TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Off Topic Areas (Non-TiVo) > Happy Hour - General Chit-Chat
>>> Loews Reserved Seating <<<

Pages (5): « Prev 1 2 3 [4] 5 Next »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
StanSimmons is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 11:11 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for StanSimmons Find more posts by StanSimmons Add StanSimmons to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
StanSimmons
Senior Moment Member

quote:
Originally posted by justapixel
No personal attacks, please. Stick to the discussion, and not the people arguing the issue.

This isn't the only attack in this thread, but it will be the last.

Thank you.

Sorry about that, JAP, I didn't think that it was an attack... just an opinion based on observation. I will bow to your wishes... Do you want me to remove the post?

"easy as 3.1415926535897932384626433832795028841"
Ask me about Vonage.

POST #61 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

martinp13 is offline Old Post 06-30-2004 12:16 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for martinp13 Visit martinp13's homepage! Find more posts by martinp13 Add martinp13 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
martinp13
Official Texas TIVO

No, if you remove the post, then there will be 50 posts asking "what did I miss? where was the attack?" Best to leave the bodies on the battlefield for the vultures to scavenge.

TC-Con 05/Las Vegas : Come on, you KNOW you want to go! Check it out!

"We're out of our elephant..." - uncdrew's client
"My implants are frozen!" - One of the bimbos who slept on a glacier in The Amazing Race 6

POST #62 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

martinp13 is offline Old Post 06-30-2004 12:18 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for martinp13 Visit martinp13's homepage! Find more posts by martinp13 Add martinp13 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
martinp13
Official Texas TIVO

quote:
Originally posted by Meinrad
At our Loew's you get a specific seat. They have seat maps for each theatre and we keep track of which seats we like in each theatre. I like the ones that are just 2 seats in the row. It's easy for my wife and I to get in and out while not having anyone else have to get past us.

As far as what distinguishes them. They are comfy soft chairs, with lots of legroom, and in the best spot in the theatre. They also flip up the armrest between the two seats so that it's like we're on a small love seat.

Really makes my movie experience much more enjoyable.

They really have this in Pittsburgh?

TC-Con 05/Las Vegas : Come on, you KNOW you want to go! Check it out!

"We're out of our elephant..." - uncdrew's client
"My implants are frozen!" - One of the bimbos who slept on a glacier in The Amazing Race 6

POST #63 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

BOARshevik is offline Old Post 06-30-2004 12:40 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for BOARshevik Visit BOARshevik's homepage! Find more posts by BOARshevik Add BOARshevik to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BOARshevik
OINK!

quote:
Originally posted by StanSimmons
Sorry about that, JAP, I didn't think that it was an attack... just an opinion based on observation. I will bow to your wishes... Do you want me to remove the post?

I say leave it. It's very flattering when your opponent has nothing to resort to but abusive ad hominems that have no basis in reality.

POST #64 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

CTLesq is offline Old Post 06-30-2004 12:42 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for CTLesq Find more posts by CTLesq Add CTLesq to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CTLesq
Oppressor

quote:
Originally posted by BOARshevik
I say leave it. It's very flattering when your opponent has nothing to resort to but abusive ad hominems that have no basis in reality.

Pot meet kettle.

POST #65 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

BOARshevik is offline Old Post 06-30-2004 12:44 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for BOARshevik Visit BOARshevik's homepage! Find more posts by BOARshevik Add BOARshevik to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BOARshevik
OINK!

quote:
Originally posted by CTLesq
Pot meet kettle.

Point out where I once used an ad hom insult in this thread.

POST #66 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

CTLesq is offline Old Post 06-30-2004 12:46 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for CTLesq Find more posts by CTLesq Add CTLesq to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CTLesq
Oppressor

quote:

The tone of the statement I quoted by you was more than enough.

The subject was dead and over. There was no need for you to even address it. Further, the manner in which you characterized the comments made by SS was an attack in of itself.

I am now done with commenting on this matter.

POST #67 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

RegBarc is offline Old Post 06-30-2004 12:47 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for RegBarc Visit RegBarc's homepage! Find more posts by RegBarc Add RegBarc to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RegBarc
Member-at-Large

quote:
Thread, meet lock.

The Triangle - Ed-Op Editor

"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it." - Thomas Paine

POST #68 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

RegBarc is offline Old Post 06-30-2004 12:50 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for RegBarc Visit RegBarc's homepage! Find more posts by RegBarc Add RegBarc to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RegBarc
Member-at-Large

I think we can all safely just drop the issue of the age, no one really cares anymore, and I am partly to blame for bringing the thread off topic. I apologize to the OP for that, and I think we are all mature enough to let the age issue float away and not try to get last-in cheap shots.

As to try to gain retribution for deviating from topic, I would get the reserve seating only if my girlfriend insisted on going to the movies with me (which is not a regular occurrence) and I wanted to treat her, not necessarily myself. But if I am going with friends (about 70% of the time), I would not even consider the seats. I view them as more of a special occasion for me and my girlfriend.

The Triangle - Ed-Op Editor

"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it." - Thomas Paine

POST #69 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

BOARshevik is offline Old Post 06-30-2004 12:55 AM
BOARshevik
OINK!

I think we should end the discussion only because it's obvious that no one is going to change their mind. I'll still continue to believe what I believe since there have been few convincing arguments against me and everyone else will continue to believe what they believe because it seems to make sense.

edit: removed slavery remark

Last edited by BOARshevik on 06-30-2004 at 04:01 AM

POST #70 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

timckelley is offline Old Post 06-30-2004 01:00 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for timckelley Find more posts by timckelley Add timckelley to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
timckelley
No Friends Have TiVo

quote:
Originally posted by justapixel
This isn't the only attack in this thread, but it will be the last.

Thank you.

No, the last will be the one immediately preceding the thread lock.

Signal source: Time Warner analog cable, no box

POST #71 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

IndyJones1023 is offline Old Post 06-30-2004 01:03 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for IndyJones1023 Find more posts by IndyJones1023 Add IndyJones1023 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IndyJones1023
Now in PG!

quote:
(like slavery once seemed to make sense).

It's things like this that get threads locked. You claim maturity and a civil debate style. Please practice what you preach.

Come to the Hotlando Meet!

The TC-Con '04 DVD!

POST #72 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

timckelley is offline Old Post 06-30-2004 01:05 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for timckelley Find more posts by timckelley Add timckelley to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
timckelley
No Friends Have TiVo

In a sense, the way I distinguish discrimination by age vs. by religion or race, is because they're less mature, and in a sense, have less rights than an adult. Just as a fetus has less rights than a baby (it may be aborted), a minor has less rights than an adult (they may not vote).

Also, with maturity comes responsibility. I see nothing unethical about not holding minors as responsible for their actions as adults.... because they haven't matured yet. Freedoms and responsibilities tend to go hand in hand, so as one matures, they will obtain more responsibility and obtain the freedoms that go along with it.

This is not only legal and how our system works, it also seems just and right, in my opinion.

POST #73 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

smak is offline Old Post 06-30-2004 01:13 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for smak Find more posts by smak Add smak to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
smak
new glossy edition

Why don't we end the discussion on age, which is totally off topic, and get back to the discussion on reserved seating in theaters...

The arclight is a great theatre. I pick my exact seat online, print my own tickets, and they scan it on the way into the theatre. I don't even think they charge a service charge for buying online.

If i'm going to see a 2 month old movie at 3 pm on a Tuesday, reserved seating and the extra pricing is not worth it.

If i'm seeing Spiderman 2 this Friday at 7, I would never not have a reserved seat if one was available.

If you aren't there 90 minutes before, you are not going to get a good seat, and you're going to have to wait a long time.

With reserved seat in hand, i can get there 10 minutes before, go past all lines and my great seat is waiting there for me.

In most theatres I've seen, the entire theater is reserved, or not reserved, they don't have sections of seats reserved, and some not.

The Bridge here in L.A. only has 2 or 3 theaters with reserved seating, the rest are not.

-smak-

1. Buy
2. Complain
3. Research
4. Apologize

Come visit us at TC Poker Community

www.tcpokercommunity.com

POST #74 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

BOARshevik is offline Old Post 06-30-2004 01:13 AM
BOARshevik
OINK!

quote:
Originally posted by IndyJones1023
It's things like this that get threads locked. You claim maturity and a civil debate style. Please practice what you preach.

There's nothing wrong with stating my opinion that age-related discrimination is wrong just as slavery was wrong.

If you disagree with my closing statement, post one of your own. If you really feel that I am a troll, then what does that make you when you respond? You should practice what YOU preach.

I know I decided to stop arguing the issue, but I'll respond if I have to defend myself personally. I won't respond to any more posts on this topic unless it's about reserved seating in a movie theater.

POST #75 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

timckelley is offline Old Post 06-30-2004 01:19 AM
timckelley
No Friends Have TiVo

On the subject of reserving seats, here's an alternative that works for me in situations where a huge movie is about to come out:

1. I buy tickets in advance (no reserved seats)
2. My wife and I show up an hour early (which means we're going to get good seats).
3. I buy is the hugest size popcorn bucket they've got and a large soft drink (with two straws).
4. While waiting in line for seats, we chow down.
5. We're able to finish the popcorn and drink before the movie even starts. (Admittedly I eat more than her.)
6. Good news: When you get the largest size bucket, and large drink, you're eligible for free refill of both, so I proceed to refill both for free.
7. I sit back down, and now we get to slowly eat the second bucket during the movie itself.
8. I leave the theater feeling very satisfied.

POST #76 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dschwab is offline Old Post 06-30-2004 01:49 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for dschwab Find more posts by dschwab Add dschwab to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dschwab
Advanced Member

quote:
Originally posted by martinp13
They really have this in Pittsburgh?

Heck, here in Columbus we have a theater with reserved seating, age restrictions, full bar, AND French leather reclining seats in the reserved section.

And please stop feeding the troll

POST #77 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Frylock is offline Old Post 06-30-2004 01:57 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Frylock Find more posts by Frylock Add Frylock to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Frylock
Live Long and Tivo!

So are reserved theatres set up just like another theatre, or do they have more seats? That's got to be weird going to a movie just like going to a theatre or sporting event (i.e. reserved seating events). What will they think of next?!?

POST #78 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

BOARshevik is offline Old Post 06-30-2004 01:58 AM
BOARshevik
OINK!

quote:
Originally posted by dschwab
And please stop feeding the troll

I'm not a troll, I didn't post just to get people riled up. If you don't like what is being said, that doesn't make the person saying it a troll.

POST #79 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jsmeeker is offline Old Post 06-30-2004 01:58 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jsmeeker Find more posts by jsmeeker Add jsmeeker to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jsmeeker
Big know-it-all

quote:
Originally posted by Frylock
So are reserved theatres set up just like another theatre, or do they have more seats? That's got to be weird going to a movie just like going to a theatre or sporting event (i.e. reserved seating events). What will they think of next?!?

Just like a regular theatre. It's not werid at all, really.

Yay, Smeek! Smeek rules! -- JediCowboyD
jsmeeker, you will live in a dark place someday....where they do not allow TiVo. -- nachonaco

POST #80 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged