TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo UK
>>> "unexpected conflict" <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
mjk is offline Old Post 01-13-2003 06:52 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for mjk Find more posts by mjk Add mjk to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mjk
Lurker

"unexpected conflict"

I had a manual recording set for Radio 4's broadcast of The Subtle Knife on the Saturday Play. When I checked yesterday, it hadn't been recorded. Looking in the Recording History, it reported that it hadn't been recorded due to an "unexpected conflict with another program".

Does anyone have any idea as to what this means? I'm a bit confused as to haw an unexpected conflict can arise. TiVo did not record anything else in the timeslot.

Also, as TiVo recorded 2.5 hours of silence for Northern Lights last week, it hasn't been doing too well so far! (Although I probably blame this on a channel changing problem - sometimes changes involving radio stations on NTL digital go awry. I'll be moving soon, and probably changing to $ky, so things may be different then!)

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

DazBarber is offline Old Post 03-09-2003 05:13 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for DazBarber Visit DazBarber's homepage! Find more posts by DazBarber Add DazBarber to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DazBarber
Square-eyed member

I've had problems with "unexpected conflicts" too.

Last week I notced that something hadn't recorded and the history said it was due to the dreaded 'unexpected conflict'.

Yesterday I was looking through the recording history and noticed that 2 films I'd set last week to be recorded later on this week for my parents were no longer to be recorded due to an 'unexpected conflict with another programme'. But nothing else was due to record at the same time!

I checked the 'more recording options' boxes (or whatever its called) and set the recordings again, which TiVo accepted without question.

This morning I noticed that one of the films had gone from the ToDo list again for the same reason and have now set the recording up AGAIN!

What on earth is causing this message to appear?

Daz

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

GarySargent is offline Old Post 03-09-2003 05:25 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for GarySargent Visit GarySargent's homepage! Find more posts by GarySargent Add GarySargent to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GarySargent

Never seen that before - is your disc near full maybe?

http://www.tivobugs.co.uk » List of current bugs and problems.

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

DazBarber is offline Old Post 03-09-2003 05:29 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for DazBarber Visit DazBarber's homepage! Find more posts by DazBarber Add DazBarber to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DazBarber
Square-eyed member

No, there are a lot of suggestions in 'Now Playing'. At first I thought it may have had something to do with a rescheduled season pass programme taking over from the set recording but as nothing was/was to be recorded at that time, I'm flummoxed! When searching for an answer on the forum I expected to see lots of messages about this but was shocked to find just the one (the thread you're reading now).

Daz

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

GarySargent is offline Old Post 03-09-2003 05:33 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for GarySargent Visit GarySargent's homepage! Find more posts by GarySargent Add GarySargent to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GarySargent

From reading some US posts its possibly something to do with schedule changes causing changes to conflicts that were not present when you scheduled the recording. Doesn't seem to be any definitive answer though.

http://www.tivobugs.co.uk » List of current bugs and problems.

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

DazBarber is offline Old Post 03-09-2003 04:31 PM
DazBarber
Square-eyed member

Well, its done it again this morning. The programme in question is a film on Living+1 (Sky 113) at 10pm on Thursday called Crazy in Love (its for my parents, not me) which is to be recorded straight after the Thatcher programme, 9:00 - 10:00 on ITV1 (no clash). Once again this morning the showing of 'Crazy in Love' had been removed due to an unexpected conflict. I've restarted TiVo to see if that will stop it happening.

I'm not sure, but it seems to vanish from the ToDo list after TiVo has finished its post-phone call index.

Arrgh!

Daz

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

DazBarber is offline Old Post 03-09-2003 06:41 PM
DazBarber
Square-eyed member

Well, 2 hours later (and after a restart) and the programme has gone again!!

Maybe there's something wrong with the guide data?

Would anybody else like to try to set up a recording and see if it stays in the ToDo list?

"Crazy in Love", Living+1 (Channel 113), 10pm Thursday.

Daz

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Paj is offline Old Post 03-09-2003 10:59 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Paj Find more posts by Paj Add Paj to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Paj
Advanced Member

I've set this up. Let's see if it stays put.

blog, games & more at www.pagetworld.co.uk

POST #8 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

DazBarber is offline Old Post 03-14-2003 05:33 AM
DazBarber
Square-eyed member

Well, I got Crazy in Love to record by adding it to the ToDo list as a manual recording - it simply refused to stay put as a normal recording.

Has anyone had any thoughts on why this might be?

Daz

PS The minus point is that I missed the end of the Maggie Thatcher Documentary on ITV1 (again, for my parents) as it started 7 minutes late!!!! Bl**dy ITV!!!

POST #9 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Tony Hoyle is offline Old Post 03-14-2003 09:25 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Tony Hoyle Visit Tony Hoyle's homepage! Find more posts by Tony Hoyle Add Tony Hoyle to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tony Hoyle
Geek

I had something like that with a Lexx episode. It wouldn't record it as part of the season pass even though it was correctly listed as part of that pass. Oddly, it then went ahead and recorded it as a suggestion instead...

POST #10 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

steveroe is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 09:25 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for steveroe Find more posts by steveroe Add steveroe to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steveroe
Must do some work...

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but this has happened to me.

I setup a recording of the World Rally Highlights from ITV2 which is on Monday night/Tuesday morning (29/6 01:20).

Checked the recording history last night and it will not be recorded due to an unexpected conflict.

Selected more recording options, record this episode also and it added it with no complaints.

Checked again this morning and it had gone again, unexpected conflict. Bizarre.

Last edited by steveroe on 06-25-2004 at 09:34 PM

POST #11 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

DazBarber is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 09:48 PM
DazBarber
Square-eyed member

I noticed it again today but I think it appeared in the way it is supposed to work.

I had EastEnders set to record (on a SP) this eve at 7pm. The schedules were changed so that it is now being shown at 8pm. I had set up a manual recording at 8pm "just in case" this happened and TiVo weren't fast enough to react. Looking in recording history, I saw that EastEnders was no longer due to record due to an "unexpected conflict". I assume this means that the schedules were changed and the SP would now clash with my manual recording. The fact that the "unexpected conflict" message is able to appear when there is no such schedule change is baffling though.

Daz

POST #12 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged