TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > HDTV TiVo Powered PVRs
>>> So where are the engineers on the HD-Net Audio Loss Issue? <<<

Pages (2): « Prev 1 [2]  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Cody21 is offline Old Post 06-30-2004 12:33 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Cody21 Find more posts by Cody21 Add Cody21 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cody21

I was just WATCHING live HDNET the other day. The sound went away. I left it like that for 15 mins just to see if it would come back. It never did until I switched to another station and back to HDNET - it was back. This never happened with my HUGHES E86.

POST #21 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

turls is offline Old Post 06-30-2004 12:36 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for turls Find more posts by turls Add turls to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
turls
Advanced Member

Here's my e-mail I just sent from their "contact us" page:

I have two issues with my new HR10-250 DirecTV Tivo HD receiver that according to tivocommunity.com, are widespread and are not defects with my setup or with my equipment.

#1) Video dropouts--during recordings the screen will go black for about 1-2 seconds while the audio continues to play. This will happen numerous times during a movie for example. I believe the latest I've heard about this is that it has something to do with compression that DirecTV uses. I have now spent almost $2000 on DirecTV equipment in the past two years and DirecTV has still not fixed this issue.

#2) this issue is specific to the HDTivo and HDNet--sometimes recordings are ruined because the audio drops off and never comes back. Now I have to check the end of recordings before I start watching to see if the recording is no good before I waste my time watching it.

I believe it is only fair to ask for suspension of my $11 fee per month for HD content until these issues are completely resolved.

Please consider this, and let me know ASAP. I should not need to discuss this with you as I have given you all necessary details but if necessary please contact me by e-mail.

There are many other satellite options for HD and I feel I have given DirecTV more than enough time to correct these issues.

POST #22 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

scooby2 is offline Old Post 06-30-2004 01:05 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for scooby2 Find more posts by scooby2 Add scooby2 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
scooby2
Paradigm Lover

quote:
Originally posted by turls
Here's my e-mail I just sent from their "contact us" page:

I have two issues with my new HR10-250 DirecTV Tivo HD receiver that according to tivocommunity.com, are widespread and are not defects with my setup or with my equipment.

#1) Video dropouts--during recordings the screen will go black for about 1-2 seconds while the audio continues to play. This will happen numerous times during a movie for example. I believe the latest I've heard about this is that it has something to do with compression that DirecTV uses. I have now spent almost $2000 on DirecTV equipment in the past two years and DirecTV has still not fixed this issue.

#2) this issue is specific to the HDTivo and HDNet--sometimes recordings are ruined because the audio drops off and never comes back. Now I have to check the end of recordings before I start watching to see if the recording is no good before I waste my time watching it.

I believe it is only fair to ask for suspension of my $11 fee per month for HD content until these issues are completely resolved.

Please consider this, and let me know ASAP. I should not need to discuss this with you as I have given you all necessary details but if necessary please contact me by e-mail.

There are many other satellite options for HD and I feel I have given DirecTV more than enough time to correct these issues.

Please let us know how this goes.

POST #23 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

richierich is offline Old Post 06-30-2004 02:39 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for richierich Find more posts by richierich Add richierich to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
richierich

I understand from Robert at VE that the fix will be released in the July-August time frame.

POST #24 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged