TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Off Topic Areas (Non-TiVo) > UK General Chit-Chat
>>> Question <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
nachonaco is offline Old Post 06-10-2004 08:45 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for nachonaco Visit nachonaco's homepage! Find more posts by nachonaco Add nachonaco to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nachonaco
Evil Teen Genius

Question

What is, exactly, a budgeriar?

I read HP5, and heard this being used....

Can someone please explain?

"Naco, you ARE evil!"-VTechDave
"Nacho is the quickest SOAK in the world."-heyitscory

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

sjp is offline Old Post 06-10-2004 12:18 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for sjp Find more posts by sjp Add sjp to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sjp
Advanced Member

i think you are referring to a "budgie" which is short for budgerigar. it is a small colourful bird that is ket as a pet over here, it may or may not speak if so inclined (and is encouraged/trained).

i've never thought about it but i've never seen or heard of a budgie being kept as a pet in the states and, as a kid, i visited every year from age 10 through 21. maybe yo uhave them, maybe you don't.

have a quick google for budgie +bird on UK sites and you'll find plenty of references and pics.

nice avatar, you been spirized?

ttfn

stuart

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

chrisd is offline Old Post 06-10-2004 03:27 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for chrisd Find more posts by chrisd Add chrisd to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chrisd
London

if you are really really interested, here's lots of info on them.

http://www.members.shaw.ca/budgieob...0a%20Budgie.htm

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

MartinBoakes is offline Old Post 06-10-2004 04:30 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for MartinBoakes Find more posts by MartinBoakes Add MartinBoakes to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MartinBoakes

Isn't it a dead Budgie that Jeff Daniels gives the blind boy in Dumb and Dumber?

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

nachonaco is offline Old Post 06-10-2004 07:35 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for nachonaco Visit nachonaco's homepage! Find more posts by nachonaco Add nachonaco to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nachonaco
Evil Teen Genius

No, jradosh did this.

Thanks guys!

"Naco, you ARE evil!"-VTechDave
"Nacho is the quickest SOAK in the world."-heyitscory

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged