TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
>>> WishList search Question <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
ThePope is offline Old Post 06-26-2004 03:07 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ThePope Find more posts by ThePope Add ThePope to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ThePope

WishList search Question

Can i use more then one search word at a time? Example: Poker, Star trek, jenna jameson.

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

JimSpence is offline Old Post 06-26-2004 04:10 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for JimSpence Visit JimSpence's homepage! Find more posts by JimSpence Add JimSpence to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JimSpence
TiVo Forum Special Member

Now there's a show I'd like to see.

Not sure about your question. Try a combination that you know will work and see what happens.

Waivers for all four nets are in place.
I'm suspicious of newbies, but tolerant!
And, just because I have a bunch of posts doesn't mean I'm always right.
Add 1231 for accurate post count.

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Roswell is offline Old Post 06-28-2004 12:05 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Roswell Find more posts by Roswell Add Roswell to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Roswell

I'm a little uncertain as to how the whole Wishlist process works. I put in a Wishlist for a movie, say "The Sound of Music". Does TiVo keep looking for it every time it updates, and record it the first chance it gets? Or do I have to keep searching for it? How do I get notified that it has been recorded?

Thanks for the help

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ccwf is offline Old Post 06-28-2004 12:57 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ccwf Visit ccwf's homepage! Find more posts by ccwf Add ccwf to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ccwf
Good holiday spirit!

quote:
Originally posted by Roswell
I put in a Wishlist for a movie, say "The Sound of Music". Does TiVo keep looking for it every time it updates, and record it the first chance it gets? Or do I have to keep searching for it? How do I get notified that it has been recorded?
If you select the “Auto-record WishList programs” option, then TiVo will automatically, periodically look to see if it can record matching programs. If a matching program can be recorded, it will show up in your To Do List screen. If a matching program cannot be recorded (e.g., because of a higher priority conflicting recording), it will show up in your Recording History screen. Once the program has been recorded, it will show up in the Now Playing screen.

TiVo Help Forumsfeatured member
TC-Con '05, June 13
中日韓 Chinese/Japanese/Korean Dramas board admin

Tristana Moore, BBC News: Arts promoter Christof Blaesius wants to rebuild the [Berlin] wall and have it decorated by artists from around the world. The idea is proving controversial.

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Roswell is offline Old Post 06-28-2004 02:39 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Roswell Find more posts by Roswell Add Roswell to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Roswell

Thanks, that makes sense

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

LifeIsABeach is offline Old Post 06-28-2004 09:53 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for LifeIsABeach Find more posts by LifeIsABeach Add LifeIsABeach to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
LifeIsABeach

To answer the original question, yes, you can put in more than one word at once. All words must then appear for the wishlist to match. There is no way to do an OR.

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

beejay is offline Old Post 06-28-2004 10:59 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for beejay Find more posts by beejay Add beejay to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
beejay

quote:
Originally posted by LifeIsABeach
There is no way to do an OR.

....unless you have access to Advanced Wishlists (still available on Series 1's with backdoors enabled.)

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

robertj49 is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 06:15 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for robertj49 Find more posts by robertj49 Add robertj49 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
robertj49

Bear in mind one more thing about wishlists: If you search for Sound of Music, it will search for those three words. If there is a show, Music and the Sound of Running Water, it will ALSO match because Sound, of, and Music are found. You can avoid this by putting Sound of Music in quotes.
You can also search keywords, which is title AND other stuff. Search for "Sound of Music" and Andrews. Then you will get the SOM movie with Julie Andrews, but not perhaps some other version...
Also remember you can use the * wildcard, so Mu* will match Music and Museum, etc. You can select autorecord, and then one day the show willl appear on your Now Playing list. If there is a conflict, the wishlist will record your movie on its second showing, assuming there is more than one showing, which there usually is of movies. Also remember you can order your wishlists/season passes. So place wishlists of movies lower down, since they usually are shown mutliple times, so as not to miss some other wishlist of something that will be shown only once....

POST #8 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged