TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
>>> tivo and broadband router <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
mb400 is offline Old Post 06-30-2004 03:10 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for mb400 Find more posts by mb400 Add mb400 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mb400

tivo and broadband router

I have had my tivo installed for a year now with no problems. I installed broadband and still had no problems making the daily call.

I then installed a broadband router (on 12th June 2004) and the tivo has not since behaving correctly.

I have worked out that the fact that tivo is not making its daily call is because of the broadband router. Something to do with the line frequency being too high.

Tonight I disconnected the router, and manged to successfully make a daily call.

My question is: How do I set my tivo and broadband up so that the work in harmony? I.e. I don't want to have to keep disconnecting the router for tivo to make a successful daily call.

I'm thinking that I have to make tivo's line before/after the broadband line in the way everything is connected. Is it possible to install a broadband filter somewhere on tivo's line, or is this totally the wrong idea?

Would appreciate your help with this folks!

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jsheinz1234 is offline Old Post 06-30-2004 03:58 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jsheinz1234 Find more posts by jsheinz1234 Add jsheinz1234 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jsheinz1234

Might need to figure out what port Tivo is using and punch a hole in the firewall.

Are you using a wired or wireless router?

Is there a password you need to enter in Tivo to allow it to use your router?

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

mb400 is offline Old Post 06-30-2004 04:43 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for mb400 Find more posts by mb400 Add mb400 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mb400

I have posted this thread on the UK specific forum, and seem to have had some logical answers. If these don't work, then I will see if this advice can help.

Thanks.

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

classicsat is offline Old Post 06-30-2004 06:04 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for classicsat Find more posts by classicsat Add classicsat to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
classicsat
Astute User

AFAIK, Tivo uses port 80 and port 123.

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged