TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo UK
>>> Pullling the Sky Plug <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Corrie is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 04:19 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Corrie Find more posts by Corrie Add Corrie to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Corrie

Pullling the Sky Plug

Well, I finally realised that even the basic subscription on Sky is not worth the dosh so I've pulled the plug on Sky and cancelled my subscription. However I'm getting a few mixed messages about how many channels I will be left with coming through the dish. Can anyone advise. Also I presume I will have to run the set up programme again on my beloved Tivo.

Ta fo any info available

Corrie

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Regor is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 04:42 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Regor Visit Regor's homepage! Find more posts by Regor Add Regor to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Regor

There is a list of all the 'free to air' channels here. (i think)

If your TiVo is currently set up for satellite channels, then all you need do is de-select the channels you won't be receiving in one of the setup menus. No need to re-run set-up again.

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

iankb is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 04:44 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for iankb Find more posts by iankb Add iankb to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
iankb
TiVo Forum Special Member

If you're still using the Sky dish, then you won't need to re-run setup. You will need to go into 'Channels I Receive' and deselect all of the unsubscribed channels, which brings you back to the other question. I've no idea what FTA/FTV channels you can get with an unsubscribed Sky dish.

For gold text on leather in TiVoWeb, try the redbook, bluebook, greenbook and blackbook themes, now updated with button menus

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Sneals2000 is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 06:20 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Sneals2000 Find more posts by Sneals2000 Add Sneals2000 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sneals2000

AIUI when you cease to subscribe to Sky your card (which should be a series two one - dark blue with a yellow house) should remain authorised to receive the FTV (ITV1, Channel Four, Five) services.

This is in addition to your receiver also being able to receive all of the FTA channels that you would receive without a card (all the BBC services, CNN, Sky News, Chart Show TV, The Vault, most/all of the shopping channels, some of the high number entertainment channels)

I think Sky aren't allowed to de-activate ITV1, Channel Four and Five as they are officially Free-to-View, the only reason they can stop you receiving them in the UK is if they upgrade the encryption system.

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

sanderton is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 08:26 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for sanderton Visit sanderton's homepage! Find more posts by sanderton Add sanderton to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sanderton
TiVoer since 11/2000

Pull the card out and that will be the channels you get, plus ITV 1, C4 and Five.

Check out my hacks, including intelligent automatic padding, background re-prioritise Season Passes in TiVoWeb, make your TiVo send you a daily status e-mail, and other stuff we can't talk about on TC here TiVos: 110Gb + Sky + CacheCard, 160Gb + Freeview + CacheCard, 110Gb + just network (Turbonet & 802.11g)

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged