TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
>>> Hook Up Issues <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
blonde1271 is offline Old Post 06-28-2004 01:11 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for blonde1271 Find more posts by blonde1271 Add blonde1271 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blonde1271

Hook Up Issues

I have the following devices and can't get them hooked up properly. I have been trying for about 3 weeks. I have researched till I can't find anything else, and need some help.

Philips TiVo DVR
Philips Magnavox TP3283CI TV
Philips Magnovox FW520C Stereo
DirectTV Satellite SIR-S300W

I also have a switch box with 4 inputs and 1 output on it.

Does anyone have any ideas for me?

I want to be able to play DVD's and record my own onto the TiVo as well. I have it hooked up now, but don't have any video to the tv.

Thanks so much.

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

csyria is offline Old Post 06-28-2004 02:15 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for csyria Visit csyria's homepage! Find more posts by csyria Add csyria to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
csyria
200 posts down...

Wall to Receiver to TiVo, then

Video and audio out to switch box
DVD video/audio out to switch box, then

Video out from switchbox to TV
Audio out to Stereo

Try to use component or S-Video cables as often as possible.

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

blonde1271 is offline Old Post 06-28-2004 05:05 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for blonde1271 Find more posts by blonde1271 Add blonde1271 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blonde1271

Still having problems

Thank you so much. I am still having problems having video from the DVD to the TV and I also can't figure out how to record from the DVD player to the TiVo.

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

csyria is offline Old Post 06-28-2004 05:28 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for csyria Visit csyria's homepage! Find more posts by csyria Add csyria to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
csyria
200 posts down...

So, if you connected it as I suggested, DVD -> Switchbox -> TV, you can't see it?

Are you picking the right input on the switchox? Have you tried replacing the cables? Can you hear DVD audio?

Also, DVD recording may or may not work. I assume you have your receiver connected to the s-Video or Composite input, right? (Much better PQ). If not, reconfig it so that this is the case. You have to change something in the software too.

If you do, hook up the DVD plyer in place of the receiver the same way and do a manual recording.

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

blonde1271 is offline Old Post 06-28-2004 06:27 AM
blonde1271

Ok, I will try that. Thanks a bunch! I will let you know if it works or not.

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

blonde1271 is offline Old Post 06-30-2004 01:51 AM
blonde1271

Still need help...

I got the DVD player hooked up.. but still can't record onto the TiVo. I just don't know what I am missing. I hooked it up like this..

Satellite to TiVo by RF In
TiVo split to DVD and Switch Box thru composite
Switch to Stereo, TV, DVD thru composite only

Any suggestions???

I can play and hear the DVD's, set the TiVo up for Satellite and Cable, but when I have to change the Video on the TiVo for the satellite and Cable, I can't figure out how to configure it so that it can read the DVD player and the video connected to it.

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

csyria is offline Old Post 06-30-2004 02:06 AM
csyria
200 posts down...

Are you trying to record DVDs onto the TiVo, or TiVO onto a DVD?

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

blonde1271 is offline Old Post 06-30-2004 02:09 AM
blonde1271

dvd's onto the TiVo

POST #8 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

csyria is offline Old Post 06-30-2004 03:10 AM
csyria
200 posts down...

In that case, you'll need to get an RF modulator

Sat -> TiVo -> Switcher -> Components
^ From RF modulator (Run sat out through it)
DVD -> RF modulator
DVD -> Switcher

You may have to split the composite signal
Turn the DVD on and tune TiVo to channel 3 or 4

POST #9 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged