TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
>>> Two Toshiba Remote Control Issue <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Lethargic is offline Old Post 06-27-2004 01:44 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Lethargic Find more posts by Lethargic Add Lethargic to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lethargic

Question Two Toshiba Remote Control Issue

Hey all,

My first post though I've been lurking here for a LONG time now. I just ran into an issue you might help me with. I am using two toshiba tivos in my living room, I want to stack them on top of each other, but doing so prevents use of the remote control (controlling them independantly.... Anybody here know how I could posssible control these two independantly??? This is very annoying. Thanks...

Any help would be greatly apprecated! Thanks.

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

JimSpence is offline Old Post 06-27-2004 03:27 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for JimSpence Visit JimSpence's homepage! Find more posts by JimSpence Add JimSpence to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JimSpence
TiVo Forum Special Member

The manual should explain how to change the remote control address. You need to change both of them to something other than 0. Set one to 1 and the other to 2.

Waivers for all four nets are in place.
I'm suspicious of newbies, but tolerant!
And, just because I have a bunch of posts doesn't mean I'm always right.
Add 1231 for accurate post count.

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Edmund is offline Old Post 06-27-2004 04:02 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Edmund Find more posts by Edmund Add Edmund to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Edmund
Remote Guru

This is a dvd/tivo combo, there is no alternate remote address.

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Lethargic is offline Old Post 06-27-2004 04:03 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Lethargic Find more posts by Lethargic Add Lethargic to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lethargic

SO basically I have to stick them far apart and control them that way... Doh! Oh well.

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Edmund is offline Old Post 06-27-2004 04:12 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Edmund Find more posts by Edmund Add Edmund to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Edmund
Remote Guru

You could get a HTM mx-800 remote, its a RF remote, whose IR outputs on its RF basestation are addressable.

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Lethargic is offline Old Post 06-27-2004 04:15 AM
Lethargic

Hey,

Thanks for the replies... I thought about doing it that way, but I don't think it will let me stack the units on top of each other on my A/V stand because the IR going into the boxes would still be the same... I use a different remote right now as it is, a URC-200 ..I was wondering if there were other toshiba codes that also worked on the toshiba tivo.. I'm thinking probably not...

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Edmund is offline Old Post 06-27-2004 04:34 AM
Edmund
Remote Guru

Of course you would need to tent up the individual IR repeater cable and IR sensor of each toshiba. So the only commands reaching the tivo are coming from the IR repeater.

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Lethargic is offline Old Post 06-27-2004 05:58 AM
Lethargic

I already have a URC-300 (i think they're the same brand) do they have a similar product that would work for me?

POST #8 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Lethargic is offline Old Post 06-27-2004 06:07 AM
Lethargic

Found it.. Thanks!

POST #9 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Edmund is offline Old Post 06-27-2004 06:30 AM
Edmund
Remote Guru

Only the mx-800 has addressable outputs on the RF basestation. The MRF-100 that works with the URC-300 doesn't. And the URC-300 won't work with mx-800's basestation, which is the MRF-200. Each of the devices on the mx-800 has a choice of being set to IR only, RF only, or IR/RF. The mx-300 is IR/RF all the time.

POST #10 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

bedelman is offline Old Post 06-27-2004 09:57 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for bedelman Visit bedelman's homepage! Find more posts by bedelman Add bedelman to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bedelman
Call me Bob

quote:
Originally posted by Edmund
This is a dvd/tivo combo, there is no alternate remote address.
The Pioneer DVD combo unit does support alternate remote addresses -- and the regular Series 2 remotes can control it as well (unlike the Toshiba)

1 Pioneer DVR-810H
2 TiVo Series 2 80 hour (one living with son in college)
1 TiVo Series 2 140 hour
1 Humax DRT-800 DVD Recorder with TiVo
1 Sony SVR-2000 (living with other son in Michigan)

POST #11 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged