TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo UK
>>> quick question to people using video senders <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
willgraham is offline Old Post 06-23-2004 10:58 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for willgraham Find more posts by willgraham Add willgraham to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
willgraham

quick question to people using video senders

Hi

I recently purchased a philips video sender from argos and was wondering what is the sound quality like because I seem to be experiencing a slight buzzing sound from mine.

at first i fought it may have something to do with the antenna so I tried moving it around, same problem

help is appriciated.

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

MartinBoakes is offline Old Post 06-23-2004 11:32 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for MartinBoakes Find more posts by MartinBoakes Add MartinBoakes to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MartinBoakes

I have 2 video senders, one going to the kitchen (Medion), and one going to the bedroom (Thomson). There's a buzzing on the kitchen one but it's only really noticable during very quiet scenes. It also varies depending on which channel I use on the sender.

Martin.

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

iankb is offline Old Post 06-24-2004 01:56 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for iankb Find more posts by iankb Add iankb to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
iankb
TiVo Forum Special Member

I have a Philips VL1200 with two receivers, and neither has any obvious buzzing.

For gold text on leather in TiVoWeb, try the redbook, bluebook, greenbook and blackbook themes, now updated with button menus

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

gyre is offline Old Post 06-24-2004 02:05 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for gyre Find more posts by gyre Add gyre to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gyre
Wookie

I have a medion one. No buzzing, but loads of hissing if the aerials are not correctly aligned.

-- gyre --

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

SPR is offline Old Post 06-26-2004 03:34 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for SPR Find more posts by SPR Add SPR to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SPR

I have no problems with my Digisender. Wi-Fi router interfered at first, but moved it about 6 inches & all ok without any loss of coverage.

Only other time there's a problem is when I use the microwave!

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

i_c_bradley is offline Old Post 06-27-2004 01:15 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for i_c_bradley Find more posts by i_c_bradley Add i_c_bradley to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
i_c_bradley

I have a Medion and there is an intermittent buzz. It is very sensitive and needs positioning to be spot on.

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

gyre is offline Old Post 06-27-2004 02:07 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for gyre Find more posts by gyre Add gyre to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gyre
Wookie

I wish I could find a digital video sender. I need a better quality signal upstairs from the tivo to the tv.

Any pointers?

-- gyre --

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

iankb is offline Old Post 06-27-2004 08:52 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for iankb Find more posts by iankb Add iankb to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
iankb
TiVo Forum Special Member

In terms of signal quality, not all video senders are the same. I used to have an old Response system, and the picture on that was very poor. In comparison, I find the signal quality on my current Philips VL1200 to be excellent. It seems to rely on a very strong signal, rather than directional aerials, since the video aerials are internal and omnidirectional.

For gold text on leather in TiVoWeb, try the redbook, bluebook, greenbook and blackbook themes, now updated with button menus

POST #8 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

willgraham is offline Old Post 06-27-2004 09:09 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for willgraham Find more posts by willgraham Add willgraham to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
willgraham

I'm gonna exchange my philips video sender for different make and see how that one turns out

thanks for the input fellows

POST #9 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

zenith52 is offline Old Post 06-28-2004 08:13 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for zenith52 Find more posts by zenith52 Add zenith52 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
zenith52

I have a couple of AEI DigiSenders and apart for the one in the kitchen buzzing when the microwave is on, have no problems.

Zen

POST #10 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

donnellyr3003 is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 12:11 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for donnellyr3003 Find more posts by donnellyr3003 Add donnellyr3003 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
donnellyr3003

I use a thomson sender plugged into the back of the Tivo
no interference, no buzzing just exceolent picture qualityu aand the ability to change my cable channel from upstairs (Something I havent been able to do before)

POST #11 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged