TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
>>> why can't I remote schedule? <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Keith_R90210 is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 05:18 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Keith_R90210 Find more posts by Keith_R90210 Add Keith_R90210 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Keith_R90210

why can't I remote schedule?

hey all, I seem to be having a problem with Remote scheduling. When I go to the remote scheduling website I get this error message:

Oops! We are unable to determine your channel lineup for this DVR. Make sure you have completed Guided Setup. Please choose another DVR or call Customer Support at 1-877-367-8486.

What does this mean? my DVR is set up fine and displays my channel line-up fine. I tested my connection and tiVo is connecting fine through my network. I had the same thing happen the other night but it corrected itself. I'm stumped, what is going on here and how do I fix it? thanks.

-Keith-

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

steveg5009 is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 05:44 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for steveg5009 Find more posts by steveg5009 Add steveg5009 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steveg5009

Seems to be common today as I had the same thing. Now I get this:

Our apologies. This page is currently unavailable due to maintenance. For activation or account issues, please call TiVo Customer Support toll-free at 1-877-367-8486, between 8am and 8pm Pacific.

We apologize for the inconvenience. We expect to restore this page at 6:00PM Pacific.

So, I will wait until later and see if things have corrected themselves.

Steve

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Earnest_T_Bass is offline Old Post 06-26-2004 01:36 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Earnest_T_Bass Find more posts by Earnest_T_Bass Add Earnest_T_Bass to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Earnest_T_Bass

I had the same thing. I re-did guided setup last night and now today things work fine. Don't know if it was really the guided setup for sure, could have just been an intermittent "bug" yesterday I guess.

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dirtypacman is offline Old Post 06-26-2004 01:39 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for dirtypacman Visit dirtypacman's homepage! Find more posts by dirtypacman Add dirtypacman to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dirtypacman
Best in Class

You need to turn off your tivo and turn it back on

or

force a call to Tivo.

Both of these things should resolve the problem for you.

1) TIVO Series 2 225 Hour (Upgraded) w/monthly service
2) PIONEER #810H-S (Un-modified)
3) TIVO Series 2 80 Hour (Un-modified)
(#2/3) with Lifetime + networked

HD Comcast /Digital Comcast

Network through Verizon DSL
w/Belkin Router and (2) LinkSys USB200M ethernet adapter

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Keith_R90210 is offline Old Post 06-26-2004 05:38 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Keith_R90210 Find more posts by Keith_R90210 Add Keith_R90210 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Keith_R90210

I've found that forcing a call helps to solve the problem. I'd like to know what causes this.

-Keith-

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged