TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Off Topic Areas (Non-TiVo) > Happy Hour - General Chit-Chat
>>> Loews Reserved Seating <<<

Pages (5): [1] 2 3 4 Next » ... Last »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
BOARshevik is offline Old Post 06-27-2004 01:53 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for BOARshevik Visit BOARshevik's homepage! Find more posts by BOARshevik Add BOARshevik to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BOARshevik
OINK!

Loews Reserved Seating

Has anyone tried reserved seating at Loews theaters? Is it worth the extra $5?

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

danielhart is offline Old Post 06-27-2004 03:43 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for danielhart Find more posts by danielhart Add danielhart to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
danielhart
Searchlight Casting

The Cinerama/Dome Arclight Cinemas in Hollywood are all reserved seating. It's about the only place I go now for a film. You can go online anytime before you want to see a movie and click, buy, and print your seats, as well as pick location. Then you can show up 5 minutes before the flick begins and just walk right in and your seats are waiting for you. Plus it's all stadium seating with the big, comfy seats. No more worries about getting to the theater early, waiting in line to get a good center seat and then some really tall schmo with a big hairdo shows up and blocks your view of the screen. It's really great when a big movie is coming out, you can go online way in advance and get great seats reserved for the opening night. No worries about movies being sold out by the time you get to the theatre. Well worth the extra couple of bucks to me.

There is a film I am going to see tonight that has had every screen at this theater sold out since it opened yesterday. But I have great center seats for the 7:45 pm performance that I bought in advance online a week ago.

daniel

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

farleyruskz is offline Old Post 06-27-2004 08:31 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for farleyruskz Find more posts by farleyruskz Add farleyruskz to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
farleyruskz
Nunya

I did this once at Loews...it certainly was roomy and very comfortable, and was a fun thing to try, but I don't think it's worth the extra $5, and don't plan to do it again anytime soon.

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

David Platt is offline Old Post 06-27-2004 08:54 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for David Platt Find more posts by David Platt Add David Platt to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
David Platt
Circa 1974

I've got to echo danielhart's response.

We use reserved seating all the time, and we love it. We don't tend to make it to the theaters except for big 'event' movies like Harry Potter or Spider-Man 2, and the fact that you can buy your tickets days early and not have to worry about getting there early to get a decent seat is definitely worth the extra $5 to us. If it's a movie that's been out for a few weeks, we'll go with the regular seats, but otherwise it's VIP for us. We always go to matinees, too, so the cost isn't too high.

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

djheini is offline Old Post 06-27-2004 09:02 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for djheini Find more posts by djheini Add djheini to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
djheini
Driven away by TiVo

They're opening a new theatre in my town next week, and one of the theatres has reserved seating. Seems cool for the big movies, but not worth it for regular movies. I think it is $2 more for a ticket in the theatre with reserved seating than the regular theatres.

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Charon2 is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 02:19 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Charon2 Visit Charon2's homepage! Find more posts by Charon2 Add Charon2 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Charon2
Employed Again

Misread this one at first. I was thinking, why would anyone want to reserve a seat at Lowes? Where would it be? Lumber?

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

gtrogue is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 02:39 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for gtrogue Find more posts by gtrogue Add gtrogue to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gtrogue
Enormous Member

Couple reserved seating with a "no one under 21 permitted" policy and I'd pay $10 extra!

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

BOARshevik is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 02:42 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for BOARshevik Visit BOARshevik's homepage! Find more posts by BOARshevik Add BOARshevik to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BOARshevik
OINK!

quote:
Originally posted by gtrogue
Couple reserved seating with a "no one under 21 permitted" policy and I'd pay $10 extra!

Whoever would implement such a policy deserves to have their balls chewed by rabid dogs.

POST #8 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

supham is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 02:43 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for supham Find more posts by supham Add supham to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
supham
Slow Member

Is it $5 per ticket or per order. I would do the per order when going with another couple, but $5 per ticket seems steep.

shannon

POST #9 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

BOARshevik is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 02:45 AM
BOARshevik
OINK!

quote:
Originally posted by supham
Is it $5 per ticket or per order. I would do the per order when going with another couple, but $5 per ticket seems steep.

The reserved ticket costs $13.99 and the standard adult ticket costs $8.99.

POST #10 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Graymalkin is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 02:46 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Graymalkin Find more posts by Graymalkin Add Graymalkin to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Graymalkin
Half-Wit Pundit

The UMF strikes again!

I just signed up for a reserved seat at Loews Jersey Gardens for Spider-Man 2 on Sunday. Of course, after the concessions and NJ Turnpike tolls, this'll cost me $25 for a matinee, but it's Spider-Man 2! (I normally wouldn't go anywhere near that mall after 12 noon.)

Thanks for the tip.

The ticket was $9.25, plus $1 Fandango service charge. The matinee is normally $5.75. So this is a $4.50 premium.

I know it's been said, many times, many ways, but you're the man, Gray! -- Thaed
Yes, Gray is one hell of a guy. -- Mavenelle

POST #11 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

timckelley is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 02:46 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for timckelley Find more posts by timckelley Add timckelley to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
timckelley
No Friends Have TiVo

quote:
Originally posted by gtrogue

Alamo Drafthouse cinema here in Austin has a "no one under 21 permmitted" policy. That's because alcohol is served there.

Signal source: Time Warner analog cable, no box

POST #12 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

timckelley is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 02:47 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for timckelley Find more posts by timckelley Add timckelley to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
timckelley
No Friends Have TiVo

quote:
Originally posted by BOARshevik
The reserved ticket costs $13.99 and the standard adult ticket costs $8.99.

Holy Christ! $13.99 for a ticket? No thanks.

POST #13 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

StanSimmons is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 02:49 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for StanSimmons Find more posts by StanSimmons Add StanSimmons to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
StanSimmons
Senior Moment Member

quote:
Whoever would implement such a policy deserves to have their balls chewed by rabid dogs.

Why?

I don't go to movies very often anymore because of the rabid, vapid teenie-boppers who can't/won't shutup during a movie. I'd pay $10 extra to not have to deal with screaming babies and gum-smacking teenagers while I try to watch a movie.

"easy as 3.1415926535897932384626433832795028841"
Ask me about Vonage.

POST #14 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

supham is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 02:49 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for supham Find more posts by supham Add supham to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
supham
Slow Member

One more question: any trouble with getting your seat? I have Detroit Lions season tickets, and 50% of the games I have to kick someone out of my seat.

shannon

POST #15 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

BOARshevik is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 02:50 AM
BOARshevik
OINK!

quote:
Originally posted by timckelley
Alamo Drafthouse cinema here in Austin has a "no one under 21 permmitted" policy. That's because alcohol is served there.

I'd like drinking during a movie, but I'm not so sure I'd like some of the other people drinking too. Are the people in the Alamo Drafthouse well-behaved?

POST #16 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Graymalkin is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 02:51 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Graymalkin Find more posts by Graymalkin Add Graymalkin to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Graymalkin
Half-Wit Pundit

quote:
Originally posted by supham
One more question: any trouble with getting your seat? I have Detroit Lions season tickets, and 50% of the games I have to kick someone out of my seat.

shannon

Um, do these squatters actually put up a fight? Do they just leave when you ask politely, or do you need to get the cops involved?

Believe me, if someone's in my $10.25 seat, I'll be bitching to management pronto.

I know it's been said, many times, many ways, but you're the man, Gray! -- Thaed
Yes, Gray is one hell of a guy. -- Mavenelle

POST #17 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

timckelley is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 02:52 AM
timckelley
No Friends Have TiVo

quote:
I'd like drinking during a movie, but I'm not so sure I'd like some of the other people drinking too. Are the people in the Alamo Drafthouse well-behaved?

I've only been there once, but they were indeed well behaved. Having no children there really made the room quieter and easier to watch to the movie.

POST #18 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jsmeeker is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 02:53 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jsmeeker Find more posts by jsmeeker Add jsmeeker to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jsmeeker
Big know-it-all

quote:
Originally posted by StanSimmons
Why?

I don't go to movies very often anymore because of the rabid, vapid teenie-boppers who can't/won't shutup during a movie. I'd pay $10 extra to not have to deal with screaming babies and gum-smacking teenagers while I try to watch a movie.

If you are ever in L.A., check out the 21+ screenings at the Arc Light in Hollywood.

http://www.arclightcinemas.com/do/s...243.jsp&path=cs

Yay, Smeek! Smeek rules! -- JediCowboyD
jsmeeker, you will live in a dark place someday....where they do not allow TiVo. -- nachonaco

POST #19 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

BOARshevik is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 02:53 AM
BOARshevik
OINK!

quote:
Originally posted by StanSimmons
Why?

I'm against all age-based restrictions. By implementing such a policy, you'd get rid of the troublemakers, but you'd also eliminate the movie experience for many people who want to sit and watch the movie quietly. You'd also not get rid of troublemakers over 21, so the policy would be useless.

A policy like that would also be pretty much the same as implementing one that banned people of a certain race from going to a movie.

POST #20 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged