TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
>>> Stargate <<<

Pages (2): [1] 2 Next »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Cboath is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 02:46 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Cboath Find more posts by Cboath Add Cboath to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cboath

Stargate

I was surprised not to see a Stargate thread here, so I will start one...

The show rocks and I can't wait for the new season. They left the last episode hanging!!!

Can't wait for Atlantis either.

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

AaronD is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 03:21 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for AaronD Find more posts by AaronD Add AaronD to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AaronD

Ditto! Love the show! Not too much longer now....

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Ladd Morse is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 03:42 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ladd Morse Find more posts by Ladd Morse Add Ladd Morse to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ladd Morse

Re: Stargate

quote:
Originally posted by Cboath
I was surprised not to see a Stargate thread here, so I will start one...
There are plenty of Stargate discussions here -- you must not have looked very hard.

You are correct though -- nothing current. Most have scrolled off because the final episode of last season was so long ago. And the first episode of the new season and the first episode of Atlantis are still almost a month off...

313 hours Basic quality

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

stark is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 03:48 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for stark Find more posts by stark Add stark to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
stark

The first episode of the new season premieres on July 9th, just over two weeks away.

Stargate: Atlantis is a week after that on the 16th.

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

bentleyml is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 04:08 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for bentleyml Find more posts by bentleyml Add bentleyml to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bentleyml
iPod! iPod! iPod!

Stargate is my favorite show on TV. I've been going nuts waiting for the new season. Atlantis is looking like it'll be interesting. Even if it's have as good as SG-1 it'll be damn good.

"What smells like blue?"
--Phillip J. Fry, Roswell That Ends Well

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Skippy18 is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 04:37 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Skippy18 Find more posts by Skippy18 Add Skippy18 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Skippy18

Don't forget to watch "From Stargate to Atlantis: The Lowdown" which just showed up in the guidedata and airs July 5th.

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

scott408 is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 06:05 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for scott408 Find more posts by scott408 Add scott408 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
scott408

Thanks skippy18.... would have missed that one. I don't do sp because it will record all Stargate.

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

mrcoaster is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 09:44 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for mrcoaster Find more posts by mrcoaster Add mrcoaster to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mrcoaster
Tivomaniac

I finally got into the show after a couple of aborted attempts. I tried to get into it, but couldn't. Finally gave it another shot from the beginning and have been enjoying it a lot this time. I've bought the DVDs through season 5 and am going through season 6 now. I've got a couple of the 2-parters from season 7 that are airing that I'll watch and I'll jump into s8 on the 9th. I'll be missing a little bit probably, but I already know most of the bigger spoiler stuff anyway.

Looking forward to the return of SG-1 and the start of Atlantis.

POST #8 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

JimSpence is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 06:50 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for JimSpence Visit JimSpence's homepage! Find more posts by JimSpence Add JimSpence to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JimSpence
TiVo Forum Special Member

There are these Stargate related threads in the Season Pass Alerts forum.
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-v...threadid=180608
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-v...threadid=180218

Waivers for all four nets are in place.
I'm suspicious of newbies, but tolerant!
And, just because I have a bunch of posts doesn't mean I'm always right.
Add 1231 for accurate post count.

POST #9 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Rob Helmerichs is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 07:07 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Rob Helmerichs Visit Rob Helmerichs's homepage! Find more posts by Rob Helmerichs Add Rob Helmerichs to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rob Helmerichs
Um...

quote:
Originally posted by scott408
Thanks skippy18.... would have missed that one. I don't do sp because it will record all Stargate.
Do a FRO (First-Run-Only) Wish List for Stargate, and it should pick up both of the series plus specials like this one, without getting the endless reruns.

There used to be a problem with the OAD (Original Air Date) that made FRO not work, but that seems to have been resolved. If not, the Season Pass Alert forum is your friend!

POST #10 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

bobbi is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 09:10 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for bobbi Find more posts by bobbi Add bobbi to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bobbi

For some reason, my Stargate wishlist didn't pick up the special - I had to go set it as a manual.

POST #11 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

murgatroyd is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 10:29 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for murgatroyd Find more posts by murgatroyd Add murgatroyd to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
murgatroyd

quote:
Originally posted by bobbi
For some reason, my Stargate wishlist didn't pick up the special - I had to go set it as a manual.

Thanks for mentioning this. I had a conflict, so my WL didn't pick it up either. I've removed the other recording, so now I'll see if my WL picks it up.

Note that my WL for the show itself is a title keyword for "Stargate SG-1" but for the specials I've created a new one which is for "Stargate" alone to pick up stuff both for SG-1 and Atlantis.

Jan

POST #12 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Rob Helmerichs is offline Old Post 06-26-2004 03:19 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Rob Helmerichs Visit Rob Helmerichs's homepage! Find more posts by Rob Helmerichs Add Rob Helmerichs to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rob Helmerichs
Um...

quote:
Originally posted by murgatroyd
Thanks for mentioning this. I had a conflict, so my WL didn't pick it up either. I've removed the other recording, so now I'll see if my WL picks it up.
FWIW, there's a way to "trick" TiVo into refreshing the To Do list. Just have a special wishlist about whose order you don't really care (I use "GET YOUR GEEK ON", a cool-sounding show that was announced bu never scheduled). Then, when you want to redraw the To Do List, just move it from last place to first. Next time, move it back to last. It will recreate the entire list from scratch. (If you only move it part-way, sometimes it will only recreate part of the list.)

POST #13 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Langree is offline Old Post 06-28-2004 01:14 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Langree Find more posts by Langree Add Langree to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Langree

Finally, new Stargate Episodes:

July 5th. Lowdown: From Stargate to Atlantis

July 9th, 2 Hour Stargate season premiere.

July 16th, Stargate Atlantis series premiere.

From looking at the spots for both series, the "cliffhanger" with Jack doing his best Han Solo in carbonite routine is resolved since Jack is clearly seen in the current spots alive and kicking. One of the other changes I noticed was Teal'c has hair this year.

POST #14 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

mrcoaster is offline Old Post 06-28-2004 03:14 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for mrcoaster Find more posts by mrcoaster Add mrcoaster to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mrcoaster
Tivomaniac

Thanks for the heads up on the special. I'm definitely going to want to record that in addition to the series premieres.

POST #15 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Ladd Morse is offline Old Post 06-28-2004 03:57 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ladd Morse Find more posts by Ladd Morse Add Ladd Morse to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ladd Morse

quote:
Originally posted by Langree
FFrom looking at the spots for both series, the "cliffhanger" with Jack doing his best Han Solo in carbonite routine is resolved since Jack is clearly seen in the current spots alive and kicking. One of the other changes I noticed was Teal'c has hair this year.
What??!!! He gets out right away. Spoiler!! Spoiler!!

Only half kidding!

313 hours Basic quality

POST #16 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Rob Helmerichs is offline Old Post 06-28-2004 04:29 AM
Rob Helmerichs
Um...

quote:
Originally posted by Ladd Morse
What??!!! He gets out right away. Spoiler!! Spoiler!!

Only half kidding!

But the spoiler about Teal'c is unforgivable.

POST #17 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

newsposter is offline Old Post 06-28-2004 06:12 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for newsposter Find more posts by newsposter Add newsposter to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
newsposter

quote:
Originally posted by bentleyml
Stargate is my favorite show on TV. I've been going nuts waiting for the new season. Atlantis is looking like it'll be interesting. Even if it's have as good as SG-1 it'll be damn good.

If you go nuts try saving the season until right before the next season starts. I just finished up season 7 and now only have a short wait until the next season

Plus it's cool watching the whole thing in a week instead of the course of a few months. Things are much fresher in your mind.

POST #18 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

bentleyml is offline Old Post 06-28-2004 10:19 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for bentleyml Find more posts by bentleyml Add bentleyml to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bentleyml
iPod! iPod! iPod!

I could never wait that long to watch Stargate. Plus my TiVo just isn't big enough to keep that many episodes and upgrading isn't in my current financial plans. So I'll settle for watching episodes each week and then watching the repeats until the next season.

"What smells like blue?"
--Phillip J. Fry, Roswell That Ends Well

POST #19 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

gregmdusa is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 02:41 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for gregmdusa Find more posts by gregmdusa Add gregmdusa to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gregmdusa

Question ?

I thought the Stargate SG-1 was giving way to Stargate Atlantis?

Forgive me for not being up on current SG news. Can someone confirm this?

POST #20 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged