TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Off Topic Areas (Non-TiVo) > UK General Chit-Chat
>>> Me on the Radio <<<

Pages (3): « Prev 1 [2] 3 Next »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
cwaring is offline Old Post 05-11-2004 11:33 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for cwaring Visit cwaring's homepage! Find more posts by cwaring Add cwaring to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cwaring
TiVo Forum Special Member

quote:
Originally posted by pgogborn
You have changed it, but I am not sure you have fixed it.

My guess is that the date should have been changed from May 10th to May 11th. However, what it actually has been changed to is May 12th.

The Tardis IS returning!

Hehe. I might play "The Timewarp" if I had it

Tivo User since April 2002
38h 'Best' Quality (120gb Upgrade)
Telewest Active Digital with Pace 1000 STB
My Personal Web Site / Unofficial Telewest Info Site / Tivo Manuals and TV Ads

POST #21 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

cwaring is offline Old Post 05-11-2004 11:34 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for cwaring Visit cwaring's homepage! Find more posts by cwaring Add cwaring to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cwaring

quote:
Originally posted by Regor
I definately remember hearing Bananarama too.

I now have do doubt you did. That will have been the auto-playout system as previously mentioned

Thanks for at least trying listen anyway

Next on: Tues @ 12pm, Thurs @ 1pm.

POST #22 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

pgogborn is offline Old Post 05-11-2004 11:48 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for pgogborn Find more posts by pgogborn Add pgogborn to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pgogborn

quote:
Originally posted by cwaring

Next on: Tues @ 12pm, Thurs @ 1pm.

Would that be the 20th May Thursday after the Tuesday coming up, or the Thursday coming up (ie 13th May)?

POST #23 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

cwaring is offline Old Post 05-12-2004 12:37 AM
cwaring

Sorry! 18th and 20th May.

POST #24 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

iankb is offline Old Post 05-12-2004 04:47 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for iankb Find more posts by iankb Add iankb to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
iankb

Is that this year or last year?

For gold text on leather in TiVoWeb, try the redbook, bluebook, greenbook and blackbook themes, now updated with button menus

POST #25 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

cwaring is offline Old Post 05-12-2004 05:00 AM
cwaring

OH GAWD!

POST #26 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

cwaring is offline Old Post 05-17-2004 06:30 PM
cwaring

BLATANT PLUG ALERT!

Don't forget! Definately on-air *this* Tuesday @ 12pm and Thursday @ 1pm. Technical problems now sorted thanks to a large hammer!

Would be nice to hear from you

Actually, while I'm here.....

Are there any classical music fans here? I was thinking of presenting an hour of classical music as this would certainly be unique for CMP if not most independent, small, internet radio stations. (ie barring Radio 3 and Classic FM!) and was just wondering whether it might be something people - ie fans of the genre - would be 'up for'; to use the vernacular

Last edited by cwaring on 05-17-2004 at 06:36 PM

POST #27 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

sanderton is offline Old Post 05-18-2004 02:44 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for sanderton Visit sanderton's homepage! Find more posts by sanderton Add sanderton to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sanderton
TiVoer since 11/2000

I didn't think Atomic Kitten and Brtney had recorded any classical?

Check out my hacks, including intelligent automatic padding, background re-prioritise Season Passes in TiVoWeb, make your TiVo send you a daily status e-mail, and other stuff we can't talk about on TC here TiVos: 110Gb + Sky + CacheCard, 160Gb + Freeview + CacheCard, 110Gb + just network (Turbonet & 802.11g)

POST #28 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

cwaring is offline Old Post 05-18-2004 03:55 PM
cwaring

Hehe! You don't think I could like both genres?

Had to study classical music for my 'A' level many moons ago. Okay, so I failed it 'cos of the practical but I still appreciate the music.

POST #29 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

mike0151 is offline Old Post 05-18-2004 05:57 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for mike0151 Visit mike0151's homepage! Find more posts by mike0151 Add mike0151 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mike0151
A Friend of Dot

Some of the earlier Moody Blues and Barclay James Harvest albums have a very classical feel to them - might be a good intro to a mix of classical tracks.

POST #30 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

cwaring is offline Old Post 05-18-2004 06:41 PM
cwaring

Maybe. Would be a totally seperate show, though. I would never mix the two

POST #31 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Regor is offline Old Post 05-18-2004 06:44 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Regor Visit Regor's homepage! Find more posts by Regor Add Regor to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Regor

Any technical hitches today carl ? All OK I hope.

Couldn't listen today but will do on Thu

POST #32 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

cwaring is offline Old Post 05-18-2004 07:38 PM
cwaring

Nope. Well, my mouth let me down occasionally and I pressed the wrong button once! Other than that, everthing went great, thanks

POST #33 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

iankb is offline Old Post 05-18-2004 09:53 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for iankb Find more posts by iankb Add iankb to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
iankb

quote:
I would never mix the two
I have a significant amount of classical stored with the rock on my iPod. Because I love listening to all those tracks that I'd forgotten about, I tend to play my iPod tracks totally randomly. A bit of Hendrix, a bit of Carmina Burana, followed by a little bit of Cream. Lovely.

For gold text on leather in TiVoWeb, try the redbook, bluebook, greenbook and blackbook themes, now updated with button menus

POST #34 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

cwaring is offline Old Post 05-18-2004 10:13 PM
cwaring

Don't think it would work on radio. Totally different presentation styles, for a start.

POST #35 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

pgogborn is offline Old Post 05-19-2004 12:04 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for pgogborn Find more posts by pgogborn Add pgogborn to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pgogborn

quote:
Don't think it would work on radio. Totally different presentation styles, for a start.

Think of it as a challenge, working out how to do something that has not been done before.

Talking of challenges, GarySargent's interests include "DJing". Perhaps he could sign up with cmp radio and throw his hat (he no longer seems to be wearing it) into the ring.
<Playground Chant>
Fight Fight Fight
</Playground Chant>

If there is not a k.o. we could run a poll to give a points decision

POST #36 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

sanderton is offline Old Post 05-19-2004 12:30 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sanderton Visit sanderton's homepage! Find more posts by sanderton Add sanderton to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sanderton
TiVoer since 11/2000

quote:
Originally posted by iankb
I have a significant amount of classical stored with the rock on my iPod. Because I love listening to all those tracks that I'd forgotten about, I tend to play my iPod tracks totally randomly. A bit of Hendrix, a bit of Carmina Burana, followed by a little bit of Cream. Lovely.

Interesting. I debated for ages before deciding not to put any of my classical CDs on the iPod because of the space they eat up. However borderline stuff like Philip Glass, Steve Reich and Micheal Nyman has gone on, so perhaps I should reconsider!

Check out my hacks, including intelligent automatic padding, background re-prioritise Season Passes in TiVoWeb, make your TiVo send you a daily status e-mail, and other stuff we can't talk about on TC here TiVos: 110Gb + Sky + CacheCard, 160Gb + Freeview + CacheCard, 110Gb + just network (Turbonet & 802.11g)

POST #37 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Regor is offline Old Post 05-20-2004 10:52 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Regor Visit Regor's homepage! Find more posts by Regor Add Regor to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Regor

Heard part of the show earlier. Sounded good! (especially without Manilow this time)

How many listeners do CMP Radio get?

POST #38 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

cwaring is offline Old Post 05-20-2004 11:29 PM
cwaring

Thank-you for listening, and your kind comments.

As a policy, CMP Radio don't release official listener figures so I have no idea. However, I'm not cynical enough to suggest that this means they don't actually have any (I'll leave that to people such as Mr Gogborn )

BTW, I'm on next Tuesday and Thursday (again!) at 11am on both days. Also, the latter show is going to be a "70's Special" and I'm looking for people to send in their best memories of that decade.

If anyone on here would like to do so, please use the following email address: studio@carlrichards.co.uk

Thanks.

POST #39 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

pgogborn is offline Old Post 05-21-2004 12:17 AM
pgogborn

quote:
As a policy, CMP Radio don't release official listener figures so I have no idea. However, I'm not cynical enough to suggest that this means they don't actually have any (I'll leave that to people such as Mr Gogborn )

BTW, I'm on next Tuesday and Thursday (again!) at 11am on both days.

Perhaps the viewing figures would be higher if you also promoted your slots in the chat section of the telewest forum that you have set up and are running - what have we done wrong to deserve such special treatment?

POST #40 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged