TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > DIRECTV Receiver with TiVo
>>> Could not purchase a pay per view movie through both of my tivos <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
vid53 is offline Old Post 06-27-2004 11:44 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for vid53 Find more posts by vid53 Add vid53 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
vid53

Could not purchase a pay per view movie through both of my tivos

I tried to purchase a movie with both my Sony tivos and it would not purchase the movie for me. When i went to my Hughes HDTV receiver it purchased it immediately. Anyone else had this problem??

THANKS vid53

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Draven X. Byrne is offline Old Post 06-27-2004 12:08 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Draven X. Byrne Find more posts by Draven X. Byrne Add Draven X. Byrne to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Draven X. Byrne
Pope to the TiVos

Have your Sony TiVo's been plugged into a phone line. When the TiVo won't order PPV that means that it couldn't call home and unload PPV's that were purchased.

DXB

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

vid53 is offline Old Post 06-27-2004 12:09 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for vid53 Find more posts by vid53 Add vid53 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
vid53

They are getting their downloads ok.

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Draven X. Byrne is offline Old Post 06-27-2004 12:20 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Draven X. Byrne Find more posts by Draven X. Byrne Add Draven X. Byrne to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Draven X. Byrne
Pope to the TiVos

Have your Sony TiVo's been plugged into a phone line? When the TiVo won't order PPV that means that it couldn't call home and unload PPV's that were purchased.

DXB

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Draven X. Byrne is offline Old Post 06-27-2004 12:23 PM
Draven X. Byrne
Pope to the TiVos

Are they continuously plugged into the phone lines?

DXB

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

vid53 is offline Old Post 06-27-2004 06:11 PM
vid53

yes

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

bonscott87 is offline Old Post 06-27-2004 07:04 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for bonscott87 Find more posts by bonscott87 Add bonscott87 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bonscott87
Lets go Red Wings!

Then call DirecTV and inquire as to why they can't order PPV. They will tell you if it's "phoned home" to DirecTV (which by the way it totally separate from the daily call to Tivo and you can't control when it calls).

Hughes E86 HD STB
MX-500 remote and 43" Hitachi widescreen HDTV
Vonage phone service, no landline!

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Len McRiddles is offline Old Post 06-27-2004 07:42 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Len McRiddles Find more posts by Len McRiddles Add Len McRiddles to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Len McRiddles

Just order on line, that way all receivers on your account will get the PPV.

POST #8 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

BenVanG is offline Old Post 06-27-2004 08:52 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for BenVanG Visit BenVanG's homepage! Find more posts by BenVanG Add BenVanG to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BenVanG

Sorry to ask such a dumb question, but have you paid your bill?

If you're more than a month behind (as I was when I was looking for work) they'll prevent you from getting PPV until you're current.

Just a thought.

POST #9 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

OLdDog is offline Old Post 06-27-2004 08:54 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for OLdDog Find more posts by OLdDog Add OLdDog to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
OLdDog
Reformed Druid

The fact that the TiVo is making daily calls and getting the downloads means nothing to DTV.

There is a seperate call to DTV that must be regularly made if you want to order PPV via remote.

As others have said the easy solution is to order via the web. This has the added advantage of making the movie available on all your receivers instead of just the one that is was ordered on.

POST #10 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jimisham is offline Old Post 06-27-2004 09:22 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for jimisham Find more posts by jimisham Add jimisham to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jimisham

I've had a couple of Sony units, a SAT-B2 and a SAT-T60, over the last 7 years. Ordering a PPV has been a problem with both of them. I've had to call Directv, have them send down a 'kick start' signal and force the units to call in before I could order a PPV. Them the next time I wanted to order a PPV, it was the same thing all over again. The one time I tried to order on line, that didn't work either. I was told they are supposed to call in once a month with PPV information, but mine apparently never have.
There have been several threads about this.

POST #11 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

tigger is offline Old Post 06-27-2004 10:34 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for tigger Find more posts by tigger Add tigger to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tigger

quote:
Originally posted by OLdDog
As others have said the easy solution is to order via the web. This has the added advantage of making the movie available on all your receivers instead of just the one that is was ordered on.

Wow, I never knew that! So you can order the movie once and view/record it on (for example) all 4 Tivos? Could've saved a few bucks on Pirates of the Caribbean if I'd known that!

Although...I'd imagine this is something that Pegasux customers probably can't do since we technically don't have a DirecTV account for satellite services? Yet another in a list of long reasons to be glad Pegasux will die soon...

Thanks!

Tig

POST #12 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Frylock is offline Old Post 06-28-2004 06:37 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Frylock Find more posts by Frylock Add Frylock to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Frylock
Live Long and Tivo!

I don't beleive that ordering it online gets it for all tvs. I beleive you must select the receiver you want to view it on.

POST #13 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

DVDKingdom is offline Old Post 06-28-2004 09:40 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DVDKingdom Find more posts by DVDKingdom Add DVDKingdom to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DVDKingdom

quote:
Originally posted by Frylock
I don't beleive that ordering it online gets it for all tvs. I beleive you must select the receiver you want to view it on.

You do select the receiver you want, however the the website automatically adds all others to the order. I just did this the other day on Master and Commander. If you read the "current pay per view orders" page after ordering you will see the order show on all receivers the first one at the price the rest list it as $0.00.

POST #14 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

kramerboy is offline Old Post 06-28-2004 10:14 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for kramerboy Find more posts by kramerboy Add kramerboy to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kramerboy
Jelly Man

quote:
Originally posted by DVDKingdom
You do select the receiver you want, however the the website automatically adds all others to the order. I just did this the other day on Master and Commander. If you read the "current pay per view orders" page after ordering you will see the order show on all receivers the first one at the price the rest list it as $0.00.

Can you then record it on multiple TiVos?

POST #15 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

DVDKingdom is offline Old Post 06-28-2004 11:18 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DVDKingdom Find more posts by DVDKingdom Add DVDKingdom to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DVDKingdom

quote:
Originally posted by kramerboy
Can you then record it on multiple TiVos?

Yes you can.

POST #16 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

footballdude is offline Old Post 06-28-2004 11:52 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for footballdude Find more posts by footballdude Add footballdude to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
footballdude

Full?

Is your Tivo harddrive nearly full? If you have a lot of stuff marked as 'save until I delete' and more coming in your To Do List, Tivo won't record (or order) a PPV movie. I ran into the same thing a few months back. Just delete a few hours worth of programming and you should be able to record. At least, it worked for me.

POST #17 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

richierich is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 02:30 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for richierich Find more posts by richierich Add richierich to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
richierich

I accidentally forgot to hook up my SD Tivo when I rearranged all of my components (12 in all). So I could order movies but after a certain dollar amount and the phone line was not plugged in, the computer put out a flag that wouldn't let me record. Finally a CSR asked me if the phone line was plugged in and after a test and a look I found out that it wasn't. It does not need the phone line to download but only once a month to download all service charges that are stored on your Tivo. So I had to pay for $200 of PPV movies and plug in the phone line and I was back in business. Check to make sure that you have a connected phone line.

POST #18 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged