TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Off Topic Areas (Non-TiVo) > Happy Hour - General Chit-Chat
>>> IHL Hockey Fans..... <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
tfederov is offline Old Post 06-30-2004 02:46 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tfederov Find more posts by tfederov Add tfederov to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tfederov
M GO BLUE!!!

IHL Hockey Fans.....

Whatever happened to the Turner Cup after the league folded?

Did it actually fold or merge into the AHL? I can't find much on it. I used to be a big fan of the IHL because of the Saginaw Gears....

DirecTV HR10-250
DirecTV HR10-250

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

zaknafein is offline Old Post 06-30-2004 02:48 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for zaknafein Visit zaknafein's homepage! Find more posts by zaknafein Add zaknafein to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
zaknafein
iddqd

Re: IHL Hockey Fans.....

quote:
Originally posted by tfederov
Whatever happened to the Turner Cup after the league folded?

Did it actually fold or merge into the AHL? I can't find much on it. I used to be a big fan of the IHL because of the Saginaw Gears....

From my understanding, the league itself folded. There were a few IHL franchises that became AHL franchises, but not all of them.

You wanted to be free
And somewhere beyond the bitter end is where I wanna be

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

bonscott87 is offline Old Post 06-30-2004 02:49 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for bonscott87 Find more posts by bonscott87 Add bonscott87 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bonscott87
Lets go Red Wings!

Some IHL went to the AHL, some (like Kalamazoo) went to the UHL or other leagues and some folded altogether.

Hughes E86 HD STB
MX-500 remote and 43" Hitachi widescreen HDTV
Vonage phone service, no landline!

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

pmyers is offline Old Post 06-30-2004 02:56 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for pmyers Find more posts by pmyers Add pmyers to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pmyers
TiVo Forum Special Member

ahh..the old days of the Phoenix Roadrunners! Those were some fun games to watch and glass seats only cost me about $15 each. Those were great times for dating.

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

tfederov is offline Old Post 06-30-2004 03:01 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tfederov Find more posts by tfederov Add tfederov to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tfederov
M GO BLUE!!!

I remember the Roadrunners! Heck, I remember the 1980-81 Turner Cup Finals game when Saginaw beak Kalamazoo 4-1. The only championship game I'll probably ever see in person. The Gears ruled. I'd watch an old school IHL game anyday before watching the NHL just for the simple fact that the players actually appreciated the fans........

DirecTV HR10-250
DirecTV HR10-250

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

scottjf8 is offline Old Post 06-30-2004 03:08 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for scottjf8 Visit scottjf8's homepage! Find more posts by scottjf8 Add scottjf8 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
scottjf8
New Daddy

All I know is that the Detroit Vipers folded just before the AHL abandoned.

Come see pictures of our new baby!!

TFEDEROV is my daddy!!
Hail to the victors, the University of Michigan

July 2004 TCF Heads Up Poker Champion

Be Very Scared, unless you have the nuts!
--JohnJr

"If you started on your 27th birthday and died on your 60th, you'd have to make 82.97 pounds of poo every day in order to get to $1,000,000. Of course, that's before taxes."
--Steavis

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Savafan1 is offline Old Post 06-30-2004 03:35 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Savafan1 Find more posts by Savafan1 Add Savafan1 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Savafan1

The Cincinnati Cyclones had moved back to the ECHL, but according to their page, they are suspending operations for this year.

That means were stuck with the Mighty Ducks. They are in the AHL, but I don't like their arena. I prefer to be able to be at the glass when I'm in the front row.

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

knownzero is offline Old Post 06-30-2004 04:17 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for knownzero Find more posts by knownzero Add knownzero to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
knownzero
Alive is pain

The only thing I miss from my days in Toledo was going to see the Toledo Storm (ECHL) back then. Cheap seats, cold beer and they were really good. Didn't see any IHL but would have given the opprotunity. Saw the Columbus Blue Jackets last year and if the tickets weren't free I wouldn't have paid for it. It was more a of a see and be seen crowd than actual hockey fans. And since we got the NHL team, the Columbus Storm went bye bye so no minor league games here either.

Saw Erin Whitten play as a goaltender for the Toledo Storm also when I was there, that's something you don't see in pro hockey!

Art is very often relegated to a small corner of this modern society. In doing so, many of the ties between art, life, and learning have been severed. Art is an integral part of the human experience. Whether it be formal or informal, the discovery of oneself through creation is something that everyone goes through in life. All the arts, not just the visual, provide the tools needed to make this self-discovery. To make art is to be alive. It is about living one's original ideas, rather than repeating those of others.

POST #8 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

testify4 is offline Old Post 06-30-2004 04:18 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for testify4 Visit testify4's homepage! Find more posts by testify4 Add testify4 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
testify4
Quad Damage

I still have my Minnesota Moose jersey!

POST #9 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

bsnelson is offline Old Post 06-30-2004 05:06 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for bsnelson Visit bsnelson's homepage! Find more posts by bsnelson Add bsnelson to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bsnelson
TiVo Forum Special Member

Never fear, the WHA is here!

Brad

(1) Samsung SIR4040R (35 hours)

POST #10 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged