TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
>>> Nypd 24/7 <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
mzgig is offline Old Post 06-27-2004 07:19 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for mzgig Find more posts by mzgig Add mzgig to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mzgig

Nypd 24/7

So, did anyone watch the new series, NYPD 24/7 supposedly starring Dennis Franz? Was I ever surprised and disappointed. It's just another COPS with Dennis narrating.

Immediately hit the delete button on my SP Manager after 10 minutes.

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

hookbill is offline Old Post 06-27-2004 08:08 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for hookbill Find more posts by hookbill Add hookbill to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hookbill
Advanced Member

It wasn't really another Cops, although I can see some of your analogy. It went a little slow, but I'll keep watching simply because it was entertaining and it's summer, not a great deal available now. I wasn't disillusioned, it sounded to me like perhaps you thought this would be a drama.

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

JPinAZ is offline Old Post 06-27-2004 09:34 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for JPinAZ Find more posts by JPinAZ Add JPinAZ to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JPinAZ
Dead money

It was interesting, but nothing you can't get from a similar show on Discover or TLC. And Dennis Franz should never narrate again.

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

nmiller855 is offline Old Post 06-28-2004 12:30 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for nmiller855 Find more posts by nmiller855 Add nmiller855 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nmiller855
TiVo Forum Special Member

I'm just the opposite of mzgig and would have deleted this show if it had turned out to be a drama instead of a reality show. I'm not impressed with the show as I thought I would be but there's not a lot of new stuff out there tthat I want to watch.

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

mzgig is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 07:14 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for mzgig Find more posts by mzgig Add mzgig to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mzgig

Hookbill, I think you are absolutely right - I expected more of a drama-type series than what it turned out to be. Oh well............thank God I had TiVo'd a lot of my faves and some good movies to get me through the summer

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged