalnuts Add PaulieWalnuts to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PaulieWalnuts

This is just bizzare. Everything works fine until this episode? Directv needs to consider Directv/Tivo users when they do something like changing a channel name.

If they are truly intent on making DVR capacity an outstanding feature of their service they can't just think it's no big deal.

Furthermore, a lot of what makes Tivo great is the confidence that it will record what you tell it to. If DTV goes screwing that up, people will not be comfortable in using it.

POST #11 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

GadgetFreak is offline Old Post 06-09-2004 11:01 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for GadgetFreak Find more posts by GadgetFreak Add GadgetFreak to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GadgetFreak

quote:
Originally posted by krompot
I had the same problem. The error message displayed in recording history states, "The program will not be recorded because it is no longer in the program guide".

It is very irritating when they change the channel names like this.

Mine is stranger still. I noticed it didn't record tonight and went in to see why and recording history says it has recorded the same epiose in the last 28 days which is definitely NOT the case.

POST #12 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Jonathan_S is offline Old Post 06-09-2004 11:42 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Jonathan_S Find more posts by Jonathan_S Add Jonathan_S to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jonathan_S

It's fairly well known that the reason listed in the recording history (for why something wasn't recorded) often has only a passing resemblance to reality.

POST #13 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

|Thrax| is offline Old Post 06-09-2004 11:46 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for |Thrax| Visit |Thrax|'s homepage! Find more posts by |Thrax| Add |Thrax| to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
|Thrax|

Thanks for the heads up, almost missed the Sheild tonight.

POST #14 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

mgarland is offline Old Post 06-09-2004 07:29 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for mgarland Find more posts by mgarland Add mgarland to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mgarland

Another reason to thank the TivoCommunity forum! My wife (and I) would be royally p-o'd if we'd had missed The Shield!

Thanks all.

POST #15 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dslunceford is offline Old Post 06-10-2004 01:39 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for dslunceford Visit dslunceford's homepage! Find more posts by dslunceford Add dslunceford to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dslunceford

Passed along to TiVoOppsManager, though he's busy in Vegas, perhaps they can help fix before non-board reading DTiVo owners get screwed on missing the last two Shields and the new season of Nip/Tuck

POST #16 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

minorthr is offline Old Post 06-10-2004 06:05 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for minorthr Find more posts by minorthr Add minorthr to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
minorthr
Want HMO for DirecTv

I had the same issue. I sat down to watch the shield last night and it wasn't there. I went into the to do list and noticed none were scheduled and looked at recording history and got the no longer available message. So I set a new season pass and it picked them back up. Very very frustrating.

POST #17 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Paul E is offline Old Post 06-11-2004 06:57 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Paul E Visit Paul E's homepage! Find more posts by Paul E Add Paul E to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Paul E

At least FX re-airs The Shield episodes several times a week, so it's not tough to pick up a missed episode as long as you aren't more than 3-4 days behind the first air date.

Mitsubishi 55" HDTV
HR10-250 HD-DirecTivo
Sony SAT-T60 @ 105 hours
Mitsubishi H2000 D-VHS (HD-VHS)
Denon audio system with 5.1 Klipsch speakers
HTM MX-500 remote to operate all HT components

POST #18 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Mr. Soze is offline Old Post 06-12-2004 05:12 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Mr. Soze Find more posts by Mr. Soze Add Mr. Soze to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mr. Soze
Feed 'em to the pigs

quote:
Originally posted by Paul E
At least FX re-airs The Shield episodes several times a week, so it's not tough to pick up a missed episode as long as you aren't more than 3-4 days behind the first air date.
We let The Shield accumulate for mini-marathons. Last night (Friday) we decided to do the 3 leading up to the finale. But the last one is 6/1! No 6/8, so I check the recording history and TDL, and no Shield. A view upcoming says there are 10 (!) so I did a manual for the last 2. As it happens, "All In" was on at 11 last night and grabbed, so all's well, but I would have been livid if I missed the last 2 eps over a dopey thing like this.

I came here this morning to see WTF happened. Now I know. Thanks!

And where is Mr Soze - look what happens when he starts a thread - Regor

POST #19 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

beldar is offline Old Post 06-13-2004 08:54 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for beldar Find more posts by beldar Add beldar to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
beldar
Advanced Member

After I discovered I'd missed Tuesday's episode I found the Friday one and selected it (on two directivos, to be sure).

One of them ended up recording the episode on both tuners at the same time, which was odd.

POST #20 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged