TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo UK
>>> Schedule error BBC1 EMids tonight <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
clayts is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 11:42 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for clayts Visit clayts's homepage! Find more posts by clayts Add clayts to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
clayts

[NOW FIXED]Schedule error BBC1 EMids tonight

BBC1 E Mids/W Mids both showing that Match of the Day is on - the football is on ITV tonight.

BBC1 listing should be :

7pm Question of Sport
7.30 TOTP
8.00 Eastenders
8.30 Dalziel and Pascoe
10.00 As listing
10.35 Jim Davidson
11.15 Match of the Day
11.55 BLack Dog
1.25 Space Truckers
2.25 Match of the Day
4.30 to 6am News 24

ITV Central should be :

7.00 Emerdale
7.30 Euro 2004
10.00 Fantasy Football
10.30 News
11.00 Taxi Nights
11.35 World's Scariest Ghosts
12.30 Fantasy Football
1.00 Euro 2004
2.55 Entertainment UK
3.20 cd:UK
3.45 Ocean Colour Scene In Profile
4.15 Cybernet
4.40 to 5.30 Nightscreen

Last edited by clayts on 06-26-2004 at 07:15 AM

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ozsat is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 11:53 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ozsat Find more posts by ozsat Add ozsat to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ozsat
Very Nice Moderator

When was the last time your daily call suceeded?

The TiVo schedules hereare correct for BBC1 East and West Midlands.

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

clayts is offline Old Post 06-26-2004 12:23 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for clayts Visit clayts's homepage! Find more posts by clayts Add clayts to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
clayts

Hmm - 2.13 am today (goes off to make another daily call...)

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

AMGS is offline Old Post 06-26-2004 02:05 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for AMGS Find more posts by AMGS Add AMGS to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AMGS

I moved over here from another thread - sorry for duplicating this discussion. The Tivo schedules for tonight on ITV are certainly wrong, but my Sunday Times magazine from last Sunday, 5 days ago, is correct - and my Tivo has been making its daily call each night and the call succeeded last night. Why are Tivo schedules 5 days behind the newspapers? My perception is similar to the tone of other remarks elsewhere on this board, which is that the frequency of schedule errors seems to be rising as time goes on.

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

cwaring is offline Old Post 06-26-2004 02:25 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for cwaring Visit cwaring's homepage! Find more posts by cwaring Add cwaring to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cwaring
TiVo Forum Special Member

quote:
Originally posted by clayts
Hmm - 2.13 am today (goes off to make another daily call...)

Just checked mine and it shows the correct ITV1 schedule. As my last daily call was this morning @ 6:43am, I assume the schedule was updated some time between yours and mine, clayts. Unfortunate, but it happens, I guess

Tivo User since April 2002
38h 'Best' Quality (120gb Upgrade)
Telewest Active Digital with Pace 1000 STB
My Personal Web Site / Unofficial Telewest Info Site / Tivo Manuals and TV Ads

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

clayts is offline Old Post 06-26-2004 07:14 AM
clayts

Yup, after the update at 7.15 pm all was well with clayts world again

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ozsat is offline Old Post 06-26-2004 09:04 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ozsat Find more posts by ozsat Add ozsat to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ozsat
Very Nice Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by AMGS
I moved over here from another thread - sorry for duplicating this discussion. The Tivo schedules for tonight on ITV are certainly wrong, but my Sunday Times magazine from last Sunday, 5 days ago, is correct - and my Tivo has been making its daily call each night and the call succeeded last night. Why are Tivo schedules 5 days behind the newspapers? My perception is similar to the tone of other remarks elsewhere on this board, which is that the frequency of schedule errors seems to be rising as time goes on.
The Times listings were likely to be a guess.

For Thursday to Sunday night - BBC1 and ITV1 both published two lots of schedules. One with football and one without football.

Some listings decided the football was more important and so always carried the football versions - ie: Digiguide and TiVo.

Some had a guess at who would show the football - so I expect some had football on ITV and regular programmes on BBC - and so were both wrong.

The BBC did not pick their second game until Wednesday - so for Friday, Saturday and Sunday - until Wednesday it was not known which version of the schedule was being used.

Radio Times carried both versions for both channels (I think).

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Zaichik is offline Old Post 06-28-2004 04:17 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Zaichik Find more posts by Zaichik Add Zaichik to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zaichik

The same issue occurred in the south and was not corrected. TiVo missed Eastenders on Friday because it thought it was on at 7pm. So, I thought I would redeem myself by recording the last half hour of the omnibus on Sunday (missed the BBC3 repeat), only to find (when I played it back) that it had been running half an hour late, so we got Thursday's episode again! Doh!

POST #8 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

woody is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 01:09 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for woody Find more posts by woody Add woody to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
woody
TiVo Forum Special Member

you better check tonights episide then, as its not shown on the sky planner for BBC1 anymore.

Have to record it from BBC3. Sodding sport

One For All URC7562, skyeye T-IR reddot remover

POST #9 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Zaichik is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 05:10 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Zaichik Find more posts by Zaichik Add Zaichik to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zaichik

Don't worry, I made sure I checked last night's episode in plenty of time to catch the BBC 3 repeat!

POST #10 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged