TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo UK
>>> What is the best indoor TV aerial? <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
MarkH is offline Old Post 06-24-2004 01:53 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for MarkH Find more posts by MarkH Add MarkH to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MarkH

What is the best indoor TV aerial?

I know I need an outdoor one, but I live in a block of flats and it ain't allowed!!!!

So has anyone any brand recommendations?

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Ian_m is offline Old Post 06-24-2004 02:47 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ian_m Find more posts by Ian_m Add Ian_m to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ian_m

As a student after faffing with various aerials from Argos (and taking them back) I can report the following:-

- Most are no better then say just connecting the centre core of the coax to a piece of single core wire tapes to wall, windows, ceiling (experiment to see, can work surprisingly well.
- All suffer from very low signal strength with associated snowy picture.
- All suffer when people move in the room or occupy certain seats.
- When leaves appear on trees or it rains picture gets worse.
- Best one I found was one that took a PP3 and had two circular hoops, when placed on wardrobe get a good picture, unaffected by people in the room. Problem was you had to turn it on (a touch swicth) and then it only stayed on for a couple of hours.

Finally bought a 14 (or 18 element) aerial from a cheapy electrical shop for a couple of quid, placed on top of wardrobe, pointing in same direction as other peoples aerials and got a superb picture.

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Fred1 is offline Old Post 06-24-2004 03:07 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Fred1 Find more posts by Fred1 Add Fred1 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Fred1

The best one I ever had was a flat panel thing that had an amplifier with mains adaptor. I cant remember what it was called but you still see them about.

It was so good I could pick up OnDigital so it should be ok for freeview (depending on availability of course)

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

bradleyem is offline Old Post 06-24-2004 05:45 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for bradleyem Visit bradleyem's homepage! Find more posts by bradleyem Add bradleyem to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bradleyem

I used to have one of the amplified superloop aerials (two single hard loops parallel to each other). was good enough to pick up Ondigital, although not all of the MUXs at the same time.

I actually found it was better with digital pictures, as it was crisp, and the analog picture was still snowy.

Cachecard to be added :)

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

johala_reewi is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 06:00 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for johala_reewi Find more posts by johala_reewi Add johala_reewi to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
johala_reewi

As well as using an outdoor aerial indoors, you could try a televes indoor aerial. I use the 1331c indoors.

http://www.televes.com/ingles/produ...tos.asp?COD=237

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Sneals2000 is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 06:26 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Sneals2000 Find more posts by Sneals2000 Add Sneals2000 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sneals2000

I have had good experiences with the Antiference Silver Sensor set top aerial and a booster. This has provided decent reception of all 6 muxes from Crystal Palace on the edge of its coverage area. It IS quite directional and took quite a lot of "tweaking" to get the orientation right. It provides excellent analogue pictures from CP - but I am quite high up so probably don't have any real ghosting/multi-path issues to worry about.

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged