TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
>>> Windows XP Service Pack 2 RC2 <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
drhump is offline Old Post 06-27-2004 08:25 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for drhump Find more posts by drhump Add drhump to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
drhump
el duderino

Windows XP Service Pack 2 RC2

i am running javahmo 1.2 on a windows xp pro box. everything was chill until i installed XP Pro SP2 RC2.

I know the problem is with the new integrated firewall. I turn it off, HMO stuff on my TiVo. turn it on, no HMO.

obviously, i can turn the firewall off... the question is this? can i leave the firewall on and configure it to allow HMO/javaHMO traffic?

i tried to search for any type of firewall settings, but all i found was recommendations to turn it off.

dave

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ycrazyy is offline Old Post 06-27-2004 10:41 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ycrazyy Find more posts by ycrazyy Add ycrazyy to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ycrazyy
Big Perm

the answer is yes. i don't have SP2 RC2 on my machine, but i have been reading up on it quite a bit. if you check out javaHMO's website you will be able to find the ports that need to be open and you should be able to configure the firewall to open those ports for you.

SA Series2 150hrs w/HMO
Hughes HDVR2(3) 80hrs w/4.0.1b and HMO
Samsung SIR-4040R 141hrs w/4.0.1b and HMO

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged