TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Off Topic Areas (Non-TiVo) > Happy Hour - General Chit-Chat
>>> Loews Reserved Seating <<<

Pages (5): « First ... « Prev 2 3 4 [5]  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
smak is offline Old Post 06-30-2004 03:20 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for smak Find more posts by smak Add smak to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
smak
new glossy edition

quote:
Originally posted by BOARshevik
I'm not a troll, I didn't post just to get people riled up. If you don't like what is being said, that doesn't make the person saying it a troll.

If it's being posted ad nauseam in a thread that has nothing to do with that subject, i'm afraid it does.

-smak-

POST #81 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

BOARshevik is offline Old Post 06-30-2004 03:26 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for BOARshevik Visit BOARshevik's homepage! Find more posts by BOARshevik Add BOARshevik to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BOARshevik
OINK!

quote:
Originally posted by smak
If it's being posted ad nauseam in a thread that has nothing to do with that subject, i'm afraid it does.

I posted a single comment in response to someone else's comment and then get deluged with negative responses. Every single post I've made on the subject has been in response to someone else, and yet you blame me.

POST #82 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

RegBarc is offline Old Post 06-30-2004 03:43 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for RegBarc Visit RegBarc's homepage! Find more posts by RegBarc Add RegBarc to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RegBarc
Member-at-Large

quote:
I'm not a troll, I didn't post just to get people riled up. If you don't like what is being said, that doesn't make the person saying it a troll.
I trusted you, BS, to not encourage this debate further, and your slavery comment was pitiful. You're doing it for shock value at this point.

It's best not to argue with him, people. He obviously lives for it.

The Triangle - Ed-Op Editor

"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it." - Thomas Paine

POST #83 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

RegBarc is offline Old Post 06-30-2004 03:51 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for RegBarc Visit RegBarc's homepage! Find more posts by RegBarc Add RegBarc to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RegBarc
Member-at-Large

I think that if people are willing to pay for the good seating, then that is their prerogative, and heck, maybe it might be sweet to see your own highly anticipated movie in a comfortable setting. The only problem I see is if a movie theater takes advantage of this and charges an exorbitant price for the seat. I think 15 bucks is a little unreasonable, but not necessarily outrageous.

But if they start raising the price, I would probably not go to the theater at all, or sparingly, and look for cheaper places in the area. There's plenty around Philly.

The Triangle - Ed-Op Editor

"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it." - Thomas Paine

POST #84 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Bryanmc is offline Old Post 06-30-2004 03:58 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Bryanmc Visit Bryanmc's homepage! Find more posts by Bryanmc Add Bryanmc to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bryanmc
Will work for money.

I wish this was available here, I'd gladly pay it for the rare times I make it to the theater.

POST #85 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

BOARshevik is offline Old Post 06-30-2004 04:00 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for BOARshevik Visit BOARshevik's homepage! Find more posts by BOARshevik Add BOARshevik to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BOARshevik
OINK!

quote:
Originally posted by RegBarc
I trusted you, BS, to not encourage this debate further, and your slavery comment was pitiful. You're doing it for shock value at this point.

I'll remove it.

quote:
It's best not to argue with him, people. He obviously lives for it.

So when somebody posts something controversial, that's always only for shock value? I should therefore always agree with the majority no matter how wrong I may believe it to be?

I would like nothing more than to have this argument end and for the personal attacks to stop. I'm now on the defensive here.

POST #86 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

DreadPirateRob is offline Old Post 06-30-2004 04:13 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for DreadPirateRob Find more posts by DreadPirateRob Add DreadPirateRob to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DreadPirateRob
Miembro Gigante

quote:
Point out where I once used an ad hom insult in this thread.

What about this:
quote:
Whoever would implement such a policy deserves to have their balls chewed by rabid dogs.

Granted, it doesn't strictly meet the definiton of an ad hominem attack, but it's clearly an insult and clearly directed at the person who advocated the implementation of the 21+ policy.

I'm just saying...

I think you must be that voice in my head - bluenoise

POST #87 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

BOARshevik is offline Old Post 06-30-2004 04:17 AM
BOARshevik
OINK!

quote:
Originally posted by DreadPirateRob
What about this:

Granted, it doesn't strictly meet the definiton of an ad hominem attack, but it's clearly an insult and clearly directed at the person who advocated the implementation of the 21+ policy.

I'm just saying...

No, because it was against whoever would implement such a policy, not the person who proposed it. I worded that very carefully. It was foolish. I should have just posted my objections and that would have been the end of it.

POST #88 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

StanSimmons is offline Old Post 06-30-2004 04:53 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for StanSimmons Find more posts by StanSimmons Add StanSimmons to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
StanSimmons
Senior Moment Member

quote:
I say leave it. It's very flattering when your opponent has nothing to resort to but abusive ad hominems that have no basis in reality.

Bs,

You might want to look up words like "abusive" and "ad hominem" before you use them. My post was neither.

"easy as 3.1415926535897932384626433832795028841"
Ask me about Vonage.

POST #89 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

justapixel is offline Old Post 06-30-2004 06:11 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for justapixel Find more posts by justapixel Add justapixel to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
justapixel
TiVo Mama

quote:
I say leave it. It's very flattering when your opponent has nothing to resort to but abusive ad hominems that have no basis in reality.

And, this is what got the thread closed and this user a 24 hour ban.

If the OP wishes to start a new thread on reserved seating, feel free, but let us keep it on that topic.

Thanks.

I'm eclectic.

POST #90 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged