TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Forum Extras > Forum Feedback
>>> SpellCheck errors that aren't really errors? <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Chris Gerhard is offline Old Post 04-16-2004 06:35 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Chris Gerhard Find more posts by Chris Gerhard Add Chris Gerhard to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chris Gerhard
TiVo Forum Special Member

SpellCheck errors that aren't really errors?

Often when posting here I decide to check my spelling. If you read my posts you probably notice I don't do it most of the time since my posts frequently include spelling errors. When I do check my spelling, I notice some words are found by the spell checker to be wrong but as far as I know are actually correct so I leave them as is. Some of the words are in fact not really words but common initials or product names that should be added to this forums spelling dictionary as "TiVo" has. I apologize if this has been pointed out previously but I didn't find it. A paragraph that includes some common errors made in spell checking or at least points out additions I would like to see:

My equipment includes a multiswitch, in fact mutiswitches, firewire, Philips, Sony and Hughes TiVos and other PVRs or DVRs. PVR or DVR is the product we discuss online here. I agree Tivo should be flagged and not TiVo so obviously this spell checker has been customized to a degree. Run SpellCheck and my point will be proven.

Chris

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

David Bott is offline Old Post 04-16-2004 08:32 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for David Bott Visit David Bott's homepage! Find more posts by David Bott Add David Bott to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
David Bott
Administrator

We are limited to the number of words that can currently be added to the custom word list. Sorry.

Now Booking for Oct. 29th Sailing.

Click For More Information

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

star_treking is offline Old Post 04-19-2004 10:27 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for star_treking Find more posts by star_treking Add star_treking to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
star_treking

Is there a way for spell checker to ignore anything [bracketed]?

Last edited by star_treking on Today at 12:01 AM

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

David Bott is offline Old Post 04-19-2004 07:07 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for David Bott Visit David Bott's homepage! Find more posts by David Bott Add David Bott to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
David Bott
Administrator

Sorry, not without reprogramming.

Now Booking for Oct. 29th Sailing.

Click For More Information

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

mmascari is offline Old Post 04-19-2004 09:02 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for mmascari Find more posts by mmascari Add mmascari to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mmascari

This may help some people: http://www.iespell.com/

It only works with IE, but if that's what you use, it works well.

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged