TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Off Topic Areas (Non-TiVo) > Happy Hour - General Chit-Chat
>>> eBay question <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
tivoman is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 08:27 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for tivoman Find more posts by tivoman Add tivoman to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tivoman
Advanced Member

Question eBay question

Have you ever had a buyer ask you if you can send another item with your stuff? The buyer purchased a item from another seller, but the seller doesn't ship outside of the USA, so he ask me if he could ship it to my place and then I would ship it all to his address.

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Drazi is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 08:33 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Drazi Find more posts by Drazi Add Drazi to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Drazi
Native Texan

I see several problems.

First I would reserve the right to open and fully inspect the contents to make sure you are not participating in anything illegal.

However if anything turns up missing or broken when it's finally delivered the other seller will most likely blame you.

Don't think I'd do it.

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dslunceford is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 08:43 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for dslunceford Visit dslunceford's homepage! Find more posts by dslunceford Add dslunceford to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dslunceford
TiVo Forum Special Member

I wouldn't do it either, more because you could be getting set up to be scammed....

http://www.wisinfo.com/newsherald/m...966073958.shtml

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

YamahaRick is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 08:49 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for YamahaRick Find more posts by YamahaRick Add YamahaRick to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
YamahaRick
TiVo Forum Special Member

Don't do it.

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

landrumdh is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 09:07 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for landrumdh Visit landrumdh's homepage! Find more posts by landrumdh Add landrumdh to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
landrumdh
Planning a Roadtrip!

I'd say it's a SCAM. Don't do it!

"What is gum, anyway? I looked at the ingredients and the only gum related item I could see was called "gum base." Is that a real thing? Is that the smallest most elemental form of the gum? Or is that like looking at the ingredients for spaghetti and meatballs and seeing "meatballs" listed?" - hefe

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

steuert is offline Old Post 06-30-2004 12:22 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for steuert Find more posts by steuert Add steuert to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steuert
TivoGeezer

If the buyer knew the other seller didn't ship outside the US, why did he purchase the item in the first place? Reminds me of someone in Mexico asking you to carry a small package in your luggage for his cousin in LA.

IMHO you have nothing to gain and considerable to lose by handling the other item.

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged