TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > HDTV TiVo Powered PVRs
>>> UPS *LOST* My CC HR10-250! ARRRGG! <<<

Pages (3): « Prev 1 [2] 3 Next »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Dean Martin is offline Old Post 06-26-2004 02:31 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Dean Martin Find more posts by Dean Martin Add Dean Martin to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dean Martin

Mine was double bixed as well.

POST #21 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

aejanis is offline Old Post 06-26-2004 02:41 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for aejanis Find more posts by aejanis Add aejanis to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aejanis
Advanced Member

It could also be that the box was destroyed and they are not going to bother delivering it.

FALLOUT/MERCHANDISE MISSING could indicate that the box fell apart and stuff fell out and they lost/damage some of the contents.

Don't blame theft, it could be that a truck backed up over the thing.

POST #22 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

aejanis is offline Old Post 06-26-2004 02:45 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for aejanis Find more posts by aejanis Add aejanis to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aejanis
Advanced Member

quote:
Originally posted by TexasRanger74
not necessarily. how many people bought the units on here as a pre-order without even knowing or caring what the box looked like that it comes in. my point was, if the item is a strong enough item, with enough demand, it won't matter what it's boxed in. at ultimate electronics, they don't even display the boxes... they're back in the warehouse.. so you wouldn't know what the box looked like before you purchased it. they seem to have no trouble selling items, even though the boxes aren't present. that's my point. yes, you can have a $3.00 bar of soap that is boxed with a better design and may sell better because of it, but for a $1000 item, you're not going to buy based on what the box looks like... lol

I remember people going nuts over the initial pictures of the box that was thought to be taken with a camera phone @ a Directv Corp Office. People do care what the box looks like. McDonald's spends TONS of money designing the cup that you drink your Coke out of. It is not something that you think about "actively". Yes, the way the cup @ McD's looks does effect your overall experience...you might not "actively" feel it helping your overall experience, but it does. You don't care what it looks like, you don't base your purchace on the look of the cup...but when it is delivered your brain takes note of it.

POST #23 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Kamakzie is offline Old Post 06-26-2004 02:45 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Kamakzie Find more posts by Kamakzie Add Kamakzie to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kamakzie
TiVo Forum Special Member

LOL... I guess a box could deteriorate, it is conceivable.

quote:
Originally posted by aejanis
It could also be that the box was destroyed and they are not going to bother delivering it.

FALLOUT/MERCHANDISE MISSING could indicate that the box fell apart and stuff fell out and they lost/damage some of the contents.

Don't blame theft, it could be that a truck backed up over the thing.

POST #24 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

TexasRanger74 is offline Old Post 06-26-2004 03:36 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TexasRanger74 Find more posts by TexasRanger74 Add TexasRanger74 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TexasRanger74

quote:
Originally posted by aejanis
I remember people going nuts over the initial pictures of the box that was thought to be taken with a camera phone @ a Directv Corp Office. People do care what the box looks like. McDonald's spends TONS of money designing the cup that you drink your Coke out of. It is not something that you think about "actively". Yes, the way the cup @ McD's looks does effect your overall experience...you might not "actively" feel it helping your overall experience, but it does. You don't care what it looks like, you don't base your purchace on the look of the cup...but when it is delivered your brain takes note of it.

mcdonald's cups designs are quite different than hd tivo box design. there were MANY MANY people who pre-ordered on here because of the features of the unit, not because of the design of the box. as I said, small dollar items it may be feasible to make the design important. on a mcdonald's coke cup, you are drinking out of that cup, so it has a direct impact to the customer. you're not using this box to receive hd programming. most people only care about the performance of the RECEIVER itself. again, talking cups to this is two totally different things. there is a time and place for design on items/boxes. take a poll and find out how much the box design factored into people's purchasing of the HDTIVO and let me know how that turns out. people were likely going nuts over the fact that the item was closer to rolling out onto the market, not the fact that someone took a picture of the box and the box design got everyone all worked up. I can't think of a time when I've gotten giddy over the design on a box.

POST #25 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

SteveHoltam is offline Old Post 06-26-2004 03:37 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for SteveHoltam Find more posts by SteveHoltam Add SteveHoltam to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SteveHoltam

We dont know if this lost unit was double boxed or not. So speculation either was is purely that.

Steve

POST #26 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Kamakzie is offline Old Post 06-26-2004 03:56 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Kamakzie Find more posts by Kamakzie Add Kamakzie to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kamakzie

I could of cared less what the Box looked like. I basically opened the box took out the Tivo and threw the box in a safe place in case I need it later.

Last edited by Kamakzie on 06-26-2004 at 04:09 AM

POST #27 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

slocko is offline Old Post 06-26-2004 04:01 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for slocko Find more posts by slocko Add slocko to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
slocko
Advanced Member

Yep. Ever since he sent that HD-Tivo a few months ago, I can get off the couch. damn that man!!!!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Starrbuck
Of course, everything else is his fault.

POST #28 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ShiningBengal is offline Old Post 06-26-2004 04:25 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ShiningBengal Find more posts by ShiningBengal Add ShiningBengal to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ShiningBengal
Curmudgeon Emeritus

Re: Here's my tracking number (guess it doesn't matter NOW!)

quote:
Originally posted by ohioindy
You can check out the "details" of this lost shipment on the UPS web site.

The customer service rep at Circuit City doesn't seem to understand that these are very hard to find. She told me "we will reship within 5-7 day... if it is not available for shipment, the order will be canceled". They were very friendly but my credit card still shows the charge! This had better not fall back into my lap. I guess I'll just wait and see if they really do have a replacement available.

Does anyone really thing they have a few extra units sitting around "just in case"? I doubt it.. but I'll give them a chance.

When you use UPS's tracking site, you must agree to it's use policy, which clearly states it is only for the shipper and consignee's use. Part of that policy is being violated by your post:

"Without limitation, you are not authorized to make the Information available on any web site."

The UPS Police are gonna get ya!!

Last edited by ShiningBengal on 06-26-2004 at 06:45 PM

POST #29 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

smak is offline Old Post 06-26-2004 04:36 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for smak Find more posts by smak Add smak to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
smak
new glossy edition

People do care about the box that their tivo's come in.

The box, however, is the hardware shell that the components come in, not the cardboard box.

You might as well have a box that shows

$1000 product inside!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

These should definately be double boxed.

-smak-

1. Buy
2. Complain
3. Research
4. Apologize

Come visit us at TC Poker Community

www.tcpokercommunity.com

POST #30 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Chris Gerhard is offline Old Post 06-26-2004 05:28 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Chris Gerhard Find more posts by Chris Gerhard Add Chris Gerhard to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chris Gerhard

Re: Re: Here's my tracking number (guess it doesn't matter NOW!)

quote:
Originally posted by ShiningBengal
When you use UPS's tracking site, you must agree to it's use policy, which clearly states it is only for the shipper and consignee's use. Part of that policy is being violated by your post:

"Without limitation, you are not authorized to make the Information available on any web site."

The UPS Police are gonna get ya!!

You might want to get the information out of your post as well, ShiningBengal. This box or its contents or both were likely destroyed by UPS. Whether it fell off a conveyor belt or was crushed by a forklift or something similar is anybody's guess at this point. I shipped 350 VCRs back in 95 to 96 and had this happen a few times. UPS made good on every screw up, without fail and usually in a very timely manner. On a couple of occasions, I got calls from customers with information that UPS had destroyed the box and VCR and then tried to deliver it although with a sticker stating the box had been damaged by UPS.

As rare as these things are, it is sad to see one be lost.

Chris

POST #31 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

turls is offline Old Post 06-26-2004 08:28 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for turls Find more posts by turls Add turls to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
turls
Advanced Member

Hindsight being 20/20, why would you have cancelled the other orders before it was in your hands and verified not DOA?

POST #32 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

aaronwt is offline Old Post 06-26-2004 10:21 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for aaronwt Visit aaronwt's homepage! Find more posts by aaronwt Add aaronwt to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aaronwt
Advanced Member

When I took one look at the TiVo box I said "This things going back, I'm not opening this box with the crappy pictures on it"

POST #33 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ShiningBengal is offline Old Post 06-26-2004 06:48 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ShiningBengal Find more posts by ShiningBengal Add ShiningBengal to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ShiningBengal
Curmudgeon Emeritus

Re: Re: Re: Here's my tracking number (guess it doesn't matter NOW!)

quote:
Originally posted by Chris Gerhard
You might want to get the information out of your post as well, ShiningBengal.
Chris

Oops! Done. Hope the UPS police don't come after me as an accessory after the fact!!

POST #34 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ohioindy is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 03:56 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ohioindy Find more posts by ohioindy Add ohioindy to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ohioindy

Well, it looks like Circuit City is doing something about the lost unit! I just called and they gave me a FED EX tracking number for my new HR10250 which was sent today via FedEx overnight standard. I should be enjoying it tomorrow night and I can't wait! This one is coming from Marion, IL.

POST #35 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Kamakzie is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 04:02 AM
Kamakzie

Congratulations, you are going to love it!

quote:
Originally posted by ohioindy
Well, it looks like Circuit City is doing something about the lost unit! I just called and they gave me a FED EX tracking number for my new HR10250 which was sent today via FedEx overnight standard. I should be enjoying it tomorrow night and I can't wait! This one is coming from Marion, IL.

POST #36 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

brahamt is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 10:02 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for brahamt Find more posts by brahamt Add brahamt to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
brahamt
Advanced Member

Everytime my eyes pass over this thread I get real sad. I am not overly empathic, but that just hurts.

I am glad that it seems to be working out for one of you.

Hughes HDVR2Upgraded to 70 Hours
brahamt@yahoo.com
Thierry J. Braham
Focus your mind, focus your mind...
--------------------------------------

POST #37 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Crash_Corrigan is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 10:28 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crash_Corrigan Find more posts by Crash_Corrigan Add Crash_Corrigan to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crash_Corrigan

I ordered online from CC in May. I just happened to catch one of their open windows and got one. Opted for standard shipping. Bad choice. FedEx Ground's terminal here in St. Louis misplaced my HDTivo for a couple days. Fortunately they did find it and I got mine only a couple days late. I expected to have it on a Friday and it arrived in St. Louis on that Friday but I couldn't get it until Tuesday because they couldn't find it.

I was very surprised that CC didn't double box this $1K piece of hardware. I'd never received a piece of electronic gear that I'd ordered online or by catalog that hadn't been doubleboxed...from a $1,500 computer to a $600 monitor to a $200 CD plyer to a $80 VCR.

When I picked mine up at the FedEx Ground terminal and saw that it wasn't doubleboxed and that it had HD DVR plastered all over all 4 sides of th box, I was almost surprised that someone hadn't stolen it.

POST #38 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

thegeek is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 11:43 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for thegeek Find more posts by thegeek Add thegeek to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thegeek

You guys are so unimaginative. Doesn't CC record the serial number of the device for the DirecTV signup requirement? Heh heh heh....

POST #39 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Crash_Corrigan is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 11:52 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crash_Corrigan Find more posts by Crash_Corrigan Add Crash_Corrigan to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crash_Corrigan

As limited as the supply of HDTivos was in May, if one had gotten stolen or damaged in transit, there was no telling when CC or anyone else might get you a replacement.

POST #40 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged