TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Off Topic Areas (Non-TiVo) > Happy Hour - General Chit-Chat
>>> Office personalities <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
nmiller855 is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 12:22 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for nmiller855 Find more posts by nmiller855 Add nmiller855 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nmiller855
TiVo Forum Special Member

Office personalities

The Hoarder: He is the keeper of the office supplies, and you'd better have a good reason to want to refill your stapler, otherwise you will feel his wrath.

Stand Off: She talks to few, she acknowledges even fewer. She can't even look you in the eye. She is an island unto herself . . . maybe she should stay that way.

The Invisible Worker: Immune from working standard eight-hour days, this offender has never seen 9 a.m. or 5 p.m. on the office clock--because he arrives late and leaves early.

Too Sunny: It's nice to see some people in a good mood, but for the love of God, nobody is as happy as this torturer! How can one woman smile all the time?!

Coffee Chief: Question: When was the last time you saw him without a coffee cup in his hand? Ewwww . . . he's taking it in the washroom with him!

Smoke Club: A smelly group that tag-teams outside for a cigarette break. Avoid sharing an elevator with these guys unless you want to be assaulted by nasty fumes.

Angry Guy: Given to harsh outbreaks at the most innocent provocation. He goes off--ranting and raving at the drop of a hat--because he has no self-control. Call security!

Loud Talker: You can be at one end of the office, and he's on the other end, and you can hear every syllable. And woe to those who have a desk near this beast.

The Casual Cretin: He does Casual Friday on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday as well. Hey, hotshot, sandals year-round aren't a fashion statement, they're a disaster!

Social Butterfly: She flits from one desk to another, eager to strike up conversations that promise to keep you from the more mundane tasks, like getting your work done.

The Peacock: Strutting her stuff in the most attention-getting outfits, this woman thinks she's on a fashion runway and not in line to make copies.

The Pushover: The most inept co-worker of all. She's so nice and meek that she gets run over by everybody, from the boss to the mailroom clerk. Somebody save her soul!

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

DougF is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 12:26 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for DougF Find more posts by DougF Add DougF to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DougF
Alliance Magician

The E-Mail-Brave Guy: The mid to upper management guy who talks the big talk via e-mail, but cowers like a frightened puppy when confronted face to face.

Several of those types at my old company.

=========================================

I'm DougF and I do not approve this message.

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

testify4 is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 12:33 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for testify4 Visit testify4's homepage! Find more posts by testify4 Add testify4 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
testify4
Quad Damage

Careful, based on the description of "The Casual Cretin", it could be one of us I.T. guys. Add in a ponytail, and you may have a web developer sighting! Only caveat is that ERP guys wear linen pants and $900 watches, and can be mistaken for upper management based on their dress.

The Hall Monitor: Always seen walking about in (and in between) buildings, you have to wonder if this person has ever seen their desk (and any kind of workload).

The Performance Metric: This talented individual can sense slowdowns on the network or file servers in the milisecond range, and has IT support on speed dial so they can report anything less than optimal response from all systems.

The Seagull Manager: Flies in, makes a lot of noise, ***** all over the place, and flies off.

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

DPF is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 12:44 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for DPF Find more posts by DPF Add DPF to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DPF
So tired.....

quote:
Originally posted by DougF
The E-Mail-Brave Guy: The mid to upper management guy who talks the big talk via e-mail, but cowers like a frightened puppy when confronted face to face.

Several of those types at my old company.

Ah, yes, nothing like "Keyboard Courage"
-DPF

"If you give a man fire he will be warm for a day
-but-
If you set that man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life"

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

gregpr is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 04:14 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for gregpr Find more posts by gregpr Add gregpr to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gregpr
Tragically Unhip

quote:
Originally posted by DPF
Ah, yes, nothing like "Keyboard Courage"
-DPF

AKA "Alligator Mouth & Hummingbird A$$"

Join us in Las Vegas for TC-Con '05, June 13,2005!

*5130*

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

LoadStar is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 07:16 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for LoadStar Find more posts by LoadStar Add LoadStar to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
LoadStar
LOAD"*",8,1

Teflon Boy: nothing seems to stick to this guy -- complaints, criticism, even work assignments. All just seem to slide off onto others without any sign they were ever there.

Magic 8-Ball Manager: when asked a question, the answer is usually less reliable than a Magic 8-Ball, and significantly less entertaining.

The Oracle: Ask this person anything... she will always have the correct answer... even to questions there should be no human way for her to know the answer to. How DOES she do it?

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

spartanstew is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 07:28 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for spartanstew Find more posts by spartanstew Add spartanstew to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
spartanstew
AKA WoohooStew

At my office I have the following:

The Attention Seeker: my son

The Other Attention Seeker: my wife.

The Ignorer: me

Stew

FREQUENT INQUIRIES:
YAMM: yet another meaningless milestone
SOAK: source of all knowledge
UMF: unseen mystical force
IBTL: in before the lock
curious about picture in picture on a directivo: DO A SEARCH FOR PIP
curious as to which universal remote is the best for tivo:DO A SEARCH FOR UNIVERSAL REMOTE.

Sony SAT-T60: DirecTiVo receiver - Modified to 228 Hours
Hughes HDVR2 Directv receiver with TiVo - Unmodified
Hughes HDVR2 Directv receiver with TiVo - Unmodified
Philips DSR7000 Directv receiver withTiVo- Unmodified
Samsung SIR-S4040R Directv receiver with TiVo - Unmodified

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

henryhank is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 08:29 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for henryhank Visit henryhank's homepage! Find more posts by henryhank Add henryhank to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
henryhank

quote:
Originally posted by testify4
The Performance Metric: This talented individual can sense slowdowns on the network or file servers in the milisecond range, and has IT support on speed dial so they can report anything less than optimal response from all systems.

People would have called me this in some companies I've worked at.

POST #8 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

murgatroyd is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 10:22 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for murgatroyd Find more posts by murgatroyd Add murgatroyd to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
murgatroyd

The Vanisher: he who borrows your office supplies, takes them to whichever work area he is using at the time, and leaves them there. [He has to borrow your stapler because he left his ... somewhere....]

POST #9 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Pablo is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 10:27 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Pablo Find more posts by Pablo Add Pablo to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pablo
... not like you

So, what are you?

I am a combination of "Coffee Chief" and "Casual Cretin". Each day, I replace my blood supply with coffee. I wear shorts and flip flops year round, except when I am sick or when I am meeting with a customer.

Some would call me of the "Loud Talker". However, I do not talk much louder than others, just more often.

Some would call me the "Oracle". However, I do not know everything. I just tend to think faster than others and I have tend to have no fear. As a result, I often give an answer before others.

POST #10 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Sinuralan is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 10:37 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Sinuralan Visit Sinuralan's homepage! Find more posts by Sinuralan Add Sinuralan to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sinuralan
Fair and Balanced

The Invisible Worker is how I'm sure I appear to some. But I don't just arrive late and leave early. I usually arrive late and leave very very late. Or leave 'early' but I'm actually going over to our colocation facility or some other off-site work. But I'm often not at my desk.

POST #11 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

JFriday is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 10:48 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for JFriday Find more posts by JFriday Add JFriday to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JFriday
Advanced Member

The laugher: Laughs at everything he says. Annoying as hell and everyone thinks he's an A$$.

POST #12 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

testify4 is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 11:39 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for testify4 Visit testify4's homepage! Find more posts by testify4 Add testify4 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
testify4
Quad Damage

quote:
Originally posted by Sinuralan
The Invisible Worker is how I'm sure I appear to some. But I don't just arrive late and leave early. I usually arrive late and leave very very late. Or leave 'early' but I'm actually going over to our colocation facility or some other off-site work. But I'm often not at my desk.

When it comes to hardcore IT folks, I always go by this: "If you see me in before 9, it means I was here all night."

POST #13 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Sleestak is offline Old Post 06-30-2004 12:51 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Sleestak Find more posts by Sleestak Add Sleestak to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sleestak
Lizzard Member

The Opera Slob.
His desk is a disaster, and so is he. Way too busy to put his tie on, so it hangs out of his pocket all day. Likes saying the phrase "deep six". And don't bother him at 3pm during opera hour on the radio!

POST #14 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

martinp13 is offline Old Post 06-30-2004 02:01 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for martinp13 Visit martinp13's homepage! Find more posts by martinp13 Add martinp13 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
martinp13
Official Texas TIVO

quote:
Originally posted by LoadStar
The Oracle: Ask this person anything... she will always have the correct answer... even to questions there should be no human way for her to know the answer to. How DOES she do it?

TCF, duh!

TC-Con 05/Las Vegas : Come on, you KNOW you want to go! Check it out!

"We're out of our elephant..." - uncdrew's client
"My implants are frozen!" - One of the bimbos who slept on a glacier in The Amazing Race 6

POST #15 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged