TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Off Topic Areas (Non-TiVo) > UK General Chit-Chat
>>> DoS logs on Firewall <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
mike0151 is offline Old Post 06-08-2004 06:15 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for mike0151 Visit mike0151's homepage! Find more posts by mike0151 Add mike0151 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mike0151
A Friend of Dot

DoS logs on Firewall

My router has a built in firewall and, having enabled DoS reports, I seem to be getting loads. Is there anywhere that I can report the IP addresses of these Dos attempts that would take action?

It seems to me that these DoS attempts are potentially harmful and so it would be nice to be able to get them stopped. Does anyone have any suggestions?

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

RobBellis is offline Old Post 06-08-2004 12:45 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for RobBellis Find more posts by RobBellis Add RobBellis to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RobBellis

Yes you can....You can trace the IP back to the provider and then notify their ISP

Personally though I would say it is a waste of time, this stuff is generated mainly by zombie PC's running portscanners etc.... The ISP won't do anything and there are far too many to spend time tracing them all down.

I suspect that you are also not being DoS attacked as your link would be unusable, this would probably be your router mis-reporting port-scanning, it happens to everybody, you just get use to it as a fact of life with DSL, the best part is that you have a firewall that is stopping it.

Rgds,

R.

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged