TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo UK
>>> Listing quality getting worse by the day? <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
sammoj is offline Old Post 06-24-2004 04:09 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sammoj Find more posts by sammoj Add sammoj to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sammoj

Listing quality getting worse by the day?

Is it my imagination or are the listings getting more inaccurate as each week goes by? My Tivo is typically recording 3-4 programs a week which are not actually on at the given date or time. I have also noticed I can be watching a program and it is not as per the listing in the guide.

This is happening across the board, but most notably on Sky 1, Mix, UK Gold, News 24 etc.

Does anyone else feel this way or is it just me becoming a grumpy old 40+?

Personally, I DON'T BELIEVE IT!

John

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

sanderton is offline Old Post 06-24-2004 04:12 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sanderton Visit sanderton's homepage! Find more posts by sanderton Add sanderton to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sanderton
TiVoer since 11/2000

Not seen any problems, bar sports related ones which always make this time of year a mare. Mind you, don't record much from the channels you list!

Check out my hacks, including intelligent automatic padding, background re-prioritise Season Passes in TiVoWeb, make your TiVo send you a daily status e-mail, and other stuff we can't talk about on TC here TiVos: 110Gb + Sky + CacheCard, 160Gb + Freeview + CacheCard, 110Gb + just network (Turbonet & 802.11g)

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

cwaring is offline Old Post 06-24-2004 06:11 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for cwaring Visit cwaring's homepage! Find more posts by cwaring Add cwaring to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cwaring
TiVo Forum Special Member

I have not encountered any problems on Sky One and that is one of my most popular channels. I presume we don't watch the same sort of stuff?

Tivo User since April 2002
38h 'Best' Quality (120gb Upgrade)
Telewest Active Digital with Pace 1000 STB
My Personal Web Site / Unofficial Telewest Info Site / Tivo Manuals and TV Ads

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ozsat is offline Old Post 06-24-2004 09:04 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ozsat Find more posts by ozsat Add ozsat to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ozsat
Very Nice Moderator

Not seen any problems on the four channels you mention!

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

sammoj is offline Old Post 06-24-2004 09:21 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sammoj Find more posts by sammoj Add sammoj to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sammoj

Maybe if I give an example:

1800 24th June BBC R7

Tivo: Doctor Who: The Ghosts of N Space, chat show.

Actual programm, source digiguide: EarthSearch, Scifi.

John

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

aerialplug is offline Old Post 06-24-2004 05:28 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for aerialplug Visit aerialplug's homepage! Find more posts by aerialplug Add aerialplug to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aerialplug
Expert TiVo User

A lot of Radio 7 programmes are completely different to the ones advertised. I was looking forward to listening to Notes from a Small Island this week - but it turned out to be something completely different on at that time.

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Ollie is offline Old Post 06-24-2004 06:34 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ollie Find more posts by Ollie Add Ollie to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ollie

Radio 7 listings often seem to lag behind, i.e. TiVo will still list the programme that finished its run a week or two ago, instead of the programme that replaced it.

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

sjp is offline Old Post 06-24-2004 09:33 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for sjp Find more posts by sjp Add sjp to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sjp
Advanced Member

quote:
Originally posted by aerialplug
A lot of Radio 7 programmes are completely different to the ones advertised. I was looking forward to listening to Notes from a Small Island this week - but it turned out to be something completely different on at that time.

the TV programme of this is on somewhere atm... my bill bryson WL is always populated by this show...

stuart

POST #8 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

misterbleepy is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 02:36 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for misterbleepy Find more posts by misterbleepy Add misterbleepy to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misterbleepy
elly's dad

quote:
Originally posted by sjp
the TV programme of this is on somewhere atm... my bill bryson WL is always populated by this show...

stuart

It's on Sky Travel I think.

120Gb Samsung and 512Mb Cachecard now fitted

POST #9 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

sammoj is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 03:30 AM
sammoj

quote:
Originally posted by Ollie
Radio 7 listings often seem to lag behind, i.e. TiVo will still list the programme that finished its run a week or two ago, instead of the programme that replaced it.

Thats a shame because it often plays things I would like to record. Earth search is a favourite of mine from years ago. But according to Tivo there is no such program in the next 3 weeks. Digiguide on the other hand no problems.

Anybody recommend a DAB card that interfaces into Digiguide?

John

POST #10 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

johala_reewi is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 05:55 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for johala_reewi Find more posts by johala_reewi Add johala_reewi to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
johala_reewi

Noticed this with Eye of the Storm on Sky Travel. The broadcast episode didn't always match the description as shown by Tivo.

POST #11 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Samstan is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 07:07 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Samstan Find more posts by Samstan Add Samstan to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Samstan

The only thing I keep finding and I don't know if its Tivo or MTV but I have a season pass for the Osbournes. At least 50% of the episodes Tivo thinks its recording are actually different programs.

POST #12 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

DeadKenny is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 07:24 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DeadKenny Visit DeadKenny's homepage! Find more posts by DeadKenny Add DeadKenny to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DeadKenny

I've noticed Radio 7 is way off, but also the two Paramount channels seem to be out of sync now and again.

POST #13 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dialanothernumb is offline Old Post 06-26-2004 06:11 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for dialanothernumb Find more posts by dialanothernumb Add dialanothernumb to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dialanothernumb

quote:
Originally posted by sammoj
Thats a shame because it often plays things I would like to record. Earth search is a favourite of mine from years ago. But according to Tivo there is no such program in the next 3 weeks. Digiguide on the other hand no problems.

Anybody recommend a DAB card that interfaces into Digiguide?

John

Nebula Digitv

POST #14 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged