TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
>>> What does Adobe Photoshop Album do? <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Kracko is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 06:19 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Kracko Find more posts by Kracko Add Kracko to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kracko

Question What does Adobe Photoshop Album do?

Does anyone know of a link that explains what this program brings to the TiVo experience? I can not find anything that tells me specifically what it does that the TiVo software or JavaHMO doesn't do.

Running JavaHMO 1.2

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

skillsrhodes is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 06:29 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for skillsrhodes Find more posts by skillsrhodes Add skillsrhodes to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
skillsrhodes

No idea what it brings to the TiVo experience, but it's a nifty program by itself. It just helps you to categorize photos, add pseudo id3 tags and rename images. My wife loves it for the added stuff like making printable photo albums and calendars. Personally, I don't think it's worth the $40 they wanted for it (I believe a version of it is free now). And I can't see what it do for HMO besides allowing you to sort your photos into folders.

skills

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Kracko is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 08:46 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Kracko Find more posts by Kracko Add Kracko to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kracko

Thanks. Yeah I have the free version but the free version has not TiVo plug in. It is a nifty program for what it does. I was just wondering how it works compared to what TiVo already provides.

Running JavaHMO 1.2

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

TBoyd is offline Old Post 06-27-2004 05:15 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TBoyd Find more posts by TBoyd Add TBoyd to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TBoyd
No Live TV

Talking Photoshop Album 2.x does...

1. Establishes a folder called 'Adobe Photoshop Album' in the Tivo server directory and CAN make folders under that one too, or it can publish individual files to the main folder.

2. Will automatically convert other file formats to *.jpg for HMO and put the copies in the 'saved files' spot in APA.

3. It APPEARS to also nicely resize images to Max display size, but maybe I was just lucky.

Nice to have to skip a couple of steps, but not necessary.

Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged