TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo UK
>>> TIVO Wireless Ethernet Card <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
mrluk is offline Old Post 06-27-2004 05:09 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for mrluk Find more posts by mrluk Add mrluk to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mrluk

TIVO Wireless Ethernet Card

A month ago my Tivo was struck by lightning killing the modem.

After following advice I ordered the necessary parts from 9thtee.com. They have been very efficient at debiting my credit card but have failed to either deliver the parts or respond to numerous emails, faxes or their web based "contact us" form. I have now had to instruct my credit card to reclaim the money from them.

So I am now looking either for a UK supplier of the modem parts or, since I have discovered that my wireless router signal is still strong enough by the TIVO a wireless ethernet adapter I can install.

Can anyone point me at the appropriate parts and a UK supplier (or a US based one that delivers).

Many thanks

Mark

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Chris T is offline Old Post 06-27-2004 07:22 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Chris T Find more posts by Chris T Add Chris T to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chris T

Try www.laser.com

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

sanderton is offline Old Post 06-27-2004 09:49 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for sanderton Visit sanderton's homepage! Find more posts by sanderton Add sanderton to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sanderton
TiVoer since 11/2000

9th Tee have done a lot of business with people on this board and are definitely legit and usually good at customer care - there must be someting odd going on with your communication links with Mark (mark@9thtee.com).

Check out my hacks, including intelligent automatic padding, background re-prioritise Season Passes in TiVoWeb, make your TiVo send you a daily status e-mail, and other stuff we can't talk about on TC here TiVos: 110Gb + Sky + CacheCard, 160Gb + Freeview + CacheCard, 110Gb + just network (Turbonet & 802.11g)

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

mrluk is offline Old Post 06-28-2004 12:50 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for mrluk Find more posts by mrluk Add mrluk to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mrluk

Don't know what I have done to deserve being ignored by them. The only email I got was the original confirmation of order so emails clearly must be able to work but for some reason they have ignored all emails to them.

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

threadkiller is offline Old Post 06-28-2004 01:03 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for threadkiller Visit threadkiller's homepage! Find more posts by threadkiller Add threadkiller to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
threadkiller
Dark side Nrth Devon

quote:
Originally posted by mrluk
Don't know what I have done to deserve being ignored by them. The only email I got was the original confirmation of order so emails clearly must be able to work but for some reason they have ignored all emails to them.
it was the same when i ordered mine, nothing until they confirmed stock & posting. about 5 weeks between the 2

120Gig Tivo + Airnet + Sky Digital + Freeview + Tivoweb + Every module available until the novelty wears off, or my wife beats me :)

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

mrluk is offline Old Post 06-28-2004 01:20 AM
mrluk

The web site said that the parts were in stock. Cant see why they should wait weeks if it is in stock and very frustrating that they dont respond to emails and faxes

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged