TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Off Topic Areas (Non-TiVo) > Happy Hour - General Chit-Chat
>>> Nanny and House Keeper, going rates? <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
TIVOFREAK is offline Old Post 06-30-2004 04:45 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TIVOFREAK Find more posts by TIVOFREAK Add TIVOFREAK to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TIVOFREAK

Nanny and House Keeper, going rates?

My wife and I are thinking about getting a live in Nanny that will also do light cleaning. Anyone have any idea the going rates?

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dmlove51 is offline Old Post 06-30-2004 05:05 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for dmlove51 Find more posts by dmlove51 Add dmlove51 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dmlove51
Advanced Member

You'll have to tell us where - I think the going rate for a nanny in Manhattan might be a little higher than the going rate in Buffalo!

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

TIVOFREAK is offline Old Post 06-30-2004 05:09 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TIVOFREAK Find more posts by TIVOFREAK Add TIVOFREAK to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TIVOFREAK

Sorry about that, in Georgia.

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Sleestak is offline Old Post 06-30-2004 05:39 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Sleestak Find more posts by Sleestak Add Sleestak to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sleestak
Lizzard Member

The U.S. lets you hire a foreign student as an au pair, I believe the limit is one year. Dunno if it's a better deal though.

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

spartanstew is offline Old Post 06-30-2004 05:44 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for spartanstew Find more posts by spartanstew Add spartanstew to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
spartanstew
AKA WoohooStew

I keep telling my wife we should get a Swedish foreign student au pair, but she won't let me.

Stew

FREQUENT INQUIRIES:
YAMM: yet another meaningless milestone
SOAK: source of all knowledge
UMF: unseen mystical force
IBTL: in before the lock
curious about picture in picture on a directivo: DO A SEARCH FOR PIP
curious as to which universal remote is the best for tivo:DO A SEARCH FOR UNIVERSAL REMOTE.

Sony SAT-T60: DirecTiVo receiver - Modified to 228 Hours
Hughes HDVR2 Directv receiver with TiVo - Unmodified
Hughes HDVR2 Directv receiver with TiVo - Unmodified
Philips DSR7000 Directv receiver withTiVo- Unmodified
Samsung SIR-S4040R Directv receiver with TiVo - Unmodified

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jilter is offline Old Post 06-30-2004 06:11 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jilter Find more posts by jilter Add jilter to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jilter
Advanced Member

You have to decide if you want a nanny or a housekeeper. They are very different and very diff. pools from where to choose someone to work for you.
Finding someone who is excellent with your kids and willing to clean up consistently and well is a very hard bill to fill. Personally, I would try and find someone to care for your kids if that's what you need, and get someone to come in once or even twice a week to clean. Cleaning should run you 12-15.00 an hour. Live-in nanny 450.00-600.00 a week. IMHO...

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged