TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo UK
>>> Loosing Sound <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
gcclinux is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 12:48 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for gcclinux Visit gcclinux's homepage! Find more posts by gcclinux Add gcclinux to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gcclinux

Loosing Sound

Could anyone tell me why I could be loosing sound on recording and watching life? I believe that it's only on BBC1 but I am not sure! Is there any miss configuration or tunning I can do or is it something more serius?

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

gcclinux is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 07:06 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for gcclinux Visit gcclinux's homepage! Find more posts by gcclinux Add gcclinux to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gcclinux

Talking

Please has anyone ever had this problem, in loosing sound while recording? This is starting to really annoy me!

How can i re-scan all my available channels so that I can try changing them and see if I find a better one, as not only it looses the sound but it is also crackely.

Please help.

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

BaggieBoy is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 07:58 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for BaggieBoy Find more posts by BaggieBoy Add BaggieBoy to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BaggieBoy
Large Member

Are you using analogue terestrial? If so it sound like you may have the Nicam bug. I don't know the details but some early units suffered from sound problems.

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

gcclinux is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 09:18 PM
gcclinux

Is there any solution for that problem? Has any one got any suggestions? It would be very much appreciated.

Many Thanks

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

BaggieBoy is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 09:22 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for BaggieBoy Find more posts by BaggieBoy Add BaggieBoy to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BaggieBoy
Large Member

When this first came to light, TiVo arranged for affected units to be modified. However this was a few years ago. The fix was quite simple, just a resistor change I understand.

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged