TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Off Topic Areas (Non-TiVo) > UK General Chit-Chat
>>> LOPE i-Tee case <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
HTH is offline Old Post 03-24-2004 06:19 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for HTH Visit HTH's homepage! Find more posts by HTH Add HTH to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HTH
No Avatar Selected

LOPE i-Tee case

I've been wanting to get one of these LOPE i-Tee cases for awhile now, but I can't seem to find a vendor willing to sell them.

I contacted one company in the UK with a website that had an orphaned page that had the case. After altering the HTML to allow someone in the US to register with them, I asked if they could still sell me one. A response came saying they could, advised about the shipping (40 pounds, approx. 80 dollars) and offered to tell me their current price for the case.

They haven't yet responded to my two e-mailed responses.

I can't find any US vendors for this case, so I'm asking here if anyone in the UK knows of a vendor that still sells them and will ship to the US.

If you are dissatisfied with your life, return unused portion for partial refund.

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

iankb is offline Old Post 03-24-2004 06:51 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for iankb Find more posts by iankb Add iankb to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
iankb
TiVo Forum Special Member

XCase sell them in the UK, but it isn't obvious that they will ship to the US.

Vesalia sell them in Germany and appear to ship anywhere.

Krome distribute them in New Zealand.

I should imagine shipping costs will be quite high from anywhere, given the weight.

For gold text on leather in TiVoWeb, try the redbook, bluebook, greenbook and blackbook themes, now updated with button menus

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

6022tivo is offline Old Post 03-25-2004 04:19 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for 6022tivo Visit 6022tivo's homepage! Find more posts by 6022tivo Add 6022tivo to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
6022tivo
A Happy Member

Email the likes of dabs and simply with the link. They may get there buyers on the case if there is enough interest.

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

HTH is offline Old Post 03-25-2004 04:47 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for HTH Visit HTH's homepage! Find more posts by HTH Add HTH to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HTH
No Avatar Selected

I placed an order with XCase. Cost me around US$250, but it gets me a unique case.

If you are dissatisfied with your life, return unused portion for partial refund.

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

topbanana is offline Old Post 03-25-2004 10:44 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for topbanana Find more posts by topbanana Add topbanana to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
topbanana

Wow - clever design, I want an orange one.

I was particularly tickled by some of the Taiwnglish on the exploded diagram (http://www.lope.com.tw/i-tee-explosion.htm)

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

iankb is offline Old Post 03-26-2004 01:08 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for iankb Find more posts by iankb Add iankb to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
iankb

Nice design, but you'd need to be careful when you shut the back, in case an internal cable ends up stopping the CPU fan. They should also have stuck a handle on top for Lan Parties. Having the cables come out sideways could be useful in some situations.

For gold text on leather in TiVoWeb, try the redbook, bluebook, greenbook and blackbook themes, now updated with button menus

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

HTH is offline Old Post 03-26-2004 05:55 AM
HTH
No Avatar Selected

I hope the power supply is switchable to 60 Hz power.

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

HTH is offline Old Post 04-15-2004 02:37 AM
HTH
No Avatar Selected

Bad news. Case still hasn't arrived (their e-mail said 2-3 days) and XCase has had more than the weekend to respond to a request to trace the order. Gonna have to check my credit card statement.

POST #8 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

iankb is offline Old Post 04-15-2004 02:41 AM
iankb

It was a 4-day Easter week-end in the UK.

POST #9 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

HTH is offline Old Post 04-15-2004 06:18 AM
HTH
No Avatar Selected

I've alloted for that. But still, it's been three weeks since I placed my order and not even a tracking number from them.

POST #10 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

HTH is offline Old Post 04-20-2004 12:41 AM
HTH
No Avatar Selected

And still no reply from two messages sent on Friday. They say on the website that they reply by e-mail 7 days a week, but I've received no responses from them on any of my messages on the 16th or 9th. Not even an acknowledgement that they'd received my message.

Next message will be Cc:'d to jamo there in hopes that that will escalate the issue beyond just contacting sales. Coming up on 4 weeks wait Wednesday on a 2-3 days shipment. I worry that the charge may have been on the previous credit card bill and already paid.

POST #11 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

HTH is offline Old Post 04-22-2004 08:38 PM
HTH
No Avatar Selected

Finally had to make an international call at 9 AM CDT, 3 PM BST. Turns out they were holding the order because their website underreported the shipping charge by £20. I don't know why they couldn't tell me this by e-mail either proactively or in response to one of my four messages to them.

Also found I can't make international calls from my cell phone. So I guess it is a good thing MCI hadn't yet disconnected my long distance like I'd asked them to do.

POST #12 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

HTH is offline Old Post 05-07-2004 01:30 AM
HTH
No Avatar Selected

Cancelled the order today. 31 business days of waiting, a response to query ratio of 1:6, and an international call that took a week for them to realize was made. I won't be ordering from XCase again unless I can arrange for the item to be picked up and taken on a commercial flight.

Next attempt will be with Vesalia in Germany, and that will be awhile until I know I can afford it. (Talking with anothers here with experience, the only place where shipping costs more to the US than the UK is New Zealand.)

I think I'll snail-mail hard copies of all my attempts to contact them so they can appreciate my frustration.

POST #13 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

sjp is offline Old Post 05-07-2004 01:59 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sjp Find more posts by sjp Add sjp to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sjp
Advanced Member

shame i'm not buying quite so many guitar bits'n'pieces these days otherwise we'd have a bit of batering to do.

hope it goes well this time hth.

POST #14 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

cyril is offline Old Post 05-07-2004 05:47 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for cyril Visit cyril's homepage! Find more posts by cyril Add cyril to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cyril

I'm next headed to New York in September. I could bring a case for you if you still want one by then!

POST #15 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

HTH is offline Old Post 05-07-2004 10:23 PM
HTH
No Avatar Selected

There'd still be the matter of getting it from New York to Nebraska.

It also bothers me that Vesalia doesn't take credit cards. I'm not sure I want to have a PayPal account.

POST #16 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged