TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > HDTV TiVo Powered PVRs
>>> Composite with DVI switch off? <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
k2ue is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 10:33 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for k2ue Find more posts by k2ue Add k2ue to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
k2ue

Composite with DVI switch off?

Can someone with a Gefen DVI switch and something to view the Component output answer a question?

I'm considering a DVD recorder with Component in and DVI out -- if I set my Gefen switch to view the DVD recorder output (instead of the HD Tivo) will the HD Tivo consider the DVI output "unused" and provide Component output (which I could then record)?

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

greywolf is offline Old Post 06-30-2004 01:39 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for greywolf Find more posts by greywolf Add greywolf to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
greywolf

What is the recorder make and model? I thought it's supposed to be a cold day in Hades when a recorder with component input would be available.

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

k2ue is offline Old Post 06-30-2004 01:42 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for k2ue Find more posts by k2ue Add k2ue to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
k2ue

quote:
Originally posted by greywolf
What is the recorder make and model? I thought it's supposed to be a cold day in Hades when a recorder with component input would be available.

The Philips DVDR755 has a Component Video Input "for best digital recording from set-top box".

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

greywolf is offline Old Post 06-30-2004 02:39 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for greywolf Find more posts by greywolf Add greywolf to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
greywolf

Okay. It looks like the component input is limited to 480 lines per inch so the MPAA won't go bananas.

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged