TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Forum Extras > Forum Feedback
>>> Old threads that break new rules <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
TreborPugly is offline Old Post 03-20-2004 04:45 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TreborPugly Find more posts by TreborPugly Add TreborPugly to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TreborPugly
Unreal!

Old threads that break new rules

Can old threads that are revived (for whatever reason), and happen to break the new rules in happy hour just be locked, rather than deleted? Or threads that have lots of innocuous posts, but one or two people post something breaking the new rules, just have the items deleted, rather than the entire thread? It seems that threads are going missing with increasing frequency.

Thanks.

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dswallow is offline Old Post 03-20-2004 05:07 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for dswallow Visit dswallow's homepage! Find more posts by dswallow Add dswallow to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dswallow
+258PC

I second the request, and maybe you could just ban the people bumping such threads up if it seems they're doing so to be a nuisance. I'd hate to lose the historical discussion because of the actions of a few people who can't help but act a bit childish.

TiVo Community Forum Member Posting Statistics (updated daily)
List your local digital television broadcast stations by direction/distance
AVSForum Local HDTV Info & Reception index by DMA/City

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Rcrew is offline Old Post 03-20-2004 05:24 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Rcrew Find more posts by Rcrew Add Rcrew to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rcrew
TiVo Domo

It's probably not up for a vote.

But let me just add my voice to this request. Today was a difficult and disappointing day to me here. When a very simple, and singular post edit would have 'fixed' an issue, instead a heavy handed purge was done. And more than once.

At a loss for another description, I feel disenfranchised...

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Raj is offline Old Post 03-20-2004 06:13 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Raj Visit Raj's homepage! Find more posts by Raj Add Raj to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Raj
1.5kW of fun!

I kinda agree with this. Why even delete threads at all? To me the only reason to delete a thread was if it got really offensive (sex, race, religion, insulting etc) or if it was spam.

Unless of course it's in the interest of saving space (but wouldn't it get moved to the super secret mod area anyway?)

In memory of Ed Hopper -- 5130 --

I'm noticing more and more how my life is beginning to mirror Raj's....YIKES!! --disco

1x107hr Sony DirecTiVo
1x35hr Hughes HDVR2 DirecTV DVR powered by TiVo

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

David Bott is offline Old Post 03-20-2004 08:03 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for David Bott Visit David Bott's homepage! Find more posts by David Bott Add David Bott to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
David Bott
Administrator

Hi...It has not been brought to my attention this was happening. If old thread are being bumped up just to make for issues, surely I would care to suspend the person who chooses to do this. For more than likely, they knew what they where doing when they did bump it.

I will ask the mods to please look at this thread for this feedback but will not close this thread. Thanks.

Now Booking for Oct. 29th Sailing.

Click For More Information

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

justapixel is offline Old Post 03-20-2004 08:17 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for justapixel Find more posts by justapixel Add justapixel to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
justapixel
TiVo Mama

Thread read.

I think Mike moved a thread because people bumped it and tacked on a complaint about a member who just got banned. He moved it to the bad area, edited out some comments, both by moderators about what was happening, and by the users complaining. Then he put it back.

We moderators don't want to lose the history of this place any more than anybody else does.

I wish people wouldn't bump cherished old threads because they are mad at us, it changes the character of them.

I am getting the impression that people are upset today, but nobody ever PMs us to register a complaint or find out what is going on - or at least they don't contact me.

I'm eclectic.

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged