TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > HDTV TiVo Powered PVRs
>>> UPS *LOST* My CC HR10-250! ARRRGG! <<<

Pages (3): [1] 2 3 Next »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
ohioindy is offline Old Post 06-26-2004 12:25 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ohioindy Find more posts by ohioindy Add ohioindy to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ohioindy

UPS *LOST* My CC HR10-250! ARRRGG!

I was lucky enough get in on the Circuit City window on 6/18. Once my UPS tracking information was sent on Monday (6/21), I canceled my pre-orders from other vendors. The unit was coming from Earth City, MO and scheduled to be delivered on 6/23. I waited all day and it never arrived. That night I checked the tracking information again on their website and it was listed as EXCEPTION/FALLOUT/MERCHANDISE MISSING/CARTON DISCARDED.

I immediately called UPS and they told me the package would not be arriving and I should contact Circuit City. Circuit City told me that they are going to re-ship, however, since these are in stock so infrequently I guess I'd be better off to continue to try my luck with the CC Window again.

Any suggestions? Has anyone else had a package "lost" by UPS only 50 miles from its destination? This one was lost in Middleburg Heights, OH. I am still SO ANGRY! I should be enjoying it right now but instead am back to square one.

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Mike Lang is offline Old Post 06-26-2004 12:27 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Mike Lang Find more posts by Mike Lang Add Mike Lang to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mike Lang
Super Moderator

I know a guy who has one he can sell you that "fell off a truck".

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

marcello696 is offline Old Post 06-26-2004 12:28 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for marcello696 Find more posts by marcello696 Add marcello696 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
marcello696

Oh man sorry to hear this Seems to me that somebody at UPS knew what was in the box and your unit "fell off the truck"

I hear of this practice happening alot with high end equipment

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Kamakzie is offline Old Post 06-26-2004 12:33 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Kamakzie Find more posts by Kamakzie Add Kamakzie to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kamakzie
TiVo Forum Special Member

So someone at UPS steals it??

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Mike Lang is offline Old Post 06-26-2004 12:36 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Mike Lang Find more posts by Mike Lang Add Mike Lang to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mike Lang
Super Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Kamakzie

This is why UPS stopped doing firearms, they seemed to vanish a lot.

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Bill Broderick is offline Old Post 06-26-2004 12:52 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Bill Broderick Find more posts by Bill Broderick Add Bill Broderick to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bill Broderick

This is why it is so stupid of CC to ship these units in their original cartons without an outer box. I know that they are double boxing from some locations, but mine came with no double box.

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

brentley is offline Old Post 06-26-2004 12:59 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for brentley Find more posts by brentley Add brentley to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
brentley

Since this is the first instance of a HD Tivo going missing in UPS I am not sure that the added expense of double boxing (materials, shipping costs and labor) would justify the added cost. They most likely did a cost benefit analysis and said it is cheaper in the long run not to double box.

Now the fact that it happened really sucks, but I have a feeling that CC will be able to come up with a replacement unit for you.

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Cody21 is offline Old Post 06-26-2004 01:00 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Cody21 Find more posts by Cody21 Add Cody21 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cody21

Now you got me nervous ! Mine also shipped like your's did on 6/21 .. due to arrive TODAY ...

POST #8 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

gr8reb8 is offline Old Post 06-26-2004 01:11 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for gr8reb8 Find more posts by gr8reb8 Add gr8reb8 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gr8reb8
Looking for deals.

I also got in on the CC 6/18 window. Mine WAS double boxed.

POST #9 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

TexasRanger74 is offline Old Post 06-26-2004 01:13 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TexasRanger74 Find more posts by TexasRanger74 Add TexasRanger74 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TexasRanger74

quote:
Originally posted by brentley
Since this is the first instance of a HD Tivo going missing in UPS I am not sure that the added expense of double boxing (materials, shipping costs and labor) would justify the added cost. They most likely did a cost benefit analysis and said it is cheaper in the long run not to double box.

Now the fact that it happened really sucks, but I have a feeling that CC will be able to come up with a replacement unit for you.

how do you know that this is the first instance of an hd tivo going missing by ups? granted, it's the first one that has been reported on this forum, but unless you work for ups and have the stats on that, you can't really say that it's truly the first hd tivo unit that has gone missing.

I think they should come up with something to cover the inner box to at least not be so blatant as to what is inside.

I think if I was manufacturing these things, I would just manufacture them in plain brown boxes. who really gives a crap what the box looks like anyway? buyers aren't going to be influenced by the appearance of the box that holds the receiver.

POST #10 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Chris Gerhard is offline Old Post 06-26-2004 01:13 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Chris Gerhard Find more posts by Chris Gerhard Add Chris Gerhard to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chris Gerhard

quote:
Originally posted by Kamakzie

I doubt that a UPS employee is the thief here but most likely someone ripped it off from UPS when a driver was away from his truck delivering a box. UPS knows whether it was lost after being loaded on the truck or lost at a distribution center. This is not as uncommon as you might think. UPS seems to have this happen more often than the USPS or FedEx. I would like to read the tracking information to give a guess.

Chris

POST #11 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

brentley is offline Old Post 06-26-2004 01:39 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for brentley Find more posts by brentley Add brentley to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
brentley

quote:
Originally posted by TexasRanger74
how do you know that this is the first instance of an hd tivo going missing by ups? granted, it's the first one that has been reported on this forum, but unless you work for ups and have the stats on that, you can't really say that it's truly the first hd tivo unit that has gone missing.

My screwup I should have added,
"that has been reported here"

POST #12 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

brentley is offline Old Post 06-26-2004 01:41 AM
brentley

quote:
Originally posted by TexasRanger74

I think if I was manufacturing these things, I would just manufacture them in plain brown boxes. who really gives a crap what the box looks like anyway? buyers aren't going to be influenced by the appearance of the box that holds the receiver.

At retail, where many of these things get sold, boxes do make a large difference. Shelf appeal is an important thing in retail.

POST #13 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ohioindy is offline Old Post 06-26-2004 01:49 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ohioindy Find more posts by ohioindy Add ohioindy to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ohioindy

Here's my tracking number (guess it doesn't matter NOW!)

You can check out the "details" of this lost shipment on the UPS web site.

** TRACKING NUMBER REMOVED **

The customer service rep at Circuit City doesn't seem to understand that these are very hard to find. She told me "we will reship within 5-7 day... if it is not available for shipment, the order will be canceled". They were very friendly but my credit card still shows the charge! This had better not fall back into my lap. I guess I'll just wait and see if they really do have a replacement available.

Does anyone really thing they have a few extra units sitting around "just in case"? I doubt it.. but I'll give them a chance.

Last edited by ohioindy on 06-26-2004 at 05:46 AM

POST #14 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

videoholic is offline Old Post 06-26-2004 02:00 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for videoholic Find more posts by videoholic Add videoholic to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
videoholic

I'd blame it on Robert at VE.

POST #15 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

The Crane is offline Old Post 06-26-2004 02:08 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for The Crane Find more posts by The Crane Add The Crane to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The Crane

It appears to never have been loaded onto the truck. I would call UPS and tell them to put a trace on the package. It takes a long time, but we used to sell high end sporting goods online and we had a handful of packages that were lost we eventually found with the tracer. CC will have to run a trace to utilize the insurance on the package...hopefully they insured it or CC will be getting $100 back from UPS for this missing item.

POST #16 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Kamakzie is offline Old Post 06-26-2004 02:13 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Kamakzie Find more posts by Kamakzie Add Kamakzie to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kamakzie

Man that really sucks. It fell out of his truck right into the UPS drivers home. j/k

POST #17 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

The Crane is offline Old Post 06-26-2004 02:14 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for The Crane Find more posts by The Crane Add The Crane to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The Crane

Oh and to back CC...my HDTIVO was double boxed.

POST #18 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Starrbuck is offline Old Post 06-26-2004 02:24 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Starrbuck Find more posts by Starrbuck Add Starrbuck to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Starrbuck

quote:
Originally posted by videoholic
I'd blame it on Robert at VE.
Of course, everything else is his fault.

POST #19 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

TexasRanger74 is offline Old Post 06-26-2004 02:25 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TexasRanger74 Find more posts by TexasRanger74 Add TexasRanger74 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TexasRanger74

quote:
Originally posted by brentley
At retail, where many of these things get sold, boxes do make a large difference. Shelf appeal is an important thing in retail.

not necessarily. how many people bought the units on here as a pre-order without even knowing or caring what the box looked like that it comes in. my point was, if the item is a strong enough item, with enough demand, it won't matter what it's boxed in. at ultimate electronics, they don't even display the boxes... they're back in the warehouse.. so you wouldn't know what the box looked like before you purchased it. they seem to have no trouble selling items, even though the boxes aren't present. that's my point. yes, you can have a $3.00 bar of soap that is boxed with a better design and may sell better because of it, but for a $1000 item, you're not going to buy based on what the box looks like... lol

POST #20 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged